Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When sharks and crocodiles ate dinosaurs

Options
  • 24-02-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭

Paper describes a femur from a large (Gallimimus size) ornithomimosaur previously unidentified from eastern North America with shark and crocodile bite marks. 
    https://peerj.com/preprints/26565/
    This is from the latest Cretaceous, so the crocodile bite marks could not come from known dinosaur-eater Deinosuchus. However, the paper does mention two crocodile species from that time and region (Borealosuchus and Thoracosaurus), in the same size range as today's largest crocodiles. A specimen of Thoracosaurus apparently reached 7 or 8 meters long.
    6e70b8de6a2f2f60a71dd615ceabc973_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1466227742&auto=format&lossless=true&

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

something is stopping me from seeing photo links

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

I've noticed some pictures I post don´t show up afterwards... dunno what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I've noticed some pictures I post don´t show up afterwards... dunno what's going on.

that is why I post up youtube videos instead these days.

Advertisement