Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Lidl or ALDI Store in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-02-2018 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

There are less than 20 stores of Lidl in wide Dublin area.

Does anyone know which one is the largest I can get a bigger variety of goods?

Aldi as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They are all built to basically identical layouts and carry the same product range. Quieter stores will often have specials for longer and these are often the few smaller ones, not the bigger ones.

There are 25 Lidl's within 10km of O'Connell Bridge let alone "less than 20"; over 50 in Greater Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

ulfilas wrote: »
    Hi all,

There are less than 20 stores of Lidl in wide Dublin area.

Aldi as well.

All would be pretty much the same size and they tend to carry the same might be minor variances if something isn't a big seller

As per L1011's post I took a TV break LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ulfilas

google maping I found 16 Lidl within the M50
    https://www.google.ie/maps/search/lidl/@53.3089395,-6.2284111,11z

I was wondering maybe Tallaght's Lidl is bigger since it is near its Irish HQ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tallaght isn't within the m50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

The lidl in Artane - it's Ireland's biggest lingerie section, I understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Aldi as well.

You're asking which 'one' is the largest so you can find a bigger variety which is to imply that there is a branch of Lidl and Aldi which has stuff that they don't have in any of their other stores which simply is not the case. There might be items they don't have space to carry in the smaller branches but all of the bigger branches carry exactly the same range.

The bigger stores get more of the specials but having more footfall, they also run out of the popular stuff just as fast as smaller stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to the Dublin city foeum.

OP - all the Aldi or Lidl stores are built to the same basic layout (with a few exceptions). They all carry the same range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lidl Eastwall is bigger than Artane, Coolock, Rathmines, Baldoyle and Moore St. Dunno bout Glasnevin or Portmarnock. But I dont think its a Tesco extra type setup... same stock just more of it and more trolley space for maneuvrinh.

ps it has takeaway coffee, fresh bakery and a customer toilet

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The busiest Aldi in Ireland is the Coolock branch. It’s also larger than most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

The Lidl in tallght is much bigger than their typical store and is a really nice shop. They definitely stock more there than in the other stores, e.g. take away coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Certainly the Lidl Rathmines and Ranelagh branches are smaller than Walkinstown and Terenure.
    google maping I found 16 Lidl within the M50
    https://www.google.ie/maps/search/lidl/@53.3089395,-6.2284111,11z
    Go to the source! :)

https://www.lidl.ie/en/store-finder.htm
    https://www.aldi.ie/store-finder
    I was wondering maybe Tallaght's Lidl is bigger since it is near its Irish HQ ?
    That may be specious logic. There used to be two Lidls side by side, but one of them may have been developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Victor wrote: »
    ]

That may be specious logic. There used to be two Lidls side by side, but one of them may have been developed.

The old one was closed at the same time the new one opened at the opposite side of the car park. It's been split up in to smaller units now (Costa coffee, chemist, petshop)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Simona1986 wrote: »
    The Lidl in tallght is much bigger than their typical store and is a really nice shop. They definitely stock more there than in the other stores, e.g. take away coffee

Ditto the one on Grange Road, Rathfarnham. Since it's refurb it's bigger and nicer than the nearby one at Nutgrove.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the new one on the navan road has a better selection than glasnevin

Advertisement