Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in cork and meeting other mums

Options
  • 24-02-2018 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm 39 and from cork originally but have been living in a different county for the last nine years.. I'm hoping to make some more friends as I've lost touch with most. I have a three year old and I work Mon to Fri. I would love to meet other females or mums for play dates or coffee. Any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Are you after moving back to Cork? If so which part?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Luckygirl78

Ursummupet wrote: »
    In July.. But I come down to my parents house every months to see extended family etc.

In July.. But I come down to my parents house every months to see extended family etc.
    Hoping to start making friends before I move down for good. Can't wait to get back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My wife organises a Cuidiu meet up every 2nd Monday inside in the Haven Cafe by the gate cinema. Mainly mothers of toddlers, usually around 10 or 12 people attend. Might be worth investigating, I think cuidiu run them all over the place...

Ursummupet wrote: »
    Sorry new to this. Southside and moving towards rivers tick belgooly then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Sorry new to this. Southside and moving towards rivers tick belgooly then.

I'm North Cork so not much use to you. Best of luck in the move hope you'll settle back well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Riverstick / belgooly, I'd say your best bet is kinsale community groups.
    Your school community groups will be fairly active, possibly the pre-school you use. And introduce yourself to the neighbours. That's the best thing about kids, they break the ice for you. :D

What's your female only rule about? My husband is a stay at home dad,  thankfully the other parents don't exclude him.

pwurple wrote: »
    Riverstick / belgooly, I'd say your best bet is kinsale community groups.
    Your school community groups will be fairly active, possibly the pre-school you use. And introduce yourself to the neighbours. That's the best thing about kids, they break the ice for you. :D

What's your female only rule about? My husband is a stay at home dad,  thankfully the other parents don't exclude him.
    I don't know why I wrote females!!!! Probably just the bad experience from my separation. Thank you so much for the tips

Advertisement