Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Dead Day & Night

• 25-02-2018 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I've been in town a bit since Christmas and by day and night, it seems to me at least to be dead.

I've found a few of the pubs I've been to, to be very quiet and shopping just seems to be me on my own in most shops I've been to.

Did anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Pubs are always quiet January

MrLaurel wrote: »
    I've been in town a bit since Christmas and by day and night, it seems to me at least to be dead.

I've found a few of the pubs I've been to, to be very quiet and shopping just seems to be me on my own in most shops I've been to.

Did anyone else notice this?

Complete opposite from what I've seen to be honest. Haven't seen the city so busy in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well one of you is lying !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Complete opposite from what I've seen to be honest. Haven't seen the city so busy in years.

In general I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Just went to city centre, all packed and no roads are full with cars, today at least.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just went to city centre, all packed and no roads are full with cars, today at least.

Ah Sunday illegal parking day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

+1. Obviously, there will be the post-Christmas lull, but that appears to be over and, from what I can see, the city is doing quite well. The caveat being that I tend to frequent the city during the historically busy times anyway, such as Thursday evenings, Friday nights, Saturdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Town is dead, sher no point going in really unless you want to pay for parking, or want an organic coffee or want to talk about rugby at the bar or dance to the latest chart s**t music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Stab*City wrote: »
    Town is dead, sher no point going in really unless you want to pay for parking, or want an organic coffee or want to talk about rugby at the bar or dance to the latest chart s**t music.

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I do all of those on a regular basis while waiting on my phone to be repaired with the money I received from cashing in my gold. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I do all of those on a regular basis while waiting on my phone to be repaired with the money I received from cashing in my gold. ;)

And getting a haircut, obviously. :P

And getting a haircut, obviously. :P

Or a tattoo or a €2 iphone charger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Or picking up some vaping liquid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Two yoyos? jayus I gets mine in Dealz for only one fifty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I prefer it when it's quieter.

Hold up there is now going to be another place to get fancy coffee and boutique your afternoons away..

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/news/302257/new-high-end-food-hall-for-limerick-city.html

Advertisement