Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    If you are a wolf you want to protect your team - so vote for yourself (can't incriminate anyone)

If you are goodie you want to find a wolf (you've voted for yourself so that contradicts you being a goodie)

If I am a goody it’s obvious that Henry is a wolf. I don’t need to vote for him to point that out do I?

I’m a villager who has been already tried and like Derry who didn’t care much for shooting an Nrv (even when he found out they were good) I am angry and pissed off that the village would be sold so easily on Henry’s claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    That's a nicely scripted post :pac:
    Some recap of whats happened, and some safe fence sitting.

I'm almost certain that Desmond is a baddie tbh. Would have voted him last night if I wasn't saving my own arse.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    See Gertie, I'm NRV. So who would Griff (Brendan) be covering for?

It's a nice story mind.

I don't know who brendan was covering for.

Its a nice story? I've been banging that drum FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Look back through my posts.

I don't know who brendan was covering for.

Its a nice story? I've been banging that drum FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Look back through my posts.

I know and I've been refuting it since you began spinning the web.

How did you know that the task was to say Werewolf btw?

I still have no idea how I got my gun to blast Steve in the head.

#StillNotSorry

Interesting. So he might be a villager yet you want us to believe he'd claim seer to kill you?

I think he is a wolf. Not sure why a NRV would target me out of the blue like that.

Again, two people roll revealed this morning. The wolves were planning to claim a roll. Why claim the more elaborate priest role?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Again non of you can even answer the question cause it’s valid..

Somebody good and bad role revealed this morning. Why did the wolves choose the lesser role that clearly can do way more damage then the more convoluted Priest one!!!!

You're saying the priest is the lesser role? I'd disagree. Said so even before the two posts by Gertrude and Henry. Having a priest tell us where we stand with regard to number of wolves left would have been far more useful. As it is we still have to guess. A seer that mis-reads Biff and recruited wolves, and possibly (though I don't think this is the case) awoken wolves is far less useful. Especially if all results had been negative. It's mostly luck that garners a seer a positive (wolf) answer - though some seers are better at peeking wolves than others.

Not saying a seer is totally useless but I'd have personally much rathered have a priest still. Others may think differently and that's fine, but one role is not categorically better than another, it's more a matter of opinion. And in the case of Gertrude and her team, I guess their opinion as that a priest was more useful a role to come out as - maybe because one of her team's powers is a priest role themselves and they knew the real priest was gone. Who knows?

I know and I've been refuting it since you began spinning the web.

How did you know that the task was to say Werewolf btw?

I still have no idea how I got my gun to blast Steve in the head.

#StillNotSorry

I had no idea about that werewolf task. It was my third post. Pure chance. I've explained this loads of times. The power was useless anyway at that stage of the game. I couldn't risk telling Liam at the start that I am the priest.

Guys we need to figure this out going forward. Its basically my word against Henry's.

My story apparently lacks cohesion. I think we lynch Nigel tonight. I can confirm Henry's lie from there. But its still my word against his. Pffft. Where's the real priest and apprentice priest if I am lying???

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ive no idea how I got the Almanac.

If Gert is lying about that, she could have lied about how she thinks she got the letter to keep other possible prize tasks to herself and her bad crew.

I said nothing to suggest i earned a prize that i can see in the run up to winning the almanac.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

What cohesion am I lacking?

I didn't get a priest vibe from Mary or an apprentice priest vibe from Clodagh.

You conveniently couldn't find anything useful in Mary's posts.

You thought Brendan was covering for Derry or Doris, but now think otherwise.

All kinda fluffy.

Nice attempt though. If Henry hadn't posted right after, contradictory information, I might have actually even believed it. Your team's bad luck that the seer was still alive, I guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I'm almost certain that Desmond is a baddie tbh. Would have voted him last night if I wasn't saving my own arse.

Tbh, that post reads like someone in a backroom was screaming he needed to post something cause his absence was being noted, and so he just posted that.

One thing I'll argue is we shouldn't waste a peek on Desmond though; if the game goes on, he'll be far less influential than other players right now, and will have a harder time defending himself down the road. Does that make sense? Desmond feels like the type of kill we go on if the seer peeks come back blank.

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I think he is a wolf. Not sure why a NRV would target me out of the blue like that.

Again, two people roll revealed this morning. The wolves were planning to claim a roll. Why claim the more elaborate priest role?

I don't know, I'm not party to the wolf backroom so I have no idea of their thoughts tbh.

But it's pretty obvious that while you and Gertie are bad, you're not on the same team.

So I ask again, do we take a punt on taking out an SK?

BG should protect me tonight because my story will be silenced otherwise. Henry will survive for another day because

a) this apparent almanac (can't believe any of this anymore)
    b) he is the SK so WILL NOT GET HIT

Conor WW wrote: »
    You're saying the priest is the lesser role? I'd disagree. Said so even before the two posts by Gertrude and Henry. Having a priest tell us where we stand with regard to number of wolves left would have been far more useful. As it is we still have to guess. A seer that mis-reads Biff and recruited wolves, and possibly (though I don't think this is the case) awoken wolves is far less useful. Especially if all results had been negative. It's mostly luck that garners a seer a positive (wolf) answer - though some seers are better at peeking wolves than others.

Not saying a seer is totally useless but I'd have personally much rathered have a priest still. Others may think differently and that's fine, but one role is not categorically better than another, it's more a matter of opinion. And in the case of Gertrude and her team, I guess their opinion as that a priest was more useful a role to come out as - maybe because one of her team's powers is a priest role themselves and they knew the real priest was gone. Who knows?

I guessed who to peek. Gut feelings and nothing more

I guessed Liam based on the previous lynch results, liam always was in a large pack of voters

Tbh, that post reads like someone in a backroom was screaming he needed to post something cause his absence was being noted, and so he just posted that.

One thing I'll argue is we shouldn't waste a peek on Desmond though; if the game goes on, he'll be far less influential than other players right now, and will have a harder time defending himself down the road. Does that make sense? Desmond feels like the type of kill we go on if the seer peeks come back blank.

Yep agreed. I think Holly, Phil, Isla, Abigail or Frank are higher value peeks tbh.

Hence why i asked for them this morning.

I had until 10 to make my peek. Was gonna go desmond until i saw the results

Out of them, no one stands out as a clear peek front runner tonight

I didn't get a priest vibe from Mary or an apprentice priest vibe from Clodagh.

You conveniently couldn't find anything useful in Mary's posts.

You thought Brendan was covering for Derry or Doris, but now think otherwise.

All kinda fluffy.

Nice attempt though. If Henry hadn't posted right after, contradictory information, I might have actually even believed it. Your team's bad luck that the seer was still alive, I guess.

Mary was seer, not priest.

I still think Brendan was covering for Derry. Derry is obviously claiming NRV. Doris has been proven goodie.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Out of them, no one stands out as a clear peek front runner tonight

No but it reduces the pool at least. I'd be happy with any of them tbh.

Seer is an easier role to manipulate and harder to refute. Also Henry can now peek whoeve he wants and orchestrate the Lynch’s. Bit of an advantage there in leading the village to victory or ruin so I’d say a stronger role right now!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

That's a nicely scripted post :pac:
    Some recap of whats happened, and some safe fence sitting.

If it was a case of posting for the sake of posting I would have just put up something last night when it looked likely that I was gonna be lynched. Just genuinely couldn't get on much yesterday.

• Advertisement

Village is completely ****ed if Henry takes the reins

Mary was seer, not priest.

I still think Brendan was covering for Derry. Derry is obviously claiming NRV. Doris has been proven goodie.

So there's currently TWO long cons going on in this game thread is what you're saying....?

Nah sorry Gertie. Not buying it.

gg

So there's currently TWO long cons going on in this game thread is what you're saying....?

Nah sorry Gertie. Not buying it.

Sorry what? What two long cons?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    If it was a case of posting for the sake of posting I would have just put up something last night when it looked likely that I was gonna be lynched. Just genuinely couldn't get on much yesterday.

How did it look likely? I was the front runner for the lynch and on thread people were saying Clodagh...

We got another one folks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Your such a good priest you forgot to tell us who angus is...

Sorry what? What two long cons?

My apparent cover in plain sight and Brendan falling on his sword for me.

And now Henry's seer claim...

That's a lot of moving parts.

Isla WW wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Isla WW wrote: »

lol good point. Just checked PM. NRV

• Advertisement

I feel the wheels are going to fall off with that slip, gg village

Advertisement