Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    There is hours before the first lynch, why are people so concerned with naming people this early?

I'm not concerned. I suppose we could always just go back to putting celebrity faces to our accounts and sleep walk our way to the lynch...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Just exploring all avenues Steve Wilkos

I'd say more Steve jobs
    Steve WW wrote: »
    442914.JPG

I did get a giggle from this one. Although I do think in the interest of the game you should post normally other than just gifs

Henry, Back to your earlier post to Derry about if you had to vote right now who would you go for? I like the low poster strategy however not going to get hung up on it throughout the day. See where we are at 7 or so then make a call. If anyone had to vote right now you'd presume it'd be for a low poster.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I'm not concerned. I suppose we could always just go back to putting celebrity faces to our accounts and sleep walk our way to the lynch...

The game is unfolding as we speak, with the mods giving us more and more info. hold on there friend. Your strategy wont be a bad one later, but lets see what happens.

HoldYourHorses.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

There is hours before the first lynch, why are people so concerned with naming people this early?

Its an easy way to cause fights.

Player one asks player two to name who they'd vote for.

Player two picks player three

Player three gets upset and attacks player two. Player one gets to fall back into the shadows and watch the carnage unfold.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I don't remember a BG ever being able to protect against a lynch tbh. Would be incredibly overpowered.

Agreed I’m just going on the wording given

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I'd say more Steve jobs

I did get a giggle from this one. Although I do think in the interest of the game you should post normally other than just gifs

Henry, Back to your earlier post to Derry about if you had to vote right now who would you go for? I like the low poster strategy however not going to get hung up on it throughout the day. See where we are at 7 or so then make a call. If anyone had to vote right now you'd presume it'd be for a low poster.

I would just like to know his thoughts.... ask questions, see what answers are given now

Liam WW wrote: »

Player three gets upset and attacks player two. Player one gets to fall back into the shadows and watch the carnage unfold.

Yeah essentially what I think was happening there tbh.

Steve WW wrote: »
    The game is unfolding as we speak, with the mods giving us more and more info. hold on there friend. Your strategy wont be a bad one later, but lets see what happens.

Oh I'm not panicked or rash about this. The strategy has certainly become a talking point which was the overall aim.

As I said it's not targeting anyone specifically right now. The reactions from some are intriguing though... protecting someone or....? Who knows.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Exactly and this is the kind of thing we need to watch for. No kills so far means we don’t have anything concrete to start working with. Best strategy for now is to watch who tries to be the puppeteer- not rattling cages, that’s fine, look for who’s trying to get others to rattle those cages for them, or who eagerly supports it then just melts away

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Yea I get that but all it does is detract from what we are trying to do - identify baddies.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I'm here. I've had one hour of sleep.

I'm raring to go :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As Doc sped off to find his parents, Marty knew that numbers would be key, he sprinted off to find the homes of Biff's buddies, to try talk sense into them before they were irredeemable.

Biff didn't care for his own underlings and decided to spend his time in the past training himself up, knowing he would have to be the master of his own destiny.

A player has joined the village side.

This betrayal has angered Biff greatly and he grows more vengeful, Biff has gained a power.

I just wanna get Derry talking a bit,

See his strategy of going after low posters conveniently leaves him out of that scope.

Wolves arent exclusive to low posters. More likely yes, exclusive hardly.

For all I know Derry is wolf and his wolf buddies are above his 10 post threshold.

Yea I get that but all it does is detract from what we are trying to do - identify baddies.

Well, yeah. That's the point of the strategy....

I just wanna get Derry talking a bit,

See his strategy of going after low posters conveniently leaves him out of that scope.

Wolves arent exclusive to low posters. More likely yes, exclusive hardly.

For all I know Derry is wolf and his wolf buddies are above his 10 post threshold.

Ah yes, the old - he wants to lynch low posters, he must be a wolf argument.

Hence the strategy being...

Lynch low

Peek high.

Didn't leave myself out there did I? (Realising that Biff is unpeekable of course so seer checks need to be dealt with some scrutiny as well sadly)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Jaesus, Biff seems like some chump, hope I don’t get recruited to that team!

tumblr_m9ojhu8bRf1qhycu9o4_250.gif

Ah yes, the old - he wants to lynch low posters, he must be a wolf argument.

Hence the strategy being...

Lynch low

Peek high.

Didn't leave myself out there did I? (Realising that Biff is unpeekable of course so seer checks need to be dealt with some scrutiny as well sadly)

Unless your Biff and confident of seer checkage

Unless your Biff and confident of seer checkage

Not Biff but yes that's a possibility. There's also 25 other players who could be Biff. Why so obsessive over me this early? Is it cos I'm gorgeous?

Not Biff but yes that's a possibility. There's also 25 other players who could be Biff. Why so obsessive over me this early? Is it cos I'm gorgeous?

Obsessive..... we are only having a conversation. Dont flatter yourself.

Your the only one looking to be seer checked. Hence the Biff lean

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Are you also a milkman?

patmustard1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Loughc wrote: »
    As Doc sped off to find his parents, Marty knew that numbers would be key, he sprinted off to find the homes of Biff's buddies, to try talk sense into them before they were irredeemable.

Biff didn't care for his own underlings and decided to spend his time in the past training himself up, knowing he would have to be the master of his own destiny.

A player has joined the village side.

This betrayal has angered Biff greatly and he grows more vengeful, Biff has gained a power.

Well done Marty that's very impressive

Question is was it match that was swayed or was someone recruited fresh and instantly turned back

Oh right, I wasn't getting that. Is the suggestion Marty caught a wolf? That's genuinely awesome news.

Isla WW wrote: »
    Well done Marty that's very impressive

Question is was it match that was swayed or was someone recruited fresh and instantly turned back

Seems to be a good job alright. I wonder indeed. If the recruit knows anything about the evil team it would be an opportune moment to reveal them. Give them a good kicking whilst they are down.

Obsessive..... we are only having a conversation. Dont flatter yourself.

Your the only one looking to be seer checked. Hence the Biff lean

Never asked to be seer checked. Stop putting words in my mouth please and thanks.

Frank WW wrote: »
    I'm here. I've had one hour of sleep.

I'm raring to go :(

Key question

1*t2qSDTZPmxDGtxIHqLOjVg.gif

Phil WW wrote: »
    Seems to be a good job alright. I wonder indeed. If the recruit knows anything about the evil team it would be an opportune moment to reveal them. Give them a good kicking whilst they are down.

If he does, i imagine he or she wont be shy in telling the group

Key question

1*t2qSDTZPmxDGtxIHqLOjVg.gif

Hmm that didn't work for some reason

CarefulTepidGalapagosmockingbird-max-1mb.gif

If the wolf has turned good, and has any information whatsoever, would we be advised to ask him to come forward asap with that info? Presumably he'll be target numero uno now for the wolves next time they get a munch.

I doubt the person Marty blocked was an active wolf. That seems incredibly game-breaky if so. More likely it was a clever guess and stopped a conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

If he does, i imagine he or she wont be shy in telling the group

Well if it is a case that a wolf has been brought over to the village side and they know something then they might as well tell because the remaining wolves are probably going to munch them tomorrow anyway.

Advertisement