Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Ah yes, the old - he wants to lynch low posters, he must be a wolf argument.

Hence the strategy being...

Lynch low

Peek high.

Didn't leave myself out there did I? (Realising that Biff is unpeekable of course so seer checks need to be dealt with some scrutiny as well sadly)
    Never asked to be seer checked. Stop putting words in my mouth please and thanks.

You implied it above.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Oh right, I wasn't getting that. Is the suggestion Marty caught a wolf? That's genuinely awesome news.

Even I got that and I’m terrible at paying attention.

frADkMl.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I think when the mods said Biff was still searching that he probably didn’t know who his prospective team mates were.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    You implied it above.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There you go again. Pushing an agenda, you were stating I was leaving myself out of my strategy. I countered that I wasn't.

You are so super suss right now with your steering.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Well if it is a case that a wolf has been brought over to the village side and they know something then they might as well tell because the remaining wolves are probably going to munch them tomorrow anyway.

Yeah id have to agree there

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Good day to the village.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Somebody has to be the first to get serious. And your logic is awry there - a wolf wanting rule clarification would pose those questions in their back room.

I don't mean that it is specifically for the wolves to get their heads around the rules. I would assume that they can clarify rules in the backrooms. I meant it more from the point of view of a wolf attempting to hide in plain sight by trying to appear helpful to the village in clarifying the rules for everyone.

Any poster(s) too keen to dive into the serious business on the opening day always gets my attention.

Phil WW wrote: »
    I do requests too

NaivePastBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

Ah great stuff Phil.

♫You were working as a blacksmith in a wooden barn, that much is true♫

Who's overexcited? I'm proposing a strategy moving forward.

The reactions are incredibly interesting though.

I've read the thread but am having trouble here Derry, can you give me a brief description of your strategy? To me it seems like 'throw suspicion onto enough people, get everyone talking and/or on edge and see what happens'. That's fine to an extent to try to rattle the cages early on in the game, but will too much of it just make the village super paranoid and disrupt our progress?

Others are saying that you are defensive, I would have said inquisitive more than anything. That was last night when I made my first post. Now though, 'inquisitive' has evolved to 'intense', and if you keep going on the current trend Derry, you'll be waterboarding us soon!

If your strategy is to go after the low posters, well we better extend the gallows by a few yards tonight. There are quite a few low posters. Could be at least one wolf in there, sure. Are there one or two wolves among the low posters who didn't realise they had a task to complete for this morning?

I really don't know what to make of the lack of a lynch this morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Can I ask a dumb question...?

Does this 'converted' wolf now sever ties with the other wolves or is he now undercover in the wolf den?

If ties are severed then it's as good as a dead wolf, is it not?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There you go again. Pushing an agenda, you were stating I was leaving myself out of my strategy. I countered that I wasn't.

You are so super suss right now with your steering.

Im just Roy Walker-ing, saying what I see.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Good day to the village.

I've read the thread but am having trouble here Derry, can you give me a brief description of your strategy? To me it seems like 'throw suspicion onto enough people, get everyone talking and/or on edge and see what happens'. That's fine to an extent to try to rattle the cages early on in the game, but will too much of it just make the village super paranoid and disrupt our progress?

Others are saying that you are defensive, I would have said inquisitive more than anything. That was last night when I made my first post. Now though, 'inquisitive' has evolved to 'intense', and if you keep going on the current trend Derry, you'll be waterboarding us soon!

If your strategy is to go after the low posters, well we better extend the gallows by a few yards tonight. There are quite a few low posters. Could be at least one wolf in there, sure. Are there one or two wolves among the low posters who didn't realise they had a task to complete for this morning?

I really don't know what to make of the lack of a lynch this morning.

Sure.

We assess later today the lower posters, those who haven't posted above an agreed threshold.

We race them off and lynch one.

Seer peeks a high poster to cover that end of the spectrum, or of course if they have a gut feel that's fine too.

I would also be in favour of waterboarding low posters to get them to speak up, otherwise they're as much use as a bag of shít.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

If a converted wolf got changed back to a villager they might not necessarily know anything if the back rooms were all under character names. The wolves would be wise to keep their game names secret. But, if there was any hints gleamed from their time there then they should share.

I wonder can the wolves rerecuit one of their players though?

• Advertisement

Im just Roy Walker-ing, saying what I see.

No, you're steering.

First asking who I'd lynch right now.

Now implying I want to be seer-checked. You're on my suspect list now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Does this 'converted' wolf now sever ties with the other wolves or is he now undercover in the wolf den?

Presumably the wolves knew this was a possibility so did not share actual names with each other. Maybe didn't even share strategies. But the remaining wolves should be targeting the now-good one now.

IF that's what happened.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Presumably the wolves knew this was a possibility so did not share actual names with each other. Maybe didn't even share strategies. But the remaining wolves should be targeting the now-good one now.

IF that's what happened.

Again I don't agree this is a possibility. Converting wolves to goodies is a potential game-breaking mechanic.

I think it was a sleeper wolf or perhaps Marty blocked the conversion by guessing correctly.

Is there any use to the seer this game? Apart from Biff coming up good, if players are going to be changing teams throughout the game then what would be a correct peek one minute could be wrong the next.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Again I don't agree this is a possibility. Converting wolves to goodies is a potential game-breaking mechanic.

I think it was a sleeper wolf or perhaps Marty blocked the conversion by guessing correctly.

Its pretty clear in the OP that conversions (although which way is not stated) is possible, so its likely a wolf was converted to the village, but they never shared who was who with each other

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Presumably Biff like Marty got additional people by going back in time however one wasn't activated or Marty blocked one. If that's the case the convert wouldn't have or had access to the wolf den. That's my hypothesis but if there is a former wolf with some knowledge then give us some info please

Frank WW wrote: »
    Its pretty clear in the OP that conversions (although which way is not stated) is possible, so its likely a wolf was converted to the village, but they never shared who was who with each other

Nope, not accepting that. No way wolves in a backroom get converted to good. Doesn't matter if they don't share names, they know too much about secret stuff etc.

Sleeper wolf or a great guess by Marty to block conversion imo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Loughc wrote: »
    As Doc sped off to find his parents, Marty knew that numbers would be key, he sprinted off to find the homes of Biff's buddies, to try talk sense into them before they were irredeemable.

Biff didn't care for his own underlings and decided to spend his time in the past training himself up, knowing he would have to be the master of his own destiny.

A player has joined the village side.

This betrayal has angered Biff greatly and he grows more vengeful, Biff has gained a power.

Interesting. This would seem to be what was meant when the op talked about Marty being able to sway players

I'm voting Steve for lynch unless the crappy text as pictures stops. Apart from anything else we can't go back and search for specific text that way so seems game-breaky to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Frank WW wrote: »

There is only two wolves in the OP though, so converting one of those at this point would be almost game over. Or have i read that wrong? Im all for positivity but i think that's a stretch

• Advertisement

No, you're steering.

First asking who I'd lynch right now.

Now implying I want to be seer-checked. You're on my suspect list now.

So I am suspect because I asked you who you'd lynch right now.

Allow me to explain young obviously rattled Derry, you sire propsed to lynch low and peek high.

Its a flawed strat on day one, as I already pointed out, as many roled goodies my be in the low post count and considering at 1030am half our village is in there. Based on that "plan" of yours, it lead me to wonder whom you suspect or would lynch if things stayed the same.

With you being in high posters, you ahve implied you'd be in agroup you would liek to peek. Maybe your good, possible, maybe your Biff who will be good when seer checked. all possible. Im keeping an open mind as should we all, whats wrong with that.

You seem quick to accuse me from what...... pointing out holes in your plan and pointing out posts you yourself wrote. Im not steering, Im just drawing some conculsions from our interaction.

The odds of a great guess would be very high though right? It would be some lucky shot in the dark

I doubt the person Marty blocked was an active wolf. That seems incredibly game-breaky if so. More likely it was a clever guess and stopped a conversion.

This would seem most likely. It’s possible that there’s some sort of task or guess for Marty to block the conversion.

So I am suspect because I asked you who you'd lynch right now.

Allow me to explain young obviously rattled Derry, you sire propsed to lynch low and peek high.

Its a flawed strat on day one, as I already pointed out, as many roled goodies my be in the low post count and considering at 1030am half our village is in there. Based on that "plan" of yours, it lead me to wonder whom you suspect or would lynch if things stayed the same.

With you being in high posters, you ahve implied you'd be in agroup you would liek to peek. Maybe your good, possible, maybe your Biff who will be good when seer checked. all possible. Im keeping an open mind as should we all, whats wrong with that.

You seem quick to accuse me from what...... pointing out holes in your plan and pointing out posts you yourself wrote. Im not steering, Im just drawing some conculsions from our interaction.

Point out where I named who I wanted to lynch as part of the strategy BEFORE you asked me. All I see is arguments against and no plan of action.

'But it's day 1, wa-wa-wa it's too early....'

Bullshít. We need to get organised and work together instead of all this stupid infighting. Ask questions yes, but stop twisting my words to suit your narrative please and we'll get along nicely.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Interesting. This would seem to be what was meant when the op talked about Marty being able to sway players

I would perhaps think some palyers are in some sort of limbo, with Marty and Biff being able to recuit them on succesful compeltion of tasks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Mods any chance the OP can be updated for all new roles to keep them all in one place?

The odds of a great guess would be very high though right? It would be some lucky shot in the dark

Sure, there's stuff we don't know about though so Marty may have more info than the rest of us mere mortals.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Nope, not accepting that. No way wolves in a backroom get converted to good. Doesn't matter if they don't share names, they know too much about secret stuff etc.

Id be on the sleeper wolf side of things too. It would be far too advantageous/powerful to be able to convert a full on wolfie

Yeah pretty much, only downside is biff gets a new unknown power apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much, only downside is biff gets a new unknown power apparently.

I'm gonna assume that getting the new power is a trade off for loosing a potential wolf and that ties with wolves are severed.

Advertisement