Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Anyways, who are the no posters thus far? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Haven't heard a whole pile from Katie or Doris IIRC

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    This would seem most likely. It’s possible that there’s some sort of task or guess for Marty to block the conversion.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    I would perhaps think some palyers are in some sort of limbo, with Marty and Biff being able to recuit them on succesful compeltion of tasks.

The thing is, though, that the message was that Biff felt "betrayed" by whoever had sided with Team Village. A betrayal, to me, would suggest it was someone he trusted and had flipped sides, not a recruitment he hadn't managed yet and got blocked.

"Betrayed", to me, sounds like one of Team Biff flipped over, and thus has info to give out?

Also, as far as being "game breaking", it also said Biff got a new power, which potentially would have been the attempt to counterbalance that problem. We don't know what that power is, but its not beyond the realms of possibility that the new power is specifically designed to protect Biff and whatever friends he has left; be that a new recruitment, mind control, the ability to shift a lynch result slightly, etc

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Wow, this game moves fast, and I type slow. Just saw news of Marty's successful dash to the past after I submitted my last post. Seems like we've had a good start in the village so far.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Sure.

We assess later today the lower posters, those who haven't posted above an agreed threshold.

We race them off and lynch one.

Seer peeks a high poster to cover that end of the spectrum, or of course if they have a gut feel that's fine too.

I would also be in favour of waterboarding low posters to get them to speak up, otherwise they're as much use as a bag of shít.

Right, hopefully we can refine that strategy over the course of the day and put a bit more meat on any suspicions. Deciding to lynch a low poster so early in the day gives the louder ones (who are wolves) a handy stroll through the rest of the day.

However, we've little else to go on at the moment. Well, I could rack up some trumped-up charges, but I need a bit more from those couple of suspicious posters before I get to the point of bringing names into it.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Wow, this game moves fast, and I type slow. Just saw news of Marty's successful dash to the past after I submitted my last post. Seems like we've had a good start in the village so far.

Right, hopefully we can refine that strategy over the course of the day and put a bit more meat on any suspicions. Deciding to lynch a low poster so early in the day gives the louder ones (who are wolves) a handy stroll through the rest of the day.

However, we've little else to go on at the moment. Well, I could rack up some trumped-up charges, but I need a bit more from those couple of suspicious posters before I get to the point of bringing names into it.

Yep, and the reactions of those against the lynching low posters should also be scrutinised.

I was never suggesting lynching based off NOW. That makes 0 sense. But with very little else to go on from my point of view, it's the best way forward in my eyes.

Unless you count me and Henry shouting at each other.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Yep, and the reactions of those against the lynching low posters should also be scrutinised.

Yeah Lynch me for pointing out the obvious flaw in your half baked plan.

So according to you we should lynch half players and then those who disagree with your plan

So lynch everyone Derry, lynch us all. Lets all live in Derryland.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

So is the current view that we wait until later and then race two low count posters?

Yeah Lynch me for pointing out the obvious flaw in your half baked plan.

So according to you we should lynch half players and then those who disagree with your plan

So lynch everyone Derry, lynch us all. Lets all live in Derryland.

You're so het up that I'm chasing you down. You weren't the only one to react to the strategy you know.

And yeah, anyone except me is a good lynch at the moment in my view. I know I'm good. Others...not so much.

Welcome to Derryland, biatch. Population, all of you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I was never suggesting lynching based off NOW. That makes 0 sense. But with very little else to go on from my point of view, it's the best way forward in my eyes.

In all seriousness, climb off your low poster vendetta until 6, then lets assess things then. Lets go back to your idea then if we dont ahve anything solid by then? Agreed.

We have 6 hours until 6pm, lets see what happens.......... agreed?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Yea there is no harm in talking about the low posters, by all right it should get them out of hibernation and talking which gives us better information which helps the village in the long run

In all seriousness, climb off your low poster vendetta until 6, then lets assess things then. Lets go back to your idea then if we dont ahve anything solid by then? Agreed.

Not letting the low poster thing go at all but I'm not even suggesting names for a lynch until that time anyways!

Once more, with feeling -

Death to the low posters!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Not letting the low poster thing go at all but I'm not even suggesting names for a lynch until that time anyways!

Once more, with feeling -

Death to the low posters!

giphy.gif

You are a brave man throwing up a gif of lads with guns and orange tops, with a name like Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Yea there is no harm in talking about the low posters, by all right it should get them out of hibernation and talking which gives us better information which helps the village in the long run

There are a few reasons as to why certain posters have barely posted so far.

I think theres a balance to be found between talking about them, and hopefully their responses, and automatically putting 2 against each other this evening

Ok than, what do you want to talk about till 6 then? At least Derry's scheme, such as it is, has drawn a few lower posters out even if its for fluff

Can I also point something out from the OP.

"Assassin - Role randomised between all players before start, can be any player good or bad. If this player is lynched, the player who put the last vote on them will also die. "

Will be interesting to see if the SK tries to manipulate some people into delaying their votes in the hopes of catching specific posters out. Also will discourage late vote changes, I guess?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

What we need is:

giphy.gif

Liam WW wrote: »
    Ok than, what do you want to talk about till 6 then? At least Derry's scheme, such as it is, has drawn a few lower posters out even if its for fluff

"Assassin - Role randomised between all players before start, can be any player good or bad. If this player is lynched, the player who put the last vote on them will also die. "

Will be interesting to see if the SK tries to manipulate some people into delaying their votes in the hopes of catching specific posters out. Also will discourage late vote changes, I guess?

The way to counter the assassin is simples. NRVs should vote as close to 9pm as possible to avoid losing roled players.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Holly WW wrote: »

I think theres a balance to be found between talking about them, and hopefully their responses, and automatically putting 2 against each other this evening

^^^^this! Let’s see how the morning progresses. We have some strategy options on the table, we can select, discard or tune them this afternoon/ evening

It would seem that we have a choice between picking a low poster to kill off tonight, or doing an FFA? The two approaches would seem to be contradictory.

However, i will put forward that the info gained during an FFA, while maybe not super helpful tonight, is very very useful in the longer run for vote analysis and bandwagon analysis.

Holly WW wrote: »

^^^^this! Let’s see how the morning progresses. We have some strategy options on the table, we can select, discard or tune them this afternoon/ evening

Grand so, what do we want to discuss now then?

Steve WW wrote: »
    It would seem that we have a choice between picking a low poster to kill off tonight, or doing an FFA? The two approaches would seem to be contradictory.

However, i will put forward that the info gained during an FFA, while maybe not super helpful tonight, is very very useful in the longer run for vote analysis and bandwagon analysis.

Oh we should definitely do FFA anyways. We can still use that data regardless of low poster being lynched.

Too early for it yet though. I want more people getting involved.

And the reason I say that is cos Day 1 FFAs are usually full of bullplop reasons

• Advertisement

Oh we should definitely do FFA anyways. We can still use that data regardless of low poster being lynched.

Too early for it yet though. I want more people getting involved.

I am on board with that muchacho.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I'm just trying to make sense of this morning's game actions...

Are we assuming that there was no munch this morning and there was no task completed in-thread by the wolves? Now we're wondering what the implications of Marty's actions are and how he managed to do it. Is there any way that those two events could be tied together? The second could be an effect of the first?

What if there was an attempted kill this morning; LoughC has since said 'no kill', but he didn't say that there wasn't an attempt at one.

In that case, let's say the wolves by pure chance chose to munch the player who is Marty. What if Marty has protection against one kill attempt as a special power? Not only that, but the kill attempt triggers a conversion for Marty and the village? Biff feeling a 'betrayal' alludes to a conversion.

But in that case, Marty (and the village) would be too powerful, wouldn't they? That depends on what this special power of Biff's turns out to be.

I may be way off here, just trying to figure out what happened in the last few hours.

Well look, let's keep it out there in the meantime and see what the low posters (including myself) have to contribute and say for themselves between now and voting time.

You never know, yourself and Henry's debate could provide a nugget or two. At the least, it's pushing up the thread post-count :pac:

Liam WW wrote: »

It’s an interesting one. Odds are still with a goodie getting it and even if they don’t the wolves and SK won’t know if the other has it. It may influence how wagons play out and also lends itself to a claim fairly easily. For the moment however I wouldn’t get too stressed on this one, don’t make it a distraction

Mods can you confirm if the assassin actually knows they’re the assassin

So.....vote early?

The way to counter the assassin is simples. NRVs should vote as close to 9pm as possible to avoid losing roled players.

Nope if we actually agree that strategy it becomes easier for wolves to identify who has a role. There may be value however in a player volunteering themselves however. Let’s discuss as part of strategy but not get too hung up on this

Steve WW wrote: »
    So.....vote early?

Nah one or two NRVs should take it upon themselves to vote at 8.59pm. That counteracts the possibility of losing a roled goodie to an assassin.

The wolves WILL be voting early however to avoid the assassin... so lynch results will be important.

Nope if we actually agree that strategy it becomes easier for wolves to identify who has a role. There may be value however in a player volunteering themselves however. Let’s discuss as part of strategy but not get too hung up on this
    Nah one or two NRVs should take it upon themselves to vote at 8.59pm. That counteracts the possibility of losing a roled goodie to an assassin.

The wolves WILL be voting early however to avoid the assassin... so lynch results will be important.

Eva see my plan fleshed out a little.

Assassin could also be an issue for the wolves.

Agreed we shouldn't get too worried about it though.

C9rmAdL.gif

How do we organise that though? Like if we dont specify who does it, all the NRVs might do it.

• Advertisement

Ok and I'll put myself forward as the sacrificial lamb. Will vote at 8.59pm each night.

Advertisement