Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Not sure.

Not sure either if we're gonna combine our peek/interrogations from now on, based on the assumption hat Frank is Biff.

Thoughts?

Is there any benefit to not combining the powers? The combo was to block Biff, and as far as we know, there's no other baddie that needs to be blocked. At this stage, I suppose it gives you 100% certainty that there's no funny business going on.

Just in case, for instance, Frank isn't Biff but was just protected by Biff. I've had a dream where the protection power could be used on any baddie. So maybe keep the combo going for as long as possible. I'd hate to get sloppy and "clear" an NRV because you didn't combo him.

Mind, with the SK team gone, you can probably make the decision sooner, rather than waiting till a minute before the deadline?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Well I think Liam is right that I'm going to be a distraction going into end game so I am demanding to be peeked :P

You can interrogate if you like, I personally don't think there's any need to combine any more tbh.

So Connor, if, for instance, Derry was Biff and used his power to protect Frank, the idea he outlines here would be the absolute perfect scenario for him. Peek but not interrogated, returns as NRV. Keeps the distraction alive....

(Derry, if you're good, then I never doubted you for a second....)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I find it interesting that since last peek the following have requested to be peeked:

Derry
    Abigail
    Desmond

In fact, Abigail and Desmond practically had a row over who to be peeked first.

And the following have NOT requested a peek:

Frank
    Holly

Just pointing it out. I'm not sure what it tells us. A wolf could easily be brash enough to bluff requesting a peek. A genuine villager might not want a peek wasted on them.

I'd imagine Frank has accepted his fate tbh. Afaik, he never tried to back up his cover story after the unsuccessful shooting. He got caught and seemed to vanish.

Holly moves higher on my list of suspects by the day. Her voting patterns felt the most pattern-y of the unknowns.

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to not combining the powers?

The only benefit I can think of is that we spread our powers, get two players instead of one. Henry gets to peek one, and I get to block and question another.
    The combo was to block Biff, and as far as we know, there's no other baddie that needs to be blocked. At this stage, I suppose it gives you 100% certainty that there's no funny business going on.

Just in case, for instance, Frank isn't Biff but was just protected by Biff. I've had a dream where the protection power could be used on any baddie. So maybe keep the combo going for as long as possible. I'd hate to get sloppy and "clear" an NRV because you didn't combo him.

Mind, with the SK team gone, you can probably make the decision sooner, rather than waiting till a minute before the deadline?

I agree with the rest of your post though. And my greatest power is in the blocking of someone, as I'm not altogether great with the questioning (had both you and Phil as baddies until Henry said no :)). It's certainly a relief to get Henry's go-ahead that I've a NRV in with me, because we can then be honest and share ideas, and I know that any suggestions they make, even if they're crap, are for the benefit of the village and not trying to manipulate me, and we get to knock ideas off each other.
    So Connor, if, for instance, Derry was Biff and used his power to protect Frank, the idea he outlines here would be the absolute perfect scenario for him. Peek but not interrogated, returns as NRV. Keeps the distraction alive....

I absolutely had the same in mind reading that! :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Jesus H. Christ just quit with the paranoia ffs

Peek me or lynch me next. Idc which tbh.

Jesus H. Christ just quit with the paranoia ffs

Peek me or lynch me next. Idc which tbh.

Werewolf is a game of paranoia.

Course we're not gonna lynch you next.

Pick your toys out of your pram there, like a good boy.

Werewolf is a game of paranoia.

Course we're not gonna lynch you next.

Pick your toys out of your pram there, like a good boy.

My last two posts

re: Nigel and re: being peeked are being scrutinised like I've wolf-slipped or something.

As Liam outlined, peeking me removes an endgame strategy for the wolves which is a good thing.

And Frank is Biff, I am certain hence why I don't think interrogation/peek combo is necessary.

And Frank is Biff, I am certain hence why I don't think interrogation/peek combo is necessary.

So how would you use the interrogation then? What is its main strength if not to utterly remove doubt about NRVs at this point?

Cause if your peeked without an interrogation, and show back up as NRV, then to be blunt, it's a waste of a peek as that will still be used in the end-game to cause a doubt.

• Advertisement

So how would you use the interrogation then? What is its main strength if not to utterly remove doubt about NRVs at this point?

Cause if your peeked without an interrogation, and show back up as NRV, then to be blunt, it's a waste of a peek as that will still be used in the end-game to cause a doubt.

Personally I'd jam Desmond or Holly up in interrogation (leaning Holly at the moment I think) and try to block a kill.

Just my two cents fwiw.

Doesn't have to be the minute before any more, you're right. But also, giving a potential wolf too much notice probably isn't such a good idea. Though they've probably discussed already what to do when invited and already have a good idea. Still, if Henry agrees to continue to combine our powers, then in the last five or ten minutes before lynch that should be fine. I do have a door-stop order in already, so no chance of not getting anybody for interrogation at least.

Personally I'd jam Desmond or Holly up in interrogation (leaning Holly at the moment I think) and try to block a kill.

Just my two cents fwiw.

And the reason I say that is because I know I am NRV and want to win this game for the village.

But if you have to be sure interrogate me and peek me, I don't mind but you won't prevent a kill that way.

You make the sandwiches Conor, I'm bringing the whiskey

eefe9a2dc65fdebd98c6cbc964df44fc.jpg

Though they've probably discussed already what to do when invited and already have a good idea.

I have to admit, in your shoes, I wouldn't believe a word anyone says :P

Ok given the state of play I'm still voting at 12.59pm unless another unknown volunteers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I'm voting Frank anyway. I think the best way forward is to peek and interrogate Derry. As others have said he's the wolves best asset. Either he's a wolf and getting partially cleared or he's a villager that plenty suspect.

I'd say one of those who hasn't asked to be peeked is not a wolf anyway.

FWIW, I'd also tend to lean towards a peek/interrogation of Derry.

Leave the ultimate decision to Henry though.

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm voting Frank anyway. I think the best way forward is to peek and interrogate Derry. As others have said he's the wolves best asset. Either he's a wolf and getting partially cleared or he's a villager that plenty suspect.

I'd say one of those who hasn't asked to be peeked is not a wolf anyway.

6209edaf65affc9bb352bb62cdcf06cc--peyton-sawyer-style-peyton-sawyer-quotes.jpg?strip=all&smooth=-15&contrast=10

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I don't think the interrogation is particularly useful when not in conjunction with the peek. Sure I had Conor thinking I was evil at one stage in there I reckon.

One Tree Hill was AMAZING for first 4 seasons btw.

After that... :(

• Advertisement

I don't think the interrogation is particularly useful when not in conjunction with the peek. Sure I had Conor thinking I was evil at one stage in there I reckon.

Agree. Interrogation for spotting a wolf isn't that great. Interrogation for blocking a power has its uses! I repeat:
    I agree with the rest of your post though. And my greatest power is in the blocking of someone, as I'm not altogether great with the questioning (had both you and Phil as baddies until Henry said no :)). It's certainly a relief to get Henry's go-ahead that I've a NRV in with me, because we can then be honest and share ideas, and I know that any suggestions they make, even if they're crap, are for the benefit of the village and not trying to manipulate me, and we get to knock ideas off each other.

One Tree Hill was AMAZING for first 4 seasons btw.

After that... :(

M..kay!

M..kay!

You know like One Tree Hill? :(

Never seen it.

In the early game, it could have been used to relay info through Connor, if he had brought in a priest or a seer, for example. Admittedly, someone could have lied, but even that would have been handy to catch out inconsistencies latter in the game.

At this point, I feel its strongest asset is that we make sure Biff isn't hiding still by blocking the NRV power.

Nothing from Desmond since the early hours too.

Unlike Holly, he hadn't mentioned about being afk today.

Hiding? Unexpectedly afk?

Never seen it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

WHAT?

How? With this guy on board...

giphy.gif

Or this guy...

latest?cb=20140121101008

And then there's the women...

9237a9c0-062a-44c3-9600-8e29cf821432_560_420.jpg

Best looking cast in the history of TV bar none.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Good day to you village, if not a good morning. RIP Isla.

I was fully expecting to see another failed munch, but they hadn't the guts to go for Henry it seems. (Hope the head isn't too heavy today btw Doc, the Captain will do that do that to ya though :o)

I'll throw in my vote for Frank now. It has to be done, but it feels a little anti-climatic. It would have been nice to get some interaction out of him.

However, the writing is on the wall there. One of the last times we saw him, he claimed Linda McFly who Henry had already confirmed to be Brendan.

Disinterested/inactive player to have missed that revelation, but still there is no excuse to make a false role claim at that stage unless you are wolf. Another definite wolf to the gallows today to start with.

So, 4 confirmed (or as good as) wolves and SKs gone - Angus, Nigel, Gertrude, soon to be Frank, am I missing anyone there? The 2nd SK is unknown, but if it was Gertrude well then we've up to 3 wolves remaining after Frank.

Have to be on the money with our interro-peaks™ today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I’m back in the land of the living - too much drink last night!!

Derry I was down for today’s 12.59 vote, you wanna take the 5.59 one?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Conor..... who do you want peeked.

I may not go with your choice, but id like to know

Im thinking Holly

I think we should keep choosing the same person in case frank aint Biff

Advertisement