Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ok no one else volunteer please.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Step back there Derry. You are waaaaaay too eager to do everything.

But anyway, lets keep you around so you can give the low posters a kick up the bum when needed in the days to come.

Ill vote late.

No more volunteers please!!!

Derry WW wrote: »

Who elected you the decider?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Ok no one else volunteer please.

You volunteered after someone else did. No harm having two I suppose, in case one can't make it.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Who elected you the decider?

No one but too many volunteers lowers the pool for wolves to role hunt. Three is plenty.

Phil WW wrote: »
    You volunteered after someone else did. No harm having two I suppose, in case one can't make it.

Liam and I cross posted actually :o:o

Steve WW wrote: »
    So.....vote early?

And often ;)

vote-early-and-vote-often-democrat-cheat-vote-fraud-political-poster-1288380455_thumb%25255B8%25255D.gif?imgmax=800

Liam and I cross posted actually :o:o

Ah yes, I see the times now.

And the reason I say that is cos Day 1 FFAs are usually full of bullplop reasons

You could just lash three non/low posters in an FFA Derry. That would be in keeping with your stance.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Sure who's to say we are all voting for the same player, if it's across 3 or 4 different people it'll be dodgy regardless of one volunteer, I'm all for it but it also gives the volunteer an opportunity to bandwagon each vote aswell (in aid of team village apparently)

Phil WW wrote: »
    You could just lash three non/low posters in an FFA Derry. That would be in keeping with your stance.

:D:D

Possibly... There's so many at the moment though so hopefully that clears up later today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Did we need volenteers openly stating as such on thread, surely all NRVs should just post as late as possible and not openly out themselves as NRVs.... thats if they are NRvs and not wolves

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Sure who's to say we are all voting for the same player, if it's across 3 or 4 different people it'll be dodgy regardless of one volunteer, I'm all for it but it also gives the volunteer an opportunity to bandwagon each vote aswell (in aid of team village apparently)

Good point.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Did we need volenteers openly stating as such on thread, surely all NRVs should just post as late as possible and not openly out themselves as NRVs.... thats if they are NRvs and not wolves

But then the wolves could look at whomever voted first and reasonably guess that was a roled goodie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

If the assassin is a goodie what are the benefits to staying hidden?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Eva see my plan fleshed out a little.

Assassin could also be an issue for the wolves.

Agreed we shouldn't get too worried about it though.

Agree with most of the above. That said we don’t want to effectively protect the wolves from the assassin with a guaranteed nrv vote at 8:59- better to force them to play our game. Decisions decisions, lots to decide this afternoon

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Grand so, what do we want to discuss now then?

Id be in favour of discussing the low posters and hearing their responses but thats as far as i would go for the moment

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Relax, it's better to lose an NRV to the assassin if necessary than a roled player.

We need to watch the votes, wolves will be voting earlier to avoid the same assassin.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

The way to counter the assassin is simples. NRVs should vote as close to 9pm as possible to avoid losing roled players.

Would that strategy not give the wolves a way to identify non NRVs.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Protagonist - MARTY MCFLY - Loves nothing more than skateboarding, play guitar, and his sweetheart Jennifer, that's when he is not setting fire to living room rugs. Marty will have the power to sway wolves back from the dark side, but Biff also has tricks up his sleeves...

Alpha wolf - BIFF TANNEN - Has had enough of everyone around him and has an Evil Empire on his mind. Peeks as good to all seer checks.

Wolf - MATCH - Joins Biff on his quest to found his Evil Empire.

To me, there was the alpha and the match. I think that its possible that Biff chooses his team or something like that and maybe each prospective candidate gets asked if they want to join or not. Just from the Marty bit.

I don't think that they are in a backroom together, I would have thought that only the two above would be until they have recruits. I would also say a recruit only arrives in the backroom once they have not been swayed back to the good side.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Would that strategy not give the wolves a way to identify non NRVs.

Keep up Brendan dear. I fleshed it out further on in the thread.

This strategy would have worked if people had of just done it opposed stating it on thread.

Also if all NRVs vote late it'll become obvious after 2-3 lynches who the roled player(s) are

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Nope, not accepting that. No way wolves in a backroom get converted to good. Doesn't matter if they don't share names, they know too much about secret stuff etc.

Sleeper wolf or a great guess by Marty to block conversion imo.

Don't know about this secret stuff tbh, at this point if it was an actual wolf converted the only info they should have would be on the task. In which case we should have a villager putting themselves forward as cannon fodder to share that info with us. Which we don't have yet. so you may well be right on a blocked conversion

Relax, it's better to lose an NRV to the assassin if necessary than a roled player.

We need to watch the votes, wolves will be voting earlier to avoid the same assassin.

I didn't dispute that, I did point out a couple of flaws in said plan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Nope, covered this earlier. If Nrc’s do that the wolves can quickly hone the list of roles players. Remember they already know more roles than the rest of us (I.e. themselves) so their list is smaller to begin with

Isla WW wrote: »
    If the assassin is a goodie what are the benefits to staying hidden?

There's an assumption there that the assassin knows they are the assassin.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Protagonist - MARTY MCFLY - Loves nothing more than skateboarding, play guitar, and his sweetheart Jennifer, that's when he is not setting fire to living room rugs. Marty will have the power to sway wolves back from the dark side, but Biff also has tricks up his sleeves...

Alpha wolf - BIFF TANNEN - Has had enough of everyone around him and has an Evil Empire on his mind. Peeks as good to all seer checks.

Wolf - MATCH - Joins Biff on his quest to found his Evil Empire.

To me, there was the alpha and the match. I think that its possible that Biff chooses his team or something like that and maybe each prospective candidate gets asked if they want to join or not. Just from the Marty bit.

I don't think that they are in a backroom together, I would have thought that only the two above would be until they have recruits. I would also say a recruit only arrives in the backroom once they have not been swayed back to the good side.

FYI, Match is the name of one of Biffs henchmen back in 1955, iirc from the source material, which i do, because i googled it.

He was called that because he chewed on a match.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

So will roled goodies though

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Nope, covered this earlier. If Nrc’s do that the wolves can quickly hone the list of roles players. Remember they already know more roles than the rest of us (I.e. themselves) so their list is smaller to begin with

I think the risk of losing a roled player via the assassin is not big enough to offset the risk of outing multiple roled players via voting patterns. Thus on further reflection I'd be tempted to completely ignore the assassin, so as not to out roled players ourselves. I'd rather lose one roled player than give wolves a lot of information to work with.

Advertisement