Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Any change?

Yeah. In now, thanks.

Hey, what happened the Mayor?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Loughc wrote: »
    I miss ye all already.

Derry, Nigel and Henry ye guys had me in stitches.

So when is WW25? Can’t wait! :D

Aim to please. Never apologising for shooting Pter btw. Never.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

quickbeam wrote: »
    Hey, what happened the Mayor?

Got munched before he had a chance to use his power :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Necrominus wrote: »
    Aim to please. Never apologising for shooting Pter btw. Never.

You are insufferable on day 1.

You nearly convinced everyone to lynch the seer because of your pride.

Desmond brought us back together. I won you over by making Gerty and Nigel look wolvey

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Loved that people bought into the alamanac.

So much fun being able to try a few crazy ideas

Loved the game mods. I feel like I say this everygame but it was the best yet.

My plan as the seer was to lay low on day 1. I couldnt help but argue with Derry.

Lads that was a fantastically well crafted and entertaining game so cheers for all the hard work put in.

On a side note anyone seen Barbra?

Barbra..............

What happened when Clodagh died actually? What was the balance thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Henry WW wrote: »

You nearly convinced everyone to lynch the seer because of your pride.

Desmond brought us back together. I won you over by making Gerty and Nigel look wolvey

I’m glad I could bring ye back together.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

I said this in the backroom but in case no-one there sees it

[on the assassin role]

I didnt really know what to do with it - It was a hail mary if things went tits up - but not knowing if I was good or bad for most of the game was a bit hard to deal with.

I probably could have dealt with it better but im still really figuring out the game. But waiting on a pm that never came was odd, I suppose I should have asked but not sure if even then id have gotten an answer. It seemed like a backup plan for the mods if anything happened in fairness, which left me not knowing what to do.

At least if I was confirmed good or bad I could have then pressed on in that direction.

Near the end I just presumed NRV with a role. but im wondering what I could have done with the role to help? Any ideas? any suggestions on my play going forward - I only have 1 game [2 now] behind me - the speed game was a disaster - my work hrs did'nt agree with it so it cant be considered a played game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Abigail WW wrote: »
    I said this in the backroom but in case no-one there sees it

[on the assassin role]

I didnt really know what to do with it - It was a hail mary if things went tits up - but not knowing if I was good or bad for most of the game was a bit hard to deal with.

I probably could have dealt with it better but im still really figuring out the game. But waiting on a pm that never came was odd, I suppose I should have asked but not sure if even then id have gotten an answer. It seemed like a backup plan for the mods if anything happened in fairness, which left me not knowing what to do.

At least if I was confirmed good or bad I could have then pressed on in that direction.

Near the end I just presumed NRV with a role. but im wondering what I could have done with the role to help? Any ideas? any suggestions on my play going forward - I only have 1 game [2 now] behind me - the speed game was a disaster - my work hrs did'nt agree with it so it cant be considered a played game!

yes, you were good, so, congrats, you won.
    what you could have done, when there was a list of confirmed goodies and a list of unconfirmed, you could have said, i'm the assasin, and good, (i know you said you didnt know, so that makes it awkward), and gotten another unconfirmed to vote last on you. the wolf would not do it, so you are taking out a goodie, but an unconfirmed one :D , but with two unconfirmed down, the chances for the confimred to win for the side of good is way better.

you played great. hope you play again.....

btw, so you know, all the goodies, includng brendan :( won.. yay.

a special thanks to the aprentices master :D i leanrt alot from you and followed your lead perfectly :D what master teaches, apprentice follows :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Yeah great game everyone btw - Well done mods - super stuff - dont think we will see an ending like that again :D

Villagers, for future ref, don't lynch a hard role claim, especially with two evil factions in play, they'll quickly remove them from the board, and the voting for the hard claim should identify evils. Unfortunately that didn't happen this time :(.

Your role claim was really cryptic what was your thought process on it all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Congrats Village on the win. It was a great ending to watch.
    Thanks to all the players for taking part and a big thanks to Lough and Digi, 2 fantastic modders and genuinely sound guys, was a pleasure.

After being on the mod team for the last 2 games, looking forward to player the next one. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Henry WW wrote:

Maybe not rail so hard against plans when no one else has them then ;)

Not listed among the list of characters by sKeitih. I think I read (I was sorta sleepy by that stage) in the DR that it was Fiona. What was she meant to be able to do?

sKeith wrote: »
    Villagers, for future ref, don't lynch a hard role claim, especially with two evil factions in play, they'll quickly remove them from the board, and the voting for the hard claim should identify evils. Unfortunately that didn't happen this time :(.

Sorry about that Brendan! :) I guess it was the manner of reveal. If you'd come out confident, like Gertrude did (her problem was the timing, but she'd a perfectly good post in there), it'd have been harder to risk lynching you. It was the teasing manner of it that made it sound like you were just a wolf trying to BS the villagers, and waste their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Well done village!

Mods that was brilliant and a great way to finish.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Not listed among the list of characters by sKeitih. I think I read (I was sorta sleepy by that stage) in the DR that it was Fiona. What was she meant to be able to do?

Yeah Fiona was the Mayor, had the power to overturn one lynch result, player in 2nd place would have been lynch instead. Unfortunately, the same day the role was revealed, Fiona was killed by the SK, so neveer had a chance to use it.

All jokes aside, thanks for the game again.

Will be my last till June to play here due to holidays etc. so at least I made it count :P

Expecting a bullet coming my way very early next time I step into the fold, but sure that's life.

To those I got killed... I'd like to apologise...

FOR ABSOLUTELY NUTHIN'

:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Actually special mention to SK who must have had a sixth sense as he was picking off roles goodies for fun at one stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well done village, no idea how you managed to pull that out of the bag after such a terrible start.
    If I ever get a gun, Mick is dead, even if he is the SEER :pac:

I have to say, dying at the beginning is so kak haha, I could not believe it when I saw that I had died. I was looking forward to the role, never been a priest before!

Great game mods, amazing to see we had no drama AT ALL this game. Which was fantastic. Nice thought out game with balance sorted out as soon as an issue appeared.

I think the Assasin gets the crown! Was she not still alive at the end?

Anyway, roll on the next one :D

Great game mods, amazing to see we had no drama AT ALL this game. Which was fantastic. Nice thought out game with balance sorted out as soon as an issue appeared.

Glad to see Derry's behaviour isn't viewed as drama

:o:o

Great to pass the 5000 post mark, and nearly 20% of them from Necro!

Kolido wrote: »
    Great to pass the 5000 post mark, and nearly 20% of them from Necro!

Still didn't beat my Star Trek record...:(

I pity the next person who gets the Derry account though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Necrominus wrote: »
    Still didn't beat my Star Trek record...:(

I pity the next person who gets the Derry account though

I hate derry.

• Advertisement

I hate derry.

:D:D:D

Still love you Vale:cool:

Advertisement