Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Thanks for the game mods great work.

Necro, if we ever meet. You're getting slapped with a glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Forgot to add, please reset your anon pw to the one we sent in the PMs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks for the game mods great work.

Necro, if we ever meet. You're getting slapped with a glove.

I'd prefer being buried in the snow tbh :pac:

sKeith wrote: »
    Villagers, for future ref, don't lynch a hard role claim, especially with two evil factions in play, they'll quickly remove them from the board, and the voting for the hard claim should identify evils. Unfortunately that didn't happen this time :(.

What do you mean hard role claim?

As a wolf this game, nyom nyom nyom...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »
    Forgot to add, please reset your anon pw to the one we sent in the PMs.

Never changed it tbh so you can have Derry back now...

Sorry about the stains :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Conor's password never changed. Should be good to go for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Will be doing the draw for the Codenames WC later today, if anyone wants to sign up, pop over to this sign up form, and post a message on the WC thread.

Thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057844259

Games can be arranged to suit your schedule, so anyone that wants to sign up, it should be fun without being too time demanding.

#shilllife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Doris wasn't changed either you can have her back

Steve is back as you gave him to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ewan is back to the original password guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Des is changed back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam never changed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Your role claim was really cryptic what was your thought process on it all

That was the cards i was dealt :(

I was an NRV and on reading the FFA results, 8-8-7 i said i'd try to get sker or munched instead of lynched, so at 17:23 i sent the post saying i would reveal later.
    I had no BR at this point (NRV)
    Then at 17:24, i recieved a pm from the mods saying that i was i have been awoken and that i am app priest.
    Did the mods really not announce the awakening of the apprentice priest, but did announce the dog?
    But username and password supplied didn't work, so I replied to pm saying username and password didn't work. but i was getting no response, so at 17:47 i said "the check your pm's" thing, i wanted to get into the BRs so I could get some evidence of my role.
    I eventually got into the site and the link provided was broken, so didn't lead me to the dead room, well, luckily, that wasn't a problem for me, so i get into the backrooms eventually, but.. they are bare. No roles of the dead, nothing that reveals to me the identity of the priest, nothing.
    There was complaints that Brendan shouldn't keep the knowledge back as people need time to process things. well, i had 0 time to process anything, I also had to drive home from work.

It wasn't cryptic, i was just dealt a bum hand and did the best i could.
    Everything i said was true, except calling somebody a wolf, for suggesting that they don't want any priests for the rest of the game.

To top it all off, Marty was doing a play to try and get his girl friend NRV'd and he didn't care about the app priest collateral.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well I’ve had a good read of the back rooms.

It was a fine read, especially the morning of the reveals of Gert and Henry. Very entertaining stuff, from triumph to heartbreak in a few moments. I really hope my smugness wasn’t causing you any real stress, it was all false confidence as I had no protection at all (except from the BG). I was just lucky to get both the photograph and the almanac and bluffed the Almanac to high heaven. Had a feeling Isla would protect me, but had no idea you would go for Isla the next munch.

Riona played a blinder, I really trusted her, out of all the unknowns left, she was last on my list to be honest. I went with Holly based off the lynch votes throughout the game.

Desmond, aka Kitten was a natural. Really to the game like a wolf to its prey.

Derry wrecked my head on day on due to .... you know, almost lynching the seer, but it was all good fun. No hard feelings Derry, I was just getting you to back down. Didnt work

Nigel was really entertaining throughout once caught. No hard feelings, all just business. It was a fun battle.

Steve and Phil gave me good fun early on. Katie and Brendan I am so sorry for aiding in you being lynched, was so sure I caught two lazy bad guys, esp in Katie. You FFAs lead me to believe your guilt.

Sorry to see Frank was sick, I believed you and Riona about your real life situations but when Phils bullet hit you it made sense to kill you. And rightly so I might add.

All in all Digi, LoghC, Kolido….. my hats off to you all, a really fin game to flowed back and forth and came down to the wire.

I lied about my role in Disney (the Mickeyslayer), I lied about my role in the Christmas game I think (cant be sure). Not sure If Im getting good at WW or lucky, but I am getting a rep for being abluffer. Ill take that.

Love playing with you all.

What do you mean hard role claim?

As a wolf this game, nyom nyom nyom...

soft role claim= gif of doc brown, saying roads where we are going we dont need road, or dropping a i see what you did there, or i seen that so lots of use of the word see or synonyms.

hard role claim = " i am the seer, doc brown"

I think it was just really unforunate timing that you suffered as a result of SK. To be a NRV and claim, only for that to change (coincidentally) a minute later is tough going.

The hidden apprentice roles were tricky imo. There were clues that i had a role, but i didnt know until dead i was App Seer. Probably would have played differently if i had know, but thems the breaks i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kolido wrote: »
    Great to pass the 5000 post mark, and nearly 20% of them from Necro!

I thought i did well with nearly 500 posts as seer, esp in the early days but Conor and Derry kicked my butt.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I thought i did well with nearly 500 posts as seer, esp in the early days but Conor and Derry kicked my butt.

Still didn't break my Star Trek record. Shouldn't have eased off in the last few days :pac::pac:

To top it all off, Marty was doing a play to try and get his girl friend NRV'd and he didn't care about the app priest collateral.

TBF Marty and Jen hadn't found each other, the dog thing was the first inkling we had of who each other were

Pter wrote: »
    I think it was just really unforunate timing that you suffered as a result of SK. To be a NRV and claim, only for that to change (coincidentally) a minute later is tough going.

The hidden apprentice roles were tricky imo. There were clues that i had a role, but i didnt know until dead i was App Seer. Probably would have played differently if i had know, but thems the breaks i guess :)

If we are to play 'back to the future', and drill it down to one single event that caused the death of the app priest, i'd say it was when steve posted the falsified FFA results. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106278542&postcount=1882

Steve made a two horse race into a 3 horse race and it all spiralled from there. :p

;)

• Advertisement

You guys focused on the wrong table. There were like 3 versions. And there were late votes included in the totaliser and not in the FFA list.

Anyway, you had all the info to figure out i had cocked up and point that out. You could have switched the focus from the App priest to the App seer :D

so annoyed I never found Marty, I had two peeks left and suspected Riona, Eva, and Gabriel, so I wrote them all down on post its and picked one at random. Fate is a cruel mistress!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

so annoyed I never found Marty, I had two peeks left and suspected Riona, Eva, and Gabriel, so I wrote them all down on post its and picked one at random. Fate is a cruel mistress!

My first 3 posts as Gabriel spelt out JEN. All on page 1, then was posting gifs of Marty and Hoover boards etc, I thought I'd telegraphed it and got completely paranoid then. I then completely misread Marty's power on night 2 and ****ed myself and the village big time.

Some turn around in the end though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Henry WW reset.

duffman13 wrote: »
    My first 3 posts as Gabriel spelt out JEN. All on page 1, then was posting gifs of Marty and Hoover boards etc, I thought I'd telegraphed it and got completely paranoid then. I then completely misread Marty's power on night 2 and ****ed myself and the village big time.

Some turn around in the end though

I never copped that! I was in Milan on the Sunday so I was not on top of it at all by the time I got up to speed there was nearly 1000 posts

I also read all the posts in ISO so I didn't even open the ones with images or gifs only!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Not what happened intentionally anyway, I made a balls of it, I got my new power (Einstein) at the same time you got yours so was full sure you were bull****ting. Obviously not, I got everyone to switch on to Doris who then turned out to be my one and only. Cue major panic by me and frantic scrambling. Apologies but got carried away

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Necrominus wrote: »
    Maybe not rail so hard against plans when no one else has them then ;)

Come up with better plans then and i wont challenge you

Henry WW wrote: »
    Come up with better plans then and i wont challenge you

So tempted to log into Derry and continue this argument...:pac::pac::pac:

Gertrude reset

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

duffman13 wrote: »
    My first 3 posts as Gabriel spelt out JEN. All on page 1,

Mary should have spotted that with her spreadsheet. I thought I was mad about spreadsheets but I think Mary eclipses me big time.

Advertisement