Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Gerty has letter not Gabriel

Could biffs power be keeping gerty quiet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Biffs power could be him generating unlimited amounts of belly button fluff.

Biffs power could be anything.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

New players be like

tumblr_meddouhgyB1rsuxuyo6_250.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    New players can be stuck between a rock and a hard place though. They may not be familar with how to feret out wolves, nor familar with the witch hunts that can pop up.

My advice to any new players out there is try looking through the posts of someone and post what you think about those posts.

Dont be worrying about Derry, he is just being a grumpy, sarky so and so.

Yep, that's a good point Steve and worth remembering. We've all been there at some stage.

Although, from my travels, I have found the likelihood of there being a wolf in the low posters to be just as likely as there to be a struggling newb.

We should keep the 'low posters=at least one wolf' theory open, but bear in mind that it's not a sure thing.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Fair enough i suppose. Just dont swallow everything he is saying.

God, no. Derry would still be high on my suspects list (I don't like someone trying to be so assertive on day one) but the responses to him, his ideas, etc, are worth noting, regardless of suspicions of him

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    God, no. Derry would still be high on my suspects list (I don't like someone trying to be so assertive on day one) but the responses to him, his ideas, etc, are worth noting, regardless of suspicions of him

who-enigma.gif?w=660

But do you not think that being sooooo vocal and trying to antagonise players since the start of the game would be a very bold move for a wolf to make?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Eva see my plan fleshed out a little.

Assassin could also be an issue for the wolves.

Agreed we shouldn't get too worried about it though.
    Ok and I'll put myself forward as the sacrificial lamb. Will vote at 8.59pm each night.
    Ok no one else volunteer please.
    No more volunteers please!!!

This whole thing was either very stupid or a wolf Assassin or someone who knows the Assassin

Mary WW wrote: »
    But do you not think that being sooooo vocal and trying to antagonise players since the start of the game would be a very bold move for a wolf to make?

Or someone who knows you might think that.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    This whole thing was either very stupid or a wolf Assassin or someone who knows the Assassin

Bold Angus. Very bold.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Derry was my first suspect from the first few pages if I am honest. However I see that as less clear cut now as he seems to be just a prolific poster wanting to start dialogue and put pressure on people. This approach will yield more results imo that flaffing about all day posting gifs and then guessing at 9pm tonight. We do not have much to go on at this point though.

What is the relevance of the letter? Was it received in 1955 or is it news of the past?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Riona WW wrote: »

We should keep the 'low posters=at least one wolf' theory open, but bear in mind that it's not a sure thing.

Yep. Low posters can also be NRV or roled villagers also and may or may not be keeping quite in an attempt to protect a role.

And as you say it's not a sure thing.

So, for me, lynching low posters is simply hit and miss - although the flip side is that first day lynches are generally hit an miss at the best of times.

I'm not a fan of targeting low posters but I don't have any alternative strategy to put forward at this time.

It's also worth pointing out that loud, noisy posters often create the noise in which to hide - and that's every bit as accurate as the low poster theory.

Gertie needs to explain herself or she's getting marched up the steps and lynched imo.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Yep. Low posters can also be NRV or roled villagers also and may or may not be keeping quite in an attempt to protect a role.

And as you say it's not a sure thing.

So, for me, lynching low posters is simply hit and miss - although the flip side is that first day lynches are generally hit an miss at the best of times.

I'm not a fan of targeting low posters but I don't have any alternative strategy to put forward at this time.

It's also worth pointing out that loud, noisy posters often create the noise in which to hide - and that's every bit as accurate as the low poster theory.

Grand so Clodagh, we'll leave all the useless low posting NRVs alive to fumble the ball at end game...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Mary WW wrote: »

Could be. Could be an NRV feeling he has nothing to lose by shaking the trees. Could be a rolled goody trying to make himself a target so the Bg will protect him.

My initial toughts were to be suspicious. I still am. But there's others I've grown more susp of as the day went on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

For people who have a better understanding of the movie / game than me, any guesses to what other roles we may not know about?

They would be along the lines of my own thoughts on Derry. That alpha, 'listen up village, here's what we need to do' attitude so early in a game can be a red flag for me. I said as much in my OP last night without directly naming Derry.

However, he has drawn discussion out of quite a few of us and there is more food for thought in the thread now because of that.

Even if Derry is a wolf and his posts turn out to be not genuine and are an attempt to mislead the village, the discussion he encourages from other posters could still prove useful for the village.

I dont think knowledge of characters is gonna help. George, who is bg, wouldnt be the most obvious bg choice imo (sorry mods). He is a coward for most of the movie he features heavily in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Gertie needs to explain herself or she's getting marched up the steps and lynched imo.

On the basis of what?

• Advertisement

They would be along the lines of my own thoughts on Derry. That alpha, 'listen up village, here's what we need to do' attitude so early in a game can be a red flag for me. I said as much in my OP last night without directly naming Derry.

However, he has drawn discussion out of quite a few of us and there is more food for thought in the thread now because of that.

Even if Derry is a wolf and his posts turn out to be not genuine and are an attempt to mislead the village, the discussion he encourages from other posters could still prove useful for the village.

Ok to build on this.....if Derry were the alpha, he wouldnt show on a seer peek, and there would be no downside to him rattling trees and establishing himself as useful to the village. He can always just recruit more players to his team tomorrow, even if his plan went tits up and he got Match lynched.

Aw, love you guys too! :mad::mad::mad:

I dont think knowledge of characters is gonna help. George, who is bg, wouldnt be the most obvious bg choice imo (sorry mods). He is a coward for most of the movie he features heavily in.

Maybe hes a sort of cowardly bodyguard, who only saves people 50 percent of teh time.

Henry WW wrote: »
    On the basis of what?

That's she's faffing around messing with us.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Grand so Clodagh, we'll leave all the useless low posting NRVs alive to fumble the ball at end game...

Better then trying to out the roled and non roled villagers though tbf :pac:

Doris WW wrote: »
    I'll be straight here I haven't the foggiest what's going on. the following is my understanding:

No kill this morning (possibly cos Biff's a chicken)
    One of Biff's buddies is now playing for the other team
    Biff acquired a power (could he have traded his kill for a better power)
    Gabriel has a letter, the contents of which are yet unknown
    Team Village now has Marty's (teenage) folks on it (we don't know if they knew their roles in advance of on thread announcement right?)
    If the assassin is lynched the last person to vote for them dies, does the assassin know who they are? is the role only randed once or does it get re-randed. Derry has volunteered to vote last?

I don't think that possibility was mentioned or considered yet, nice one.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Maybe hes a sort of cowardly bodyguard, who only saves people 50 percent of teh time.

Could be for sure. But id tend to say the powers of the role wont fit 100% of the time with the character. At least based on the characters and powers we know about so far.

But you dont know which posters are low posting wolves, low posting NRVs or most importnatly low posting rolled goodies. Lets not kill low posters willy nilly.

We get your agenda and what you watt to do, take astep back and stop pushing your own agenda.

There have been plenty of examples of players being quiet at the start and bringing it home near the end game too. Dont be so negative.

• Advertisement

That's she's faffing around messing with us.

Or shes most likely just not around to post.

Kop on will ya, its not like shes posting fluff and avoiding questions. You need to relax and step back

Advertisement