Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Well the above is antagonistic as a recent example. Cutting people off from discussions? Great way for us to gain 0 information.

I've said all I have to say about Henry, given as in depth reasons as I can for why he's getting my vote tonight. What do you want me to do, take up the entire thread for another three hours of the same argument?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Wow, some grade A evidence there :pac:

Any chance we have a vig who can shoot this clown?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I want you to stop being antagonistic - what you want to do with Henry or not is your business. Stop trying to ram things down our throats (first low posters, now Henry). If your theories stand on their own, there is no need for you to rabbit on about them. If you are 'out' as you said you were earlier, then be out and let us discuss the options.

I want you to stop being antagonistic - what you want to do with Henry or not is your business. Stop trying to ram things down our throats (first low posters, now Henry). If your theories stand on their own, there is no need for you to rabbit on about them. If you are 'out' as you said you were earlier, then be out and let us discuss the options.

*not my business

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Any chance we have a vig who can shoot this clown?

If there is an unknown vig can they please hold off doing stupid things like shooting people on day 1

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Nope, voting for you cos you're a wolf.

Simples really.

I don't get why you think he's a wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Did we get clarification on the Assassin and if someone knows they are it?

Discuss away then. There's tonnes of people dying to join in I'm sure.

The irony is derry, that even if one of your posts is absolute gold, you are spouting so much sh!te that the gold is getting lost in the spray.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Thought it would take longer than day 1 for a rivalry between two players

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

That is a possibility, but FFAs are essential to spotting wolf trends and steering patterns later in the game.

Day 1 is never a great night for villagers. The best we can do is give the future surviving players as much info as possible!

Its a pointless exercise in terms of catching a wolf tonight, but it can provide some info later in the game perhaps.

That said I would find it hard to pick 3 names for tonight and the information gained can be easily discredited by others for the same reason as he get deeper in the game.

Doris WW wrote: »
    I don't get why you think he's a wolf?

Read the thread dearie. I've explained it in depth already.

Right now are best lead is Gerts info, hopefully she can get back on here to fill is in or at least give us reasons why they cant share said letter with us.

The irony is derry, that even if one of your posts is absolute gold, you are spouting so much sh!te that the gold is getting lost in the spray.

If you say so...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Desmond WW wrote: »

giphy.gif

Trust the Archbishop to be a mediator :)

along.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

There are NO strategies on day 1!

Even going after low posters isnt fool proof. Even if there are wolves in the low posters, there are probably also new people. We could hit 3 low posters in the next 3 lynches, and hit nothing but newb!

The only strategy is to keep your eyes open, see who bandwagons, interpret the info from the mods, and then hope we hit someone in the lynch (the odds are against this).

I disagree to an extent
    I understand the logic, but I think spending the first day going "herp derp no point doing anything" is just basically wasting the entire day. While I didn't 100% agree with Derry's plan to go after low posters, at least it was a semblance of a plan. The counter point has simply been to sit on hands and do nothing.

I'm aware this might look like I'm lumping on Henry cause it's handy to do so, but on my list of suspicious names, he's the most marks against him so far. Henry was my #1 choice tonight since midday and the current situation has only made me more resolute to that

He immediately went into shut down mode against Derry's plan, and has continually tried to keep any discussion of such going today. I also hold a mark against him for his attempt to get Derry into another fight with another person earlier ("Who would be the person you'd vote for"). And while I don't think Derry is handling the wind ups well, I do agree with him that all Henry has done today is tried to provoke him and shut down the plan. Even if it was a poor strat, id prefer seeing that than just a random vote. At least Derry is trying to guide the village, even if he's possibly doing it for malicious reasonings.

As I said earlier, I sups of Derry and won't be trustin him fully. This is very much a situation where he's saying stuff I already felt. I'll be keeping a closer eye on him for now, but as it stands, he looks to at least be trying to mobilise the village, while Henry (and Steve) seem content to get us just spinning wheels and moving towards a free for all random vote.

giphy.gif

Fed, what are you thoughts from outside the sets that have been debating for the last while

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Read the thread dearie. I've explained it in depth already.

got a tl dr?

Eva WW wrote: »
    Fed, what are you thoughts from outside the sets that have been debating for the last while

Fed being des

({#$£^*< autocorrect )

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Derry, enough of the dick swinging contest allready.

Just catching up and this attitude is going to get you hung as you will be getting peoples backs up. Not sure why Liam is backing Sir Derry up yet.

I don't see Derry as much as guiding the village as creating noise and aggresion. I am not sure what the whole move against Henry is and need to look at his posts to see if there is something.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Did we get clarification on the Assassin and if someone knows they are it?

I don't believe we have Angus. I have my suspicions about who you say you are. Angus? Hmmm, not so sure about that. (These suspicions are purely in jest in case anyone was wondering).

were-new-foreign-exchange-students-from-uh-h-scotla-saints-14092742.png

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Ill be putting up an FFA later anyway. Even if we dont use them I think its useful to have out there.

Here are my thoughts on a few players so far. Still reading back so will add to this later on

Gerty - Very suspicious that she hasnt posted since getting the letter (Possible block/mind control by Biff as mentioned before)

Henry & Derry - Havent a clue what to make of any of it. I believe that the low posters should be questioned but disagree that they should be instantly thrown under the bus (NOT SAYING YOU SAID THAT DERRY)

Riona - I like reading your posts. Seem well thought out and genuinely helpful in nature for the village

Liam WW wrote: »
    I disagree to an extent
    I understand the logic, but I think spending the first day going "herp derp no point doing anything" is just basically wasting the entire day. While I didn't 100% agree with Derry's plan to go after low posters, at least it was a semblance of a plan. The counter point has simply been to sit on hands and do nothing.

I'm aware this might look like I'm lumping on Henry cause it's handy to do so, but on my list of suspicious names, he's the most marks against him so far. Henry was my #1 choice tonight since midday and the current situation has only made me more resolute to that

He immediately went into shut down mode against Derry's plan, and has continually tried to keep any discussion of such going today. I also hold a mark against him for his attempt to get Derry into another fight with another person earlier ("Who would be the person you'd vote for"). And while I don't think Derry is handling the wind ups well, I do agree with him that all Henry has done today is tried to provoke him and shut down the plan. Even if it was a poor strat, id prefer seeing that than just a random vote. At least Derry is trying to guide the village, even if he's possibly doing it for malicious reasonings.

As I said earlier, I sups of Derry and won't be trustin him fully. This is very much a situation where he's saying stuff I already felt. I'll be keeping a closer eye on him for now, but as it stands, he looks to at least be trying to mobilise the village, while Henry (and Steve) seem content to get us just spinning wheels and moving towards a free for all random vote.

The first couple of paragraphs there were good imo. Thats a cogent argument against Henry.

But you have misrepresented me, Liam. I have been saying all day that post analysis is the only thing to do today (exactly what you have just done). To say i want us to sit on our thumbs is wrong.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Ugh, day 1 FFAs, the least craic in WW.

Right now, before the lynch, it'll be all nice and "sure it'll help the village get a read of things". And then 'bang', the lynch happens and everyone's like "WHY THE FÚCK DID YOU VOTE FOR ME IN YOUR FFA? EXPLAIN :mad: "

I've been mentioning a few lines of inquiry in here today. I will say now though, hours in advance, that there might be a name on any FFA I put up later today, a name I haven't mentioned yet. I'm working away on that on my own here, and this poster's contributions over the next few hours will depend on how public I make this line of inquiry.

So, if I put a name on my FFA which I haven't mentioned yet, no one be freakin out on me, y'all hear now? If the name goes on my FFA, there'll be reasoning as soon as I get the chance to type it.

Liam WW wrote: »
    I disagree to an extent

Personally, I always find the day is wasted with no munch. In todays case we have no solid info at all to go on.

No matter what option we take to "catch a wolf" on day one, the odds are heavily stacked against such an occurance. So to say "go after low posters" is not the way to go, and to be honest nothing is. Suggesting going after low posters a sif its the be all and end all to catching a wolf on day 1 is false, as you could as likely hit a highly important high poster.

Derry trying to guide the village on that basis is wrong whether hes good or bad. I have no other option, what can I say.... I cant invent one. Day one is what it is. Thats the reality of day one whether you like it or not.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Trust the Archbishop to be a mediator :)

I just want peace in the village, we have enough enemies with the wolves and SK without arguing amount ourselves (Unless one of them is a baddie, then I apologise)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I voted and the results are in.

funnysoccer.gif

I just want peace in the village, we have enough enemies with the wolves and SK without arguing amount ourselves (Unless one of them is a baddie, then I apologise)

I actually think you are doing the right thing. Not sure all the arguing is in the best interest of the village. It's creating some confusion in which wolves may just slink by.

First cut at an ffa here, I’ll refine later

#ffa1

Doris : late arrival plus fluff
    Nigel: lots of fluff
    Riona/ Steve/ Henry : one of these three is pocketing the others. Not sure which one yet but it’s happening

• Advertisement

Further to that (the slinking by bit), I think 'going after low posters' has merit in so far as trying to get them posting, and thus making sure there aren't low posters which we have nothing to go on with.

However, going after low posters solely is what I am against. Think it removes some potentials from higher up the post count chain. If we narrow ourselves too much I think we might be on the end of a bit of a kicking.

dawsongw.gif

Advertisement