Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

#ffa1

Katie - bumping up the post count on command, offered nothing to the village, not responding to questions.

Ewan - posting fluff, most of his 18 posts were yesterday, and now things are getting spicy all he is doing is posting rules and bandwagoning on what everyone else is talking about.

Orla - Super fluffy posts.

It could have been a good few posters Orla, so soz, but i picked you (so in a way you should kind of feel special?).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Ugh, day 1 FFAs, the least craic in WW.

Right now, before the lynch, it'll be all nice and "sure it'll help the village get a read of things". And then 'bang', the lynch happens and everyone's like "WHY THE FÚCK DID YOU VOTE FOR ME IN YOUR FFA? EXPLAIN :mad: "

I've been mentioning a few lines of inquiry in here today. I will say now though, hours in advance, that there might be a name on any FFA I put up later today, a name I haven't mentioned yet. I'm working away on that on my own here, and this poster's contributions over the next few hours will depend on how public I make this line of inquiry.

So, if I put a name on my FFA which I haven't mentioned yet, no one be freakin out on me, y'all hear now? If the name goes on my FFA, there'll be reasoning as soon as I get the chance to type it.

Hurry up

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Fed, what are you thoughts from outside the sets that have been debating for the last while

I think all the back and forward between Derry and Henry (neither of whom at this moment do I think is a wolf, just eager villagers) is not doing us any good as the wolves can just sit back, not get involved and therefore not be high on our list. If either are wolves then they are not playing very well as at the moment they both stick in peoples mind for further scruntiny in the coming days.

I don't feel Gerty should have came forward about the letter if she was not going to disclose the contents. I know she could be busy in RL but if that was the case she should not have said anything about it until she had time to respond.

I think Steve and Rhona are trying to get the discussions started which is something.

I haven't really made my mind up about the others, need to review the thread a bit more when I get home before casting my vote. But we need to be careful of the reason we select someone and be ready to stand over our selections.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Have we someone to compile FFAs or do I have to break out the spreadsheets?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    #ffa1

Katie - bumping up the post count on command, offered nothing to the village, not responding to questions.

Ewan - posting fluff, most of his 18 posts were yesterday, and now things are getting spicy all he is doing is posting rules and bandwagoning on what everyone else is talking about.

Orla - Super fluffy posts.

It could have been a good few posters Orla, so soz, but i picked you (so in a way you should kind of feel special?).

Yay, i get a mention

• Advertisement

Silly Q but I assume FFA means Free For All?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Have we someone to compile FFAs or do I have to break out the spreadsheets?

Thanks Derry, you are the best.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Liam, the below posts are reasons why I dont want the village to be lead down the path of Derry and whether it looks bad to you or negative or what have you , I cant sit by and watch him post so much drivel with no rationale.

The man who wants to lead the village is voting for me out of anger.
    His ego is hurt and he votes for me for no real reason at all other than disageeing with him numberous times.
    Henry's posts:

Negative.

Derry is a (insert choice insult here)

Negative.

Not helping the village.

Provide an alternative Henry like others are doing and piss off.

Now I cant provide an alternative, is that reason for me to be a wolf? Of course not.
    Ah forget it. This village is doomed.

So he throws his bottle out of the pram, things dont go his way and "the village is doomed" on day one. Really?
    But the its posts like the one below taht annoy me, he deals in absolutes. If Gert doesnt respond, we are must lynch her.

Lets ignore teh obvious shes not about logic and lynch her, yes.... :confused:
    Gertie needs to explain herself or she's getting marched up the steps and lynched imo.

Im sorry if Im negative, but the high poster is not the most intellegent one. I must be negative towards him when he warrants it.

FWIW I dont think hes a wolf, but I do want it known that he is not to lead the village.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Silly Q but I assume FFA means Free For All?

It actually stands for Frankfurters Find Apples.

Its a long story. Ill tell you about it after the game.

So it is just that we post our top three suspects?

• Advertisement

I would suggest that we do not vote for Derry and Henry. Even if one of them is bad, we will catch them eventually. Dont let the fact they were both very silly boys fighting with each other convince you they are wolves. If you have other info on them, go for that, but dont let their spat be the only reason.

Yes, then ask some frankfurters to find some apples.

Thanks Derry, you are the best.

If I'm doing them, 7pm deadline for FFAs. 2 hours for analysis etc of results vs my low poster argument then.

Sound ok with folks?

And Henry, stop being selective with quotes of why I'm reading you as a wolf.

I would agree with Steve, even though they may be annoying at least they are contributing plus is one does turn out to be a wolf they may slip up soon enough.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Correct. In fact you're answer was so on the nose it'd give it more than a 2.2.

We also generally give reasons for our suspicions. And hashtag it like this but without the space (# FFADay, so the first one would be # FFA1 and the second day would be # FFA2). The hashtag means it's easier to search.

I would suggest that we do not vote for Derry and Henry. Even if one of them is bad, we will catch them eventually. Dont let the fact they were both very silly boys fighting with each other convince you they are wolves. If you have other info on them, go for that, but dont let their spat be the only reason.

If people think im a wolf, vote away

If I'm doing them, 7pm deadline for FFAs. 2 hours for analysis etc of results vs my low poster argument then.

Sound ok with folks?

I asked you why i was a wolf, i you replied and i quoted it. Problem ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Sound ok with folks?

Makes sense let’s compile at 7

Henry WW wrote: »
    If people think im a wolf, vote away

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I'm miles behind. Apologies for dropping a bomb and disappearing. I will not be revealing what is in the note any time soon. I most definitely won it by saying "werewolf" in my post at 10:50 because I was notified very soon after.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Makes sense let’s compile at 7

Ill have mine in at 5

giphy.gif

Whos being antagonistic, practice what you preech.

I'm miles behind. Apologies for dropping a bomb and disappearing. I will not be revealing what is in the note any time soon. I most definitely won it by saying "werewolf" in my post at 10:50 because I was notified very soon after.

Ah ffs. Why bother tell us you have it then?

I am taking this at face value for now, but to be honest Im not liking it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ah ffs. Why bother tell us you have it then?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Henry's a wolf. No interest in discussing strategies, just trying to antagonise me. Has happened before.
    Sorry if pointing out the flaws in your fruitless attempt to lead the village is being negative, Id rather be realistic than follow a foolish wannabe leader.

Its day one, I dont need a plan. Its early days. Whether your good or bad, your methods are heavily flawed and short sighted.
    And there's the negativity without providing any counter view apart from picking apart plans.

Steve, Riona and others are at least putting things together and coming up with alternatives. You're just hell bent on trying to antagonise me and doing NOTHING to help the village.

Vote for you will be cast at 8.59pm.
    Disproving your flawed logic is helping the village.
    Take off your hurt ego lenses for a second.

Taking a vote in anger against me, certainly isnt helping the village.
    And, btw - I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with me. None.

The negativity, constant steering and not providing anything alternative have led me to my conclusion.

Psychoanalysis? More like psychopath ;)

Ah but you're being selective again Henry. More ammo for me to play with. You were able to go back and find the quote re: Gertrude but convienently ignored this exchange.

All to suit your wolfy agenda.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Just want to repeat this, have we considered that Gertrude might have been silenced with a power? Mind-control, anything like that?

Her revealing the letter might have prompted a wolf with such a power into a quick response.

On my travels, I've seen good villagers taken over and silenced while the rest of the village carried on none the wiser.

I suppose in that case, Gertrude should be up for a lynch if she is under a wolf spell.

Note: That's not me putting Gerty in an FFA, just throwing out some thoughts about Gerty and the delay with the Letter that was Promised.

What was the point in telling us about the letter if you didn't want to reveal it, should have just kept it to yourself until the time was right to reveal it as it makes you look a bit suss now as all we were told is that A player found a letter, not a good player.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I most definitely won it by saying "werewolf" in my post at 10:50 because I was notified very soon after.

That reads to me like you weren't actually set a task but you got by randomly posting the word "werewolf".

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Gerty you god damn tease

Advertisement