Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

People should be careful saying WW for the time being btw, in case the task was to make others say it...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    What was the point in telling us about the letter if you didn't want to reveal it, should have just kept it to yourself until the time was right to reveal it as it makes you look a bit suss now as all we were told is that A player found a letter, not a good player.

For fear of mind control I would prefer to let Gertrude alone tonight, despite what I said earlier.

Tomorrow however... she gon' have some 'splainin to do.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Ah but you're being selective again Henry. More ammo for me to play with. You were able to go back and find the quote re: Gertrude but convienently ignored this exchange.

All to suit your wolfy agenda.

But I wasnt being antagonistic, your would be leadership is foolish, its not a dig, its an observation.

Your ego is hurt,

And this passage proves me right :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

My FFA

1. Clodagh - Hunch
    2. Eeeny meeny Miney Moe
    3. Non Fluffy posters cause I feel like Fluff is getting a bad rap unfairly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Just want to repeat this, have we considered that Gertrude might have been silenced with a power? Mind-control, anything like that?

Her revealing the letter might have prompted a wolf with such a power into a quick response.

On my travels, I've seen good villagers taken over and silenced while the rest of the village carried on none the wiser.

I suppose in that case, Gertrude should be up for a lynch if she is under a wolf spell.

Note: That's not me putting Gerty in an FFA, just throwing out some thoughts about Gerty and the delay with the Letter that was Promised.

Say your suspicions were correct, would the silence be for the game or a specific period?

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Derry, enough of the dick swinging contest allready.

Just catching up and this attitude is going to get you hung as you will be getting peoples backs up. Not sure why Liam is backing Sir Derry up yet.

I don't see Derry as much as guiding the village as creating noise and aggresion. I am not sure what the whole move against Henry is and need to look at his posts to see if there is something.

Nice of you to join us Professor Fluffington.

Henry WW wrote: »
    But I wasnt being antagonistic, your would be leadership is foolish, its not a dig, its an observation.

Your ego is hurt,

And this passage proves me right :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5135028

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

I'm miles behind. Apologies for dropping a bomb and disappearing. I will not be revealing what is in the note any time soon. I most definitely won it by saying "werewolf" in my post at 10:50 because I was notified very soon after.

So why even mention it at all?

And Steve, thank ye for adding me. I had thought I was on ignore as no one had noticed me.
    Happy enough in Fluffville on day one as there is very little to go on to make super informative posts.

Also Gertie, why would the wolves let you live? you may have something incriminating against them that can help us and you will die because of it?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Nice of you to join us Professor Fluffington.

Join? I think you will find I have about 20 posts. Now put that thing away and try and be a good villager and help us find some wolves instead of irritating folks. That's a good chap

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Say your suspicions were correct, would the silence be for the game or a specific period?

Most likely for a set period (i.e. until after the lynch, for 24 hours) something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I'm miles behind. Apologies for dropping a bomb and disappearing. I will not be revealing what is in the note any time soon. I most definitely won it by saying "werewolf" in my post at 10:50 because I was notified very soon after.

Good to see you back with more info. My last post was obviously made before I read your post, so maybe you aren't under the influence of a wolf.

Just want to repeat this, have we considered that Gertrude might have been silenced with a power? Mind-control, anything like that?

Her revealing the letter might have prompted a wolf with such a power into a quick response.

On my travels, I've seen good villagers taken over and silenced while the rest of the village carried on none the wiser.

I suppose in that case, Gertrude should be up for a lynch if she is under a wolf spell.

Note: That's not me putting Gerty in an FFA, just throwing out some thoughts about Gerty and the delay with the Letter that was Promised.

On a similar note, I know of a scenario where a villager or wolf would actively set out to get themselves lynched too.

I dont think its the case, but It crossed my mind

Join? I think you will find I have about 20 posts. Now put that thing away and try and be a good villager and help us find some wolves instead of irritating folks. That's a good chap

I already found one. Henry.

Also Gertie, why would the wolves let you live? you may have something incriminating against them that can help us and you will die because of it?

That was part of my point, how do we know Gerty isn't a wolf and is keeping the letter quiet as it would be helpful to us? Just seem strange to bring it up and not tell us the contents.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I am taking this at face value for now, but to be honest Im not liking it.

Agree with this. That said I’m unsure why a wolf would bring heat unto themselves with this one.

Also Gertie, bear in mind if you’re not a wolf that you may have made a target of yourself. If the note is useful then you need to consider that. I would however be hesitant to tell the BG to watch you this early in the day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

kcs_ee752642.png

That was part of my point, how do we know Gerty isn't a wolf and is keeping the letter quiet as it would be helpful to us? Just seem strange to bring it up and not tell us the contents.

One thing we know for sure is that we are in teh dark about the full mechanics in play.

While its mine discussing possibilities, nothing is set in stone in relation to the letter, Gerty or what side she is on.

Oh I get that Henry but if she is a villager then as has been said she has now put a target on her back as the wolves will fear the contents of the letter.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Agree with this. That said I’m unsure why a wolf would bring heat unto themselves with this one.

Also Gertie, bear in mind if you’re not a wolf that you may have made a target of yourself. If the note is useful then you need to consider that. I would however be hesitant to tell the BG to watch you this early in the day.

It wouldnt make sense for a wolf to bring it up,

Th emost likely scenario is that Gerty brought it up, mulled it over and thought bette rof it. But thats far from solid either.

we are very much in the dark, but Ill trust Gert for now. Just.

This is why we need FFAs. To catalogue even the slightest of suspicions so that they can be easily accessed in the days to come.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I thought the same too. Gerty has a target on her back now and the SK kills tonight too.

Saying you had the letter then saying your not revealing it’s contents makes no sense. Could end up taking that info to their grave.

For the record, I'm updating my #FFA1

1. Henry - obvious wolf is obvious

2. Katie - fluff and complaining about people posting fluff... could be the assassin I'm thinking.

3. Clodagh - have a feeling I can't shake about Clodagh more so than previous entrant here, Doris.

Gertrude, Angus and Doris also very suspicious imo.

Something just not sitting right about the whole Gertie thing. I am trying to think what I would do if I got the letter. If I wasn't going to tell anyone right now I def would not bring the fact I got it up.

Since it was word activated, Gertie can be anyone at all. If she is Biff, she knows she is clear for a seer check anyway. Maybe she is Match and Biff told her to stfu in the back room after she announced it.

Fir my FFA I will need to get back later as the only one I have on my list is Doris. I am looking at a few others but nothing concrete as yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

What are people's opinions about posting theories of the letters content?

I have one myself but not sure who (if anyone) that it may help by putting it out in the open if true

Hypothethical:

The wolfs task is to get to tomorrow, no matter what. If they do, they get an extra convert/cool power/biff gets a power/something worthwhile.

In that circumstance, if your goal was to make tomorrow at all costs; then saying you have a letter but wont share yet, makes perfect sense.

Holly WW wrote: »
    What are people's opinions about posting theories of the letters content?

I have one myself but not sure who (if anyone) that it may help by putting it out in the open if true

Honestly no clue, it could reveal the identity of someone on thread (maybe who Marty is etc)

But really no clue.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hypothethical:

The wolfs task is to get to tomorrow, no matter what. If they do, they get an extra convert/cool power/biff gets a power/something worthwhile.

In that circumstance, if your goal was to make tomorrow at all costs; then saying you have a letter but wont share yet, makes perfect sense.

But why would the SK allow them to stay alive? If I was them that is what I would do. Plus before this Gertie wasn't really a target

Something just not sitting right about the whole Gertie thing. I am trying to think what I would do if I got the letter. If I wasn't going to tell anyone right now I def would not bring the fact I got it up.

Since it was word activated, Gertie can be anyone at all. If she is Biff, she knows she is clear for a seer check anyway. Maybe she is Match and Biff told her to stfu in the back room after she announced it.

Fir my FFA I will need to get back later as the only one I have on my list is Doris. I am looking at a few others but nothing concrete as yet.

Like if Gerty was trying to get herself lynched without looking too obvious about it, it be a subtle way to go.

But Im reaching admittedly with that theory.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hypothethical:

Interesting. I think Gertie needs to give us more info tbh or we have a decision to make tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If I am still alive I will soon catch up and be commenting a lot more regularily within the hour. Hopefully there has not been kills since I last checked my phone (pg20 on whatever my phone was set up as is all I got to at the time).

Advertisement