Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Honestly no clue, it could reveal the identity of someone on thread (maybe who Marty is etc)

But really no clue.

It surely can't as they had the letter and read it before they announced. They would have said nothing if that was the case

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hypothethical:

The wolfs task is to get to tomorrow, no matter what. If they do, they get an extra convert/cool power/biff gets a power/something worthwhile.

In that circumstance, if your goal was to make tomorrow at all costs; then saying you have a letter but wont share yet, makes perfect sense.

Interesting. It certainly fits Gertie's behaviour (of which I'm a bit suspect of at the moment).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Isla, any thoughts on an FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    For the record, I'm updating my #FFA1

1. Henry - obvious wolf is obvious

2. Katie - fluff and complaining about people posting fluff... could be the assassin I'm thinking.

3. Clodagh - have a feeling I can't shake about Clodagh more so than previous entrant here, Doris.

Gertrude, Angus and Doris also very suspicious imo.

Why do you think the Assassin knows they are the Assassin?
    And why Kaite based off that if the role is assigned at random?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Hypothethical:

The wolfs task is to get to tomorrow, no matter what. If they do, they get an extra convert/cool power/biff gets a power/something worthwhile.

In that circumstance, if your goal was to make tomorrow at all costs; then saying you have a letter but wont share yet, makes perfect sense.

Too easy a task tbh. In a zero killed environment on first day you may as well just give the convert as set that task. Mentioning the letter would make surviving harder if anything

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

The only other explanations i can think of are:

Mods sent PM saying 'you got mail. wanna open mail?'

Gertie says 'guys i got mail'

Gertie opens mail, mail is from goodie, says dont say what this says thanks'

Something like that.

Or Gertie is a newbie and freaked out at getting a mail and posted it without thinking about it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Angus WW wrote: »

Counter point.

Why wouldn't the assassin know who they are? Am I being dumb here? This has been floated once or twice but surely the SK knows they are the SK?

Eva WW wrote: »
    Too easy a task tbh. In a zero killed environment on first day you may as well just give the convert as set that task. Mentioning the letter would make surviving harder if anything

Yeah i guess.

Well I'm just spitballing but Katie's posts scream of an attempt to get lynched.

IF the assassin knows who they are that could be the thing. They might not be allowed to reveal they are the assassin either...

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Hypothethical:

But we know that someone has the letter and only Gerty has claimed that. If your hypothesis is true then surely the actual finder of the letter would have come forward.

I believe that it will act as a one time protection from a lynch/munch/SK attack (or even possibly a combination of all three)

Liam WW wrote: »
    Counter point.

Why wouldn't the assassin know who they are? Am I being dumb here? This has been floated once or twice but surely the SK knows they are the SK?
    Holly WW wrote: »
    But we know that someone has the letter and only Gerty has claimed that. If your hypothesis is true then surely the actual finder of the letter would have come forward.

I believe that it will act as a one time protection from a lynch/munch/SK attack (or even possibly a combination of all three)

Biff sends letter to match. Match says he has letter. Match seems like a really cool dude to the village because he got a letter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Counter point.

Assassin and SK seem to be different people. Although there is a chance the SK is also the assassin but that seems unlikely.

Sorry @ the Liam post above, assassin is a passive thing. it can be assigned without knowledge. SK has to know they are SK so they can kill people. Its an active power rather than a passive one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif

So this is all Babs had to say. Not a lot at all.

And the other one on my list is Fiona. Apart from an intro with 2 fluff posts she then made the old "If I am still alive after lynch" post.

why would she have been a target? for saying hi?

So my #FFA1

Doris - There is something about this lady and she is top of my list
    Barbara - Laying real real low, a robot post and nothing since. Think they wanted to get a post in
    Fiona - some classic wolf signs there with a side order of fluff

Counter point.

Its more of a game mechanic then a role, so the person mightn't know.
    Also if a NRV had the role they would most likely just come out at the start with it. Taking it out of play in some respects.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

The only other explanations i can think of are:

Mods sent PM saying 'you got mail. wanna open mail?'

Gertie says 'guys i got mail'

Gertie opens mail, mail is from goodie, says dont say what this says thanks'

Something like that.

Or Gertie is a newbie and freaked out at getting a mail and posted it without thinking about it.

Id lean on the latter
    Well I'm just spitballing but Katie's posts scream of an attempt to get lynched.

IF the assassin knows who they are that could be the thing. They might not be allowed to reveal they are the assassin either...

All beef aside, her post looks more posting for the sake of posting that what you have suggested no?

Why would the Assassin be looking to get lynched though as they also die along with whoever voted for them last?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Good gawd

I hate working nights, I come back and have to read 15 pages of madness.

I have no clue what to do so if you want an ffa

1. henry - arguing with derry
    2. Derry - arguing with henry
    3. Profit!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Yeah i guess.

I think we need more info from Gertie tbh. Doesn’t feel like a wolf but it isn’t helpful village play to run it as they have either

• Advertisement

O I get you like a secret win role so they win if they get lynched.
    But the game carries on. That's interesting actually.

O I get you like a secret win role so they win if they get lynched.
    But the game carries on. That's interesting actually.

Although that doesn't make sense if baddies can be the Assassin.

All beef aside, her post looks more posting for the sake of posting that what you have suggested no?

Yeah I'd agree but I was just throwing out the possibility. Open-minded, me :D

Holy sh!tballs. Im proud of ye lads.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I voted and the results are in.

funnysoccer.gif

Did you vote in the lynch, so soon? But you haven't really discussed any strategies or...anything really in the game. A lowish post count of mostly gifs, a question to clarify the rules, and a couple of very hollow 'this seems wolfy' posts on a target which someone else already jumped on. So far, your posts are a bit fluffy and it seems to be going under the radar.
    Do we know if voting results are revealed?

Who would be more concerned about the voting results being revealed, a villager or a wolf?

Then there was a bit of a jump on Clodagh yesterday, after Derry got some steam going about the low posters. No elaboration, just...
    This I find interesting.

...@Derry yesterday when he was talking about Clodagh thanking the OP, but her not posting in the thread for a while.
    That’sa very Wolfy post...

@Cloddagh again, who was simply saying that she 'wasn't hiding', as someone else had put it to her. That makes for a very wolfy post? Hmm.
    Jaesus, Biff seems like some chump, hope I don’t get recruited to that team!

tumblr_m9ojhu8bRf1qhycu9o4_250.gif

That struck me as weird, a bit like a private joke between a very few people.

I'm not saying you're a wolf Nigel, but so far it's very hard to get a read on what exactly you are.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I will have my ffa up around 5.30

Gerty needs to explain herself a bit better

Id lean on the latter

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Right, in way of FFA, here's the notes I wrote today. These really only go up to about 1pm ish, cause then I went out, and came back but the notes weren't near me.

Derry - Trying to position himself as the leader super quickly. Suspiciously so

Gabriel - At much the same time Derry did, Gabriel quickly jumped onto the "look away from high posters" theory. The timing could potentially have the two linked?

Henry - (noted most of this already) very, very quickly went on an offense against Derry and the the low poster plan. Also tried to generate a drama between Derry and a third party. Has largely been trying to shut down Derry all day. Was also very, very quick to embrace Gert's letter claim as genuine; given it seems to turn out to be a dud, was he so eager about it cause he knew it would backfire eventually?

Conor - Proposed a wolf would ask their questions in a backroom, not on thread. Really bad logic; wolves would go to great trouble to ask questions on thread, since it's an easy way to generate posts and makes an appearance that you're trying to help.

Riona - (at time of writing) had done very little but recap other people's posts. Again, easy way to generate posts without actually contributing. Just rephrase other peoples opinions and don't offer anything else.

Gert - Claims the letter and then vanishes, (adding to this one...) then says they'd rather not talk about it. Defo sups, but why. What motives

SOmeone also said that it feels like Steve/Henry/Riona contains at least one wolf trying to pocket someone, and I'd agree 100% with that.

As it stands, my trio are...

1. Henry
    2. Conor
    3. Gert

Ugh... as much as I wanna kill Henry, I might wait till I get given a bullet.

Katie, Clodagh and Gertie are all good looking lynches.

• Advertisement

Holy sh!tballs. Im proud of ye lads.

Ah was beaten to it by Steve!

Advertisement