Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I don't have enough to go on yet for an FFA or anything but should I read the last several pages now, what I read up to now was the idea of offing a quiet poster so im inclined to get involved now instead of reading the rest and waiting to see

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I’m looking at everyone’s posts but I dunno what I’m looking for :(
    Where’s that needle in a haystack fella from the insurance ad when you need him?
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Wait, you want to talk about tasks, argue with me when I say there's no point and then claim you don't know what to look for...

The curious case of Mary Murphy...
    Calm down Derry dearest. I didn't argue with you. I just believe that we should be looking for a task as the OP states that the evil team have to do one on thread in order to get their kill. We didn't start till late this afternoon and we only have to look until 10am. If there's a munch we could have some homework done at least.

Things to look out for:-
    • Phrases from the movie?
    • Hidden messages in first words of separate posts?
    • Hidden messages in first letters?
    • Songs?

I don't know what the task is so I don't know what I'm looking for. That's why I made the needle in the haystack comment. Any suggestions, please, let me know.

As it stands, you are being too defensive about everything to make me think that it's you doing the task.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    25aflg.jpg
    Brendan, feck off :p
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Yet to post

Steve WW
    Angus WW
    Riona WW
    Fiona WW
    Doris WW
    Clodagh WW

I have nothing to add before I log out rather than a simple task could be to post a gif/meme/image of something related to "future"

Brendan posted a futurama meme earlier.

Strongest indication yet of a task imo and unless I see strong evidence of another task by someone else he is getting a good rogering tomorrow.

#ffa1

mary - caught doing a task.
    abi - very quick response attack against me on nothing charges that were easily discredited.

So, this morning, I thought that this idea had fallen apart because there was no munch.
    Now, I am beginning to think that this idea now holds more water due to there being no munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Right, in way of FFA, here's the notes I wrote today. These really only go up to about 1pm ish, cause then I went out, and came back but the notes weren't near me.

Derry - Trying to position himself as the leader super quickly. Suspiciously so

Gabriel - At much the same time Derry did, Gabriel quickly jumped onto the "look away from high posters" theory. The timing could potentially have the two linked?

Henry - (noted most of this already) very, very quickly went on an offense against Derry and the the low poster plan. Also tried to generate a drama between Derry and a third party. Has largely been trying to shut down Derry all day. Was also very, very quick to embrace Gert's letter claim as genuine; given it seems to turn out to be a dud, was he so eager about it cause he knew it would backfire eventually?

Conor - Proposed a wolf would ask their questions in a backroom, not on thread. Really bad logic; wolves would go to great trouble to ask questions on thread, since it's an easy way to generate posts and makes an appearance that you're trying to help.

Riona - (at time of writing) had done very little but recap other people's posts. Again, easy way to generate posts without actually contributing. Just rephrase other peoples opinions and don't offer anything else.

Gert - Claims the letter and then vanishes, (adding to this one...) then says they'd rather not talk about it. Defo sups, but why. What motives

SOmeone also said that it feels like Steve/Henry/Riona contains at least one wolf trying to pocket someone, and I'd agree 100% with that.

As it stands, my trio are...

1. Henry
    2. Conor
    3. Gert

I dont get this FFA. You name Riona twice, yet she isnt in your FFA. You want more info from Gert, yet put her in your FFA. I understand why you have gone with Henry though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

#ffa1

abi - very quick response attack against me on nothing charges that were easily discredited.

I did attack you yes - Then realized you wernt doing tasks as per rule 16 which I never seen.

Apologies, over excitement on day 1 :D

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I don't have enough to go on yet for an FFA or anything but should I read the last several pages now, what I read up to now was the idea of offing a quiet poster so im inclined to get involved now instead of reading the rest and waiting to see

Keep reading.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I dont get this FFA. You name Riona twice, yet she isnt in your FFA. You want more info from Gert, yet put her in your FFA. I understand why you have gone with Henry though.

Gert's suspicious behavior is way more overt than the Riona stuff. While I have two hits against Riona, both are very minor and can be explained away. Gert and the letter however is a far larger moment and thus I put her as my third.

The whole letter fiasco feels way more important than "Riona posted some fluff and is being slightly friendly with people".

Gert's suspicious behavior is way more overt than the Riona stuff. While I have two hits against Riona, both are very minor and can be explained away. Gert and the letter however is a far larger moment and thus I put her as my third.

The whole letter fiasco feels way more important than "Riona posted some fluff and is being slightly friendly with people".

You dont think there is a letter or you dont care what it says, that you would be willing to see Gertie swing?

Also if you think 1 of 3 people are pocketing, thats not a minor thing. Thats a 1 in 3 shot of getting a wolf. Especially if its the second time you have hit on someone being suss.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I think we can agree Gertie has the letter as there is nobody else coming forward to counter claim the letter. So either she just announced it too soon or it is some sort of ploy to get us to keep her around.

#ffa1

So, this morning, I thought that this idea had fallen apart because there was no munch.
    Now, I am beginning to think that this idea now holds more water due to there being no munch.

Does anyone else lend any credence to the Mary theory outlined in Brendans post?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

@Riona

The Biff Giff was because it was confirmed Biff missed a chance to recruit and to kill but hasn’t done either. I thought it was funny but nobody is finding anything fluffy funny. Except Phil Mitchell who seems to get a pass with 2431 GIFs of him doing What Mitchell’s do

As for Clodagh , I’m picking somebody like I have to and there are one or two things that served me Well in other towns that makes me feel that this person is shifty. Not enough to lynch after a few days so no point in confidently trying to convince others to get on board. But it’s enough for a first day Lynch where people generally have SFA to go on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I think we can agree Gertie has the letter as there is nobody else coming forward to counter claim the letter. So either she just announced it too soon or it is some sort of ploy to get us to keep her around.

Or, to play devil's advocate - is disbarred from telling us what is contained within perhaps?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

#ffa1

Go back to sleep it’s still daytime.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Right, in way of FFA, here's the notes I wrote today. These really only go up to about 1pm ish, cause then I went out, and came back but the notes weren't near me.

Derry - Trying to position himself as the leader super quickly. Suspiciously so

Gabriel - At much the same time Derry did, Gabriel quickly jumped onto the "look away from high posters" theory. The timing could potentially have the two linked?

Henry - (noted most of this already) very, very quickly went on an offense against Derry and the the low poster plan. Also tried to generate a drama between Derry and a third party. Has largely been trying to shut down Derry all day. Was also very, very quick to embrace Gert's letter claim as genuine; given it seems to turn out to be a dud, was he so eager about it cause he knew it would backfire eventually?

Conor - Proposed a wolf would ask their questions in a backroom, not on thread. Really bad logic; wolves would go to great trouble to ask questions on thread, since it's an easy way to generate posts and makes an appearance that you're trying to help.

Riona - (at time of writing) had done very little but recap other people's posts. Again, easy way to generate posts without actually contributing. Just rephrase other peoples opinions and don't offer anything else.

Gert - Claims the letter and then vanishes, (adding to this one...) then says they'd rather not talk about it. Defo sups, but why. What motives

SOmeone also said that it feels like Steve/Henry/Riona contains at least one wolf trying to pocket someone, and I'd agree 100% with that.

As it stands, my trio are...

1. Henry
    2. Conor
    3. Gert

If I end up on FFAs that's the way she goes. But if I feel the reasoning is wrong, I'm going to say. I think that you are doing me a disservice overall there.

I quoted a post of yours earlier today on Derry, which was hard not to quote because it did actually sum up the way I was feeling about Derry quite well. Fine, I rephrased those thoughts of yours this morning. 1 in a few dozen posts.

I have also thrown out a few theories which weren't explored yet, genuine ones rather than an attempt to send the village on a wild goose-chase. My last post before this was an attempt to look at someone that no one else has mentioned yet, but who has posted scarcely and erratically so far.

I'm mostly rephrasing other peoples posts to generate content without actually contributing? I don't agree with that one bit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

My thoughts:

Steve - posting a lot of sense, now that he's posting properly.
    Isla - x
    Derry - probably too noisy to be a wolf
    Barbara - one single post
    Abi - x
    Des - helpful, logical, seems to post sense
    Henry - other than his brawl with Derry can't actually get a feel for any substance to him yet
    Angus - x
    Eva - x
    Ewan - x
    Mary - decent enough posts so far
    Liam - x
    Gabriel - x
    Riona - liking her posts, comes across as helpful, and saying this in the full knowledge that she suspects me.
    Holly - x
    Nigel - x
    Phil - quieter today than yesterday, not a whole lot of substance to his posts, but nothing suspicious either, a wolf probably wouldn't have come in blaring so much
    Frank - x
    Fiona - x
    Orla - x
    Doris - x
    Katie - rather suspicious, pops up when her lack of posting is commented on, makes fluffy and repetitive points
    Brendan - x
    Clodagh - x
    Gertrude - I'd be inclined to think her announcement of the letter was about being an unsure newbie. If she thinks it best to keep the letter quiet for now then that's for her to decide. I'm not going to cast shade at her for that choice

So, a lot of players I'm very unsure about. A few I've good vibes about. And a few in betweeners.

A tentative #FFA1 therefore would be:
    Katie - per above
    Barbara - at worst we off an uninterested, unhelpful player
    Eva - really just chosen at random from those marked x as nothing to go on

Nigel WW wrote: »
    @Riona

The Biff Giff was because it was confirmed Biff missed a chance to recruit and to kill but hasn’t done either. I thought it was funny but nobody is finding anything fluffy funny. Except Phil Mitchell who seems to get a pass with 2431 GIFs of him doing What Mitchell’s do

As for Clodagh , I’m picking somebody like I have to and there are one or two things that served me Well in other towns that makes me feel that this person is shifty. Not enough to lynch after a few days so no point in confidently trying to convince others to get on board. But it’s enough for a first day Lynch where people generally have SFA to go on.

I agree on both counts. GIF king Philip shouldn't be getting such an easy pass.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Or, to play devil's advocate - is disbarred from telling us what is contained within perhaps?

But is she was barred from telling us what was in it, then why tell us she had it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

R

Im fine with being on an FFA of yours considering your reasoning.

But to respond to your reasoning, I would offer my thinking behind it. You may say I was very quick to denounce Derry, which is fair I suppose, but im right to do so. I feel Ive laid out good reasoning as to why (his insistance to go after low posters so early without 24 hours gone, his rationle behind it..... ), whether you think its a wolf trait or not, its the right thing to do.

The Gert trust is based on the rationale that it be very brave move for a wolf to come speak of a letter so early in the game with no heat on anyone really. I suspect Gerty is on the up and up, just about as I cant see teh logic in a wolf pulling the letter stunt so early. I suspect Gert is a paniced newbie. Its the most logical explaination to me.

What task was Mary caught doing? if there is any truth to that it'd make catching up a lot easier as she would have to be a target.

Most of what im reading back up on now could probably be just attributed to day one problems on the surface, lack of info. Well done Marty if you did stop a conversion though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

#ffa1

So I’m clear, you’re theory is Mary is a wolf but was tagged half way through a task and couldn’t complete it?

• Advertisement

I agree on both counts. GIF king Philip shouldn't be getting such an easy pass.

Ah here wtf - how many do i have to post to be the GIF king?

I also feel I have to disagree on the Riona vibe you Have, I feel I trust her more than others right now. Thats just my gut feeling though.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Im fine with being on an FFA of yours considering your reasoning.

But to respond to your reasoning, I would offer my thinking behind it. You may say I was very quick to denounce Derry, which is fair I suppose, but im right to do so. I feel Ive laid out good reasoning as to why (his insistance to go after low posters so early without 24 hours gone, his rationle behind it..... ), whether you think its a wolf trait or not, its the right thing to do.

The Gert trust is based on the rationale that it be very brave move for a wolf to come speak of a letter so early in the game with no heat on anyone really. I suspect Gerty is on the up and up, just about as I cant see teh logic in a wolf pulling the letter stunt so early. I suspect Gert is a paniced newbie. Its the most logical explaination to me.

Back to this again, I never said I was going after low posters immediately. Have you ever considered the fact it was a branch rustling tactic that has been effective in getting others to speak up?

Having said that...

giphy.gif

Death to low posters.

I hope we don't start passing this letter around

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I think all the back and forward between Derry and Henry (neither of whom at this moment do I think is a wolf, just eager villagers) is not doing us any good as the wolves can just sit back, not get involved and therefore not be high on our list. If either are wolves then they are not playing very well as at the moment they both stick in peoples mind for further scruntiny in the coming days.

A third possibility is that both are wolves and they've orchestrated the whole thing. It'd be a ballsy move, and probably unlikely, but it would be a good way of getting attention focused away from them, in a double bluff way.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Ah here wtf - how many do i have to post to be the GIF king?

Philip's got you beat still numbers wise. Soz.

I bet it says something like

'For a good time call 087 - (GERTIES REAL LIFE PHONE NUMBER)' and thats why she wont post it.

Conor WW wrote: »
    A third possibility is that both are wolves and they've orchestrated the whole thing. It'd be a ballsy move, and probably unlikely, but it would be a good way of getting attention focused away from them, in a double bluff way.

200.gif

Hell would freeze over before that happened.

Lads, even as a placeholder, please do an FFA. You can always revise it before 7.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    So I’m clear, you’re theory is Mary is a wolf but was tagged half way through a task and couldn’t complete it?

I want to hear more about this theory

Advertisement