Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Im doing a list of points ive made on other players so far and then the FFA wont be too far behind. Ill have it up within the hour

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I hope we don't start passing this letter around

Very random thing to post, do you know something we don't?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    For people who have a better understanding of the movie / game than me, any guesses to what other roles we may not know about?

Biff had more than Match as a crony. Memory was that there were three in the gang, including Biff, but a Google Image search seems to show a total of four. Match, is Billy Zane on the left there. I don't know the name of the other characters, but it'd be very likely they'll make an appearance, if recruitment goes well anyway, in the game at some time.

90c205e0-56ab-0133-ec37-0aa00699013d.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I bet it says something like

'For a good time call 087 - (GERTIES REAL LIFE PHONE NUMBER)' and thats why she wont post it.

Gertie, what can you say about it? Not that it means you are good and if I'm reading this game right - in the future or past you could be bad even if good now - or are you only allowed to reveal you have it.

Maybe it is to get someone else to approach Gertie someone who needs the letter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Can either Conor or Desmond change there avatars.

Purple suits Desmond for what its worth.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I’m all ears to this theory that I was doing a task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    My thoughts:

Steve - posting a lot of sense, now that he's posting properly.
    Isla - x
    Derry - probably too noisy to be a wolf
    Barbara - one single post
    Abi - x
    Des - helpful, logical, seems to post sense
    Henry - other than his brawl with Derry can't actually get a feel for any substance to him yet
    Angus - x
    Eva - x
    Ewan - x
    Mary - decent enough posts so far
    Liam - x
    Gabriel - x
    Riona - liking her posts, comes across as helpful, and saying this in the full knowledge that she suspects me.
    Holly - x
    Nigel - x
    Phil - quieter today than yesterday, not a whole lot of substance to his posts, but nothing suspicious either, a wolf probably wouldn't have come in blaring so much
    Frank - x
    Fiona - x
    Orla - x
    Doris - x
    Katie - rather suspicious, pops up when her lack of posting is commented on, makes fluffy and repetitive points
    Brendan - x
    Clodagh - x
    Gertrude - I'd be inclined to think her announcement of the letter was about being an unsure newbie. If she thinks it best to keep the letter quiet for now then that's for her to decide. I'm not going to cast shade at her for that choice

So, a lot of players I'm very unsure about. A few I've good vibes about. And a few in betweeners.

A tentative #FFA1 therefore would be:
    Katie - per above
    Barbara - at worst we off an uninterested, unhelpful player
    Eva - really just chosen at random from those marked x as nothing to go on

That’s an interesting post. Couple of things...(I) why did you feel a need to link toRionas post specifically and (ii)why did you state she suspects you when your linked post says nothing of the sort?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

You dont think there is a letter or you dont care what it says, that you would be willing to see Gertie swing?

See, this is the issue with FFA's; the three names aren't really equal. I'd rather put the three out, but I know the one I'll probably be voting for. So it's

As far as the letter, does it exist, etc...not a clue. Feel something weird is happenin. Don't know what it is. But registering my suspicion of it for now. It's an important moment in this. Just don't know how important or relevant yet.

Also if you think 1 of 3 people are pocketing, thats not a minor thing. Thats a 1 in 3 shot of getting a wolf. Especially if its the second time you have hit on someone being suss.

Point out that my vote is already going to one of the three anyway in Henry, so no need to put two of ye on my FFA as it stands.

The nature of Day One FFAs is that sometimes people wind up on them for flimsy reasons. I'm not going to argue hard for Riona or Gert. I'm not passionate about either. I'm just listing off some reasons I have susps of people

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I agree on both counts. GIF king Philip shouldn't be getting such an easy pass.

You make it seem that it's something that should be levelled at me. If you think I'm getting an easy pass. Find something to raise suspicion against me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Gertie, what can you say about it? Not that it means you are good and if I'm reading this game right - in the future or past you could be bad even if good now - or are you only allowed to reveal you have it.

Maybe it is to get someone else to approach Gertie someone who needs the letter.

INTERESTING.

So maybe Gertie is the delivery guy at the end of BTTF2, who has to deliver the letter to Marty after a period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Mary WW wrote: »

Wolf Ears? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9086507.jpg?299

Lads, even as a placeholder, please do an FFA. You can always revise it before 7.

That seems like it could cause confusion Steve. As long as they're done by 7pm should be fine really.

Mary WW wrote: »

Maybe it was just to smoke you out like the low poster thing but someone had you no.1 on their #FFA for doing a task. Brendan I think.

Wolf Ears? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9086507.jpg?299

Awwwww they’re cute

Phil WW wrote: »
    You make it seem that it's something that should be levelled at me. If you think I'm getting an easy pass. Find something to raise suspicion against me.

dbd.gif

PS: (I can GIF too)

Liam WW wrote: »
    See, this is the issue with FFA's; the three names aren't really equal. I'd rather put the three out, but I know the one I'll probably be voting for. So it's

As far as the letter, does it exist, etc...not a clue. Feel something weird is happenin. Don't know what it is. But registering my suspicion of it for now. It's an important moment in this. Just don't know how important or relevant yet.

Point out that my vote is already going to one of the three anyway in Henry, so no need to put two of ye on my FFA as it stands.

The nature of Day One FFAs is that sometimes people wind up on them for flimsy reasons. I'm not going to argue hard for Riona or Gert. I'm not passionate about either. I'm just listing off some reasons I have susps of people

Fair points.

Lack of depth in your posts is suspicious enough. We arent gonna find 'lol yeah im a baddie' in anyones posts, so you have to look beyond the words to trends in posting. And if most of your posts are rubbish, then thats noteworthy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Conor doesn't post for 5 hours but posts within 13 minutes of being named in an FFA?

genie-animated-clipart-1.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Really not impressed with Gerties response, no reasoning just keeping it to herself. Gonna go back through the thread and see if there was heat on someone else around the time of Gerties reveal.

Also BG, if youve an inkling on either of the two roled villagers; protect them and not Gertie at this point. Gerties letter could be a ruse to get protection as the wolves have a prize target in their eyes.

Gertie if your legit and don't get lynched, can you please at least explain your reasoning whatever it may be, For not releasing the contents of it.

Henry and Derry, you guys need a break from one another, it's actually derailing anything else at this stage. I'd agree with others, you two are so vocal that if you are wolves you'll slip up later in the day.

I'll be getting an FFA in shortly

Maybe it was just to smoke you out like the low poster thing but someone had you no.1 on their #FFA for doing a task. Brendan I think.

Yes but if I had done a task, where’s my munch this morning?

That seems like it could cause confusion Steve. As long as they're done by 7pm should be fine really.

Thats for Derry to worry about.

I dont want people going 'oh ill do it later', then forgetting or being busy, and suddenly we are missing FFAs. Do one now. If you want to change it later, do; but do one now.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Lads, even as a placeholder, please do an FFA. You can always revise it before 7.

Ok this may change as I still am unsure:

#FFA1

Katie - Alot of fluff
    Abi - Not much substance to posts but seems to appear whenever she is mentioned
    Angus - Don't know why just a gut feeling

Nigel WW wrote: »

Except Phil Mitchell who seems to get a pass with 2431 GIFs of him doing What Mitchell’s do

Mitchell's get stuff done after all.

mitchell-returns.gif

INTERESTING.

So maybe Gertie is the delivery guy at the end of BTTF2, who has to deliver the letter to Marty after a period of time.

Its just a guess but I would be wary of a trap too if I was marty, it's only day 1 and that is something big to be happening at the same time as potential conversions from the looks of it. Biff and Marty could be having a busy day 1 it seems, though maybe not Biff as he was called Lazy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    (I) why did you feel a need to link toRionas post specifically

Why shouldn't I? :confused:
    Eva WW wrote: »
    (ii)why did you state she suspects you when your linked post says nothing of the sort?

The post I linked made very clear that she wasn't going to name the person she suspected. I just wanted it known that I think it's me she suspects (I could be wrong, she can clarify herself who she was hinting at) and that this has no reflection on me thinking, at this moment in time anyway, that she's veering towards village to me.

Why you so interested in my thoughts on Riona anyway, when I included you in my FFA too?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

INTERESTING.

In which case it can't be delivered till 1985 And we are currently in 1955?

Thats for Derry to worry about.

I dont want people going 'oh ill do it later', then forgetting or being busy, and suddenly we are missing FFAs. Do one now. If you want to change it later, do; but do one now.

10 FFAs in so far. Plenty of time though.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    In which case it can't be delivered till 1985 And we are currently in 1955?

:D

I said like that, not exactly that.

But anyway, there are time machines in play, so its not beyond the realms....

Fair points.

Lack of depth in your posts is suspicious enough. We arent gonna find 'lol yeah im a baddie' in anyones posts, so you have to look beyond the words to trends in posting. And if most of your posts are rubbish, then thats noteworthy.

I'm not saying it's not noteworthy. But there's more substance in my posts than a fair amount of posters. My point wasn't that everything I've said has been gold. It was that Derry just said, Phil shouldn't be getting an easy ride but then not mentioning an actual reason for me to be suspected. If that's enough for you, fine.

10 FFAs in so far. Plenty of time though.

xoxoxox

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

For those new palyers who havent done an FFA,

pick 3 names who you think is wolfie ie

1. David
    2. Oisin
    3. Caroline

(BTW those are fake names)

It may not bring us a wolf tonight but it can be helpful information to look back on in future days.

Ill have mine up shortly

Advertisement