Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not noteworthy. But there's more substance in my posts than a fair amount of posters. My point wasn't that everything I've said has been gold. It was that Derry just said, Phil shouldn't be getting an easy ride but then not mentioning an actual reason for me to be suspected. If that's enough for you, fine.

MAYBE HE SAID THAT BECAUSE YOUR GIFS ARE SH!T AND OTHER PEOPLE HAVE POSTED MUCH BETTER ONES.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    In which case it can't be delivered till 1985 And we are currently in 1955?

That could be a cool mechanic.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

It would depend on how deep they go with the game but potentially. If someone has actually said they have a letter though we can't ignore how they have interacted with others or continue to do so even though if your right now we could argueably table the notion till we time travel again. I feel like on Day 1 we won't be jumping around too much more though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I just hate Phil Mitchell tbh. Grant is way better.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

That could be good, but what happens then if Gerty dies in 1955?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Almost 900 posts on day 1. Wtf guys.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    So I’m clear, you’re theory is Mary is a wolf but was tagged half way through a task and couldn’t complete it?

My theory is that they completed the task but if they used the munch and people went back to find tasks they'd be spotted, so they gave up the munch to throw us off the fact that it really was a task.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I just hate Phil Mitchell tbh. Grant is way better.

giphy.gif

Riz2xnOp_400x400.jpeg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    MAYBE HE SAID THAT BECAUSE YOUR GIFS ARE SH!T AND OTHER PEOPLE HAVE POSTED MUCH BETTER ONES.

:(:(

landscape-1452884036-soaps-eastenders-peggy-mitchell-828383838.jpg

Desmond WW wrote: »

Letter dies too?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

About 450 of them are asking you to explain things

Has a WW thread ever breached the 10,000 limit?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It would depend on how deep they go with the game but potentially. If someone has actually said they have a letter though we can't ignore how they have interacted with others or continue to do so even though if your right now we could argueably table the notion till we time travel again. I feel like on Day 1 we won't be jumping around too much more though

Yeah but i just don't want the letter to be a distraction either, Gerties interaction has been minimal even with this important piece of information on the table. If she's legit she's a target. If she's not she's derailed us for hours

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I'll put in a provisional FFA for now.

1. Gertie. Something doesn't sit right with the letter reveal.
    2. Derry. Too eager and seems to have created division. Whether he's right or wrong remains to be seen.
    3. ?

What if someone dies in 1985..... can someone go back and change history to save them ?

Plenty of possibilities but hard to execute from a mod perspective no?

I'm going to wait a bit to put in an FFA if it's ok haven't been actively involved long enough to get a great read on how wolfie you all are although some stood out for being of solid mind but even that doesn't mean anyone is def team Village yet either.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Letter dies too?

Seems like a waste

Half are Derry

She dies and the letter dies with her id presume, that's if she's legit

This is a really cool narrative we have invented. If its not true, i bet the mods are kicking themselves they didnt think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Half are Derry

The Derry character had only a couple of posts before this GIF reincarnation tore the hole off its post count.

Letter could be good or bad too, but I don't know if I'd kill her given she may have the letter and nobody has counter claimed, don't know if I would have been highlighting that option either though.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I'll put in a provisional FFA for now.

As opposed to a Real FFA.

Provisional FFA

Real FFA.

No?

The Troubles. The IRA? Ah im wasted on ye lads.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Half are Derry

The other half are Henry arguing with Derry

latest?cb=20130104014049

Not important, what is important is your reasons for withholding info. Give us some idea of your thought process so you don't end up on a one way path to the noose. If you don't want to reveal contents fair enough but it's hard to accept on here. Why bother revealing in the first place

Liam WW wrote: »
    About 450 of them are asking you to explain things

Funny you of all people to reply to this.

My most suss is brendan at the moment. Still catching up.

My = I'm

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    @Riona

The Biff Giff was because it was confirmed Biff missed a chance to recruit and to kill but hasn’t done either. I thought it was funny but nobody is finding anything fluffy funny. Except Phil Mitchell who seems to get a pass with 2431 GIFs of him doing What Mitchell’s do

As for Clodagh , I’m picking somebody like I have to and there are one or two things that served me Well in other towns that makes me feel that this person is shifty. Not enough to lynch after a few days so no point in confidently trying to convince others to get on board. But it’s enough for a first day Lynch where people generally have SFA to go on.

Yeah but one of those posts about Clodagh was last night when we didn't have to pick anyone. And why would Clodagh's behaviour in 'other towns' serve you well in this game? It's likely a completely different player using the name now than in those other towns. I don't think Clodagh has given nearly enough away yet in this game for another player to pick up on their real Boards identity.

The Biff Gif - I know Biff missed out on a kill, but what you posted described what should be very obvious thoughts for a villager. It was just an example I was giving of some fluffy posting.

I dunno about anyone else's reasoning, but I found it funny that 'Phil' in the anon game had a designated Phil Mitchell gif for every comment coming his way. It got old, but I thought it was a good one for the first 54,822 gifs.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    My thoughts:

Steve - posting a lot of sense, now that he's posting properly.
    Isla - x
    Derry - probably too noisy to be a wolf
    Barbara - one single post
    Abi - x
    Des - helpful, logical, seems to post sense
    Henry - other than his brawl with Derry can't actually get a feel for any substance to him yet
    Angus - x
    Eva - x
    Ewan - x
    Mary - decent enough posts so far
    Liam - x
    Gabriel - x
    Riona - liking her posts, comes across as helpful, and saying this in the full knowledge that she suspects me.
    Holly - x
    Nigel - x
    Phil - quieter today than yesterday, not a whole lot of substance to his posts, but nothing suspicious either, a wolf probably wouldn't have come in blaring so much
    Frank - x
    Fiona - x
    Orla - x
    Doris - x
    Katie - rather suspicious, pops up when her lack of posting is commented on, makes fluffy and repetitive points
    Brendan - x
    Clodagh - x
    Gertrude - I'd be inclined to think her announcement of the letter was about being an unsure newbie. If she thinks it best to keep the letter quiet for now then that's for her to decide. I'm not going to cast shade at her for that choice

So, a lot of players I'm very unsure about. A few I've good vibes about. And a few in betweeners.

A tentative #FFA1 therefore would be:
    Katie - per above
    Barbara - at worst we off an uninterested, unhelpful player
    Eva - really just chosen at random from those marked x as nothing to go on

Ah good man Conor, I have no idea what you are talking about :pac:

Yeah, that was you I was referring to, and in my opening post last night too. Just you were very present and helpful in the opening hours of the game only to disappear since then. Before I got sidetracked with Nigel, I was going to look back at those posts of yours in more detail.

Now that you are here, I probably won't do that now. But it is interesting that you are taking note of suspicion thrown your way, even when you're not named in the post(s) :D

Not important, what is important is your reasons for withholding info. Give us some idea of your thought process so you don't end up on a one way path to the noose. If you don't want to reveal contents fair enough but it's hard to accept on here. Why bother revealing in the first place

Its not what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'm not really buying Brendan's theory on Mary doing a task. I reckon no munch means no task.

But ...

*if* there was some merit to it, then I did spot a potential task from her on Day 0.

Advertisement