Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Right Steve:

For phil I am in complete agreement about getting the lower posters more active but that isn’t a reason for lynching them.

Yourself: Agree with the reasoning for FFAs and also the theory about Gerty being quiet after finding the letter.

For Brendan, Liam, Eva and previously Riona its just a read I have of how they are trying to progress the game. As far as I can see there has been rather little fluff with them.

We have so little to go on but for the moment I am going to go with my gut and choose the following #FFA1

Orla: Posts saying she wanted to get involved earlier but then barely makes an appearance other than to fluff up her pillows

Frank: Almost anonymous throughout. Says this morning that he is here and raring to go but only give a couple of posts questioning the conversion, with a weak theory in my opinion and then dissapears

Mary: Like I said I dont get a good feeling reading her posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

Steve - for bumping Brendan's theory about me having the task when nobody else was listening.

Fiona - jumps on the Mary train

??? - Whovere was getting heat before I was thrown in a distraction.

Derry, do you have that info for my No3?

Not really tbh. Can have a look back though if you like.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

#FFA1

Steve - for bumping Brendan's theory about me having the task when nobody else was listening.

You mention Brendans theory a reason for Steve, whats your thoughts on Brendan?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

FFA1

Katie
    Desmond
    Conor

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm still trying to fully grasp what exactly Mary did here, I'm a bit slow to follow on this, but it seems like she has been busy for the village. Good stuff if so Mary.

I've to head off now for a bit, but I've my FFA posted up above.

I said last night it was like “looking for a needle in a haystack “. Brendan thought the phrase was my task.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Not really tbh. Can have a look back though if you like.

Please. Just be interesting to see who was getting heat before me.

As in ffa votes

Henry WW wrote: »
    You mention Brendans theory a reason for Steve, whats your thoughts on Brendan?

I’m giving him the benefit of looking for the task too.

For now.

Now, Hollys Current FFA
    Holly WW wrote: »
    We have so little to go on but for the moment I am going to go with my gut and choose the following #FFA1

Orla: Posts saying she wanted to get involved earlier but then barely makes an appearance other than to fluff up her pillows

Frank: Almost anonymous throughout. Says this morning that he is here and raring to go but only give a couple of posts questioning the conversion, with a weak theory in my opinion and then dissapears

Her earlier provisional one
    Ill be putting up an FFA later anyway. Even if we dont use them I think its useful to have out there.

Here are my thoughts on a few players so far. Still reading back so will add to this later on

Gerty - Very suspicious that she hasnt posted since getting the letter (Possible block/mind control by Biff as mentioned before)

Henry & Derry - Havent a clue what to make of any of it. I believe that the low posters should be questioned but disagree that they should be instantly thrown under the bus (NOT SAYING YOU SAID THAT DERRY)

Riona - I like reading your posts. Seem well thought out and genuinely helpful in nature for the village

Whats changed Holly, 3 different names.

Why those names
    Isla WW wrote: »
    FFA1

Katie
    Desmond
    Conor

Why those names

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Right Steve:

For phil I am in complete agreement about getting the lower posters more active but that isn’t a reason for lynching them.

Yourself: Agree with the reasoning for FFAs and also the theory about Gerty being quiet after finding the letter.

For Brendan, Liam, Eva and previously Riona its just a read I have of how they are trying to progress the game. As far as I can see there has been rather little fluff with them.

That's a long ass post about nothing.

Now, Hollys Current FFA

First one wasnt an FFA. Said it was just thoughts on players. Then posted again with thoughts on more players. Then posted my FFA

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Katie - rather suspicious, pops up when her lack of posting is commented on, makes fluffy and repetitive points

That's a bit harsh. Fluffy??

Gonna be honest here lads. I think I bit off more than I can chew here. Can't keep up with the thread. No way can I read 1,000 posts in a day never mind contribute something of value.

With respect to top 3 I have no idea. With little basis behind it I am gonna say
    Gertrude
    Liam
    Henry

What does FFA mean??:o

Keep going Katie it gets less daunting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Katie WW wrote: »

The three you're most suspicious of being a wolf. Data from everybody's then gets collated and the top three nominees are then raced in the lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Ill be putting up an FFA later anyway. Even if we dont use them I think its useful to have out there.

Here are my thoughts on a few players so far. Still reading back so will add to this later on

Gerty - Very suspicious that she hasnt posted since getting the letter (Possible block/mind control by Biff as mentioned before)

Henry & Derry - Havent a clue what to make of any of it. I believe that the low posters should be questioned but disagree that they should be instantly thrown under the bus (NOT SAYING YOU SAID THAT DERRY)

Riona - I like reading your posts. Seem well thought out and genuinely helpful in nature for the village
    Now, Hollys Current FFA

First one wasnt an FFA. Said it was just thoughts on players. Then posted again with thoughts on more players. Then posted my FFA

Thought that was clear enough Henry with the first one listing Riona and saying that she liked her posting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Did you vote in the lynch, so soon? But you haven't really discussed any strategies or...anything really in the game. A lowish post count of mostly gifs, a question to clarify the rules, and a couple of very hollow 'this seems wolfy' posts on a target which someone else already jumped on. So far, your posts are a bit fluffy and it seems to be going under the radar.

Who would be more concerned about the voting results being revealed, a villager or a wolf?

Then there was a bit of a jump on Clodagh yesterday, after Derry got some steam going about the low posters. No elaboration, just...

...@Derry yesterday when he was talking about Clodagh thanking the OP, but her not posting in the thread for a while.

@Cloddagh again, who was simply saying that she 'wasn't hiding', as someone else had put it to her. That makes for a very wolfy post? Hmm.

That struck me as weird, a bit like a private joke between a very few people.

I'm not saying you're a wolf Nigel, but so far it's very hard to get a read on what exactly you are.
    Yeah but one of those posts about Clodagh was last night when we didn't have to pick anyone. And why would Clodagh's behaviour in 'other towns' serve you well in this game? It's likely a completely different player using the name now than in those other towns. I don't think Clodagh has given nearly enough away yet in this game for another player to pick up on their real Boards identity.

The Biff Gif - I know Biff missed out on a kill, but what you posted described what should be very obvious thoughts for a villager. It was just an example I was giving of some fluffy posting.

I dunno about anyone else's reasoning, but I found it funny that 'Phil' in the anon game had a designated Phil Mitchell gif for every comment coming his way. It got old, but I thought it was a good one for the first 54,822 gifs.

Ah good man Conor, I have no idea what you are talking about :pac:

Yeah, that was you I was referring to, and in my opening post last night too. Just you were very present and helpful in the opening hours of the game only to disappear since then. Before I got sidetracked with Nigel, I was going to look back at those posts of yours in more detail.

Now that you are here, I probably won't do that now. But it is interesting that you are taking note of suspicion thrown your way, even when you're not named in the post(s) :D
    Here's my #FFA...

1. Katie. I laid out the reasons earlier when I tried to get some discussion out of her. All she gave me back was faff about faffing about.

2. Nigel. Reasons laid out already and his response to me did little to ease my suspicions.

3. Gertrude. I haven't laid out reasons yet, but the letter business is hard to ignore. What a scintillating, teasing OP about the letter - 'So what should I do with this letter?' - to get little follow-up on it raises questions. Just not enough questions yet for Gertrude to be top of my FFA. I'll give her time to help us understand wtf is going on.

Conor was making me cast an eye in his direction earlier, but since he's appeared in the thread this evening he seems like someone who is genuinely trying to help the village and look at a few different possibilities. As opposed to just appearing, seeing what's the hot topic, agreeing with it and/or post some fluff. There have been a few examples of that today. 2 of them are in my FFA.
    I'm still trying to fully grasp what exactly Mary did here, I'm a bit slow to follow on this, but it seems like she has been busy for the village. Good stuff if so Mary.

I've to head off now for a bit, but I've my FFA posted up above.

I don’t think you are slow...

Oh Katie

Gonna be honest here lads. I think I bit off more than I can chew here. Can't keep up with the thread. No way can I read 1,000 posts in a day never mind contribute something of value.

With respect to top 3 I have no idea. With little basis behind it I am gonna say
    Gertrude
    Liam
    Henry

So Ive more or less stated your my main woman I wanna lynch, I state my reasoning and then you post this....

Why those 3..... Are you actually going to contribute ?

If you cant read be bothered to read teh thread, your FFA means nothing.

This after you posted fluff and then warned us about fluffy posters.

Im voting Katie

Phil WW wrote: »
    Thought that was clear enough Henry with the first one listing Riona and saying that she liked her posting.

Right you are.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Haha. I am guaranteed to do the same at some point
    Look out for people just posting without saying anything to increase their count ahead of voting.

Gertrude
    Liam
    Henry

Not buying the new player mullarkey off the first two above posts Katie...

*sigh* Why do I have to agree with Henry now?

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Not buying the new player mullarkey off the first two above posts Katie...

*sigh* Why do I have to agree with Henry now?

Crickey *rubs eyes*,

Note : Ive voted now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Where did Liam go

So are we using FFAs or not for the vote? Im heading to work shortly and wont have access to this for a couple of hours at least

Wait Gerty, can you give us more insight to your letter claim this morning and why you havent been more clear about the situation. Im starting to trust you less and less

Obviously ive voted, Im happy with my FFA thoughts but voting as I see it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

#FFA1

Excuse me? I didn't bump it. Quite the opposite. I asked did anyone else rate it (so that we can go with it or, more likely disspel it). It was raised by someone else so you need to go back and do your homework again Missy.

Really wondering about your concern about Liam too Gerty, why is that?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I was mulling over if I would post this for a while but having looked closer I will.
    I'm just trying to make sense of this morning's game actions...

Are we assuming that there was no munch this morning and there was no task completed in-thread by the wolves? Now we're wondering what the implications of Marty's actions are and how he managed to do it. Is there any way that those two events could be tied together? The second could be an effect of the first?

What if there was an attempted kill this morning; LoughC has since said 'no kill', but he didn't say that there wasn't an attempt at one.

In that case, let's say the wolves by pure chance chose to munch the player who is Marty. What if Marty has protection against one kill attempt as a special power? Not only that, but the kill attempt triggers a conversion for Marty and the village? Biff feeling a 'betrayal' alludes to a conversion.

But in that case, Marty (and the village) would be too powerful, wouldn't they? That depends on what this special power of Biff's turns out to be.

I may be way off here, just trying to figure out what happened in the last few hours.

Well look, let's keep it out there in the meantime and see what the low posters (including myself) have to contribute and say for themselves between now and voting time.

You never know, yourself and Henry's debate could provide a nugget or two. At the least, it's pushing up the thread post-count :pac:
    Ah, I totally forgot about 'lazy'. Yes, that indeed suggests that Biff failed to do the task. Thanks Holly.

So, there was no attempted munch, no protection, no retaliation conversion by Marty.

Marty's dash to the past was completely his own action apparently.

That at least saves me from going back to yesterday's posts and looking at them yet again to try to identify a task which isn't there.

These posts on there own dont look like too much but given I believe Riona to have completed a task later, she may have been distancing herself from tasks or being a little too clever for her own good.

The following 3 posts are the ones which I think were the task.

They would be along the lines of my own thoughts on Derry. That alpha, 'listen up village, here's what we need to do' attitude so early in a game can be a red flag for me. I said as much in my OP last night without directly naming Derry.

However, he has drawn discussion out of quite a few of us and there is more food for thought in the thread now because of that.

Even if Derry is a wolf and his posts turn out to be not genuine and are an attempt to mislead the village, the discussion he encourages from other posters could still prove useful for the village.

With such a big roster of players, I'd like to think that there would be room for Hill Valley Mayor Goldie Wilson. I'm not sure what role he would take up for the village, but he's a character I could see being introduced if the mods have more in the pipeline.

When I said 'alpha' in my post, I meant it in the 'alpha male' context rather than wolf. Like if we all ended up stranded on a deserted island tomorrow, who out of the group would be the one to be the most outspoken and try to lead us and steer us? That sort of 'alpha', rather a specific wolf role in the game.

I'm not sure Derry is a wolf at the moment, let alone the alpha.
    Ah right. I misunderstood in thinking that you misunderstood :)

So you are looking at reasons why Derry would be the alpha. Yes, his actions do make sense from that point of view. Could be something to consider.

Tell you what, let's cut out pages and pages of investigating, and just ask him...

HEY...DERRY, you the alpha, mate? Now, be honest.

I will agree that there's a caustic nature to Henry's posts to Derry which doesn't seem to be there in other critics of Derry. Language like "foolish wannabe" is just an example.

If I was to go heavy on someone like that in this game, I'm going to be laying down what I think is solid reasoning behind it. Henry, I can't see why you are so wound up with Derry, why you think his strategies are "ill-thought" and "foolish" or why he is a "moron".

I can see reasons to criticise and suspect, but why are you going all-in on Derry, and with such heavy language, so early in the game when there's not a lot to go on?

These posts are very near to the other and all contain the word Alpha she went out of here way IMO to fit them in a times (I highlighted them for clarity)

Riona only arrived on the scene late last night may explain why the werewolfs missed the much as the task could have been too hard to complete when there was little posting going on

Given the nature (use of the word Alpha) of this potential task I'm happier to point it out to try out a wolf as opposed a good roled player, When added to the timeline of the events it means I'll be voting for Riona tonight at least

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Really wondering about your concern about Liam too Gerty, why is that?

Im sorry but I cant take your name seriously anymore thanks to Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Advertisement