Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Brilliant spot potentially Angus

Call me stupid, but whats Kingdom come :.... goe sto google machine

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

That's... actually... a decent spot Abigail.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I was mulling over if I would post this for a while but having looked closer I will.

These posts on there own dont look like too much but given I believe Riona to have completed a task later, she may have been distancing herself from tasks or being a little too clever for her own good.

The following 3 posts are the ones which I think were the task.

These posts are very near to the other and all contain the word Alpha she went out of here way IMO to fit them in a times (I highlighted them for clarity)

Riona only arrived on the scene late last night may explain why the werewolfs missed the much as the task could have been too hard to complete when there was little posting going on

Given the nature (use of the word Alpha) of this potential task I'm happier to point it out to try out a wolf as opposed a good roled player, When added to the timeline of the events it means I'll be voting for Riona tonight at least

For the record, Riona only started focusing on me when I singled out Clodagh.

Or Angus, whatever

• Advertisement

Alpha twice in two seperate posts... Man that's a great spot.

Doesnt look good for Riona, what times were the posts at containing Alpha Angus

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Alpha twice in two seperate posts... Man that's a great spot.

It's Alpha once in two posts and twice in another.

Phil WW wrote: »

You been drinking again Phil?

Read the quote again.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Phil WW wrote: »

its 4 Alphas over the course of 5 posts but there is also another alpha in there in a quoted post from someone else which makes 5 alphas in 5 posts I think

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    They would be along the lines of my own thoughts on Derry. That alpha, 'listen up village, here's what we need to do' attitude so early in a game can be a red flag for me. I said as much in my OP last night without directly naming Derry.

However, he has drawn discussion out of quite a few of us and there is more food for thought in the thread now because of that.

Even if Derry is a wolf and his posts turn out to be not genuine and are an attempt to mislead the village, the discussion he encourages from other posters could still prove useful for the village.
    I don't think that possibility was mentioned or considered yet, nice one.
    Just being objective and stating my thoughts. You've been very present and outspoken since the game began. It's going to attract discussion. If my last post is the worst I can say about you at the moment, you're grand.

Is it possible that she is being mind-controlled or being prevented from posting by some other power?

- Gerty Gets letter
    - Announces it in thread
    - Biff/wolve sees this quickly, swoops in with mind-control to say "no you don't"

???
    With such a big roster of players, I'd like to think that there would be room for Hill Valley Mayor Goldie Wilson. I'm not sure what role he would take up for the village, but he's a character I could see being introduced if the mods have more in the pipeline.

When I said 'alpha' in my post, I meant it in the 'alpha male' context rather than wolf. Like if we all ended up stranded on a deserted island tomorrow, who out of the group would be the one to be the most outspoken and try to lead us and steer us? That sort of 'alpha', rather a specific wolf role in the game.

I'm not sure Derry is a wolf at the moment, let alone the alpha.
    Ah right. I misunderstood in thinking that you misunderstood :)

So you are looking at reasons why Derry would be the alpha. Yes, his actions do make sense from that point of view. Could be something to consider.

Tell you what, let's cut out pages and pages of investigating, and just ask him...

HEY...DERRY, you the alpha, mate? Now, be honest.

I will agree that there's a caustic nature to Henry's posts to Derry which doesn't seem to be there in other critics of Derry. Language like "foolish wannabe" is just an example.

If I was to go heavy on someone like that in this game, I'm going to be laying down what I think is solid reasoning behind it. Henry, I can't see why you are so wound up with Derry, why you think his strategies are "ill-thought" and "foolish" or why he is a "moron".

I can see reasons to criticise and suspect, but why are you going all-in on Derry, and with such heavy language, so early in the game when there's not a lot to go on?

Think that's them all (14:17,14:22,14:28, 14:36:14.51), at least of the ones between the first and last mention of Alpha that I can see.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Or Angus, whatever

I hope you don’t think one of those are guilty. I can See you forgetting when on the voting page and you just go “ah whatever, one of them is guilty”...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Riona is also one of the three I’d tagged as having a pocketer amongst them based on the dynamic with Derry earlier.

its 4 Alphas over the course of 5 posts but there is also another alpha in there in a quoted post from someone else which makes 5 alphas in 5 posts I think

Seems to be seven uses of the word alpha by Riona. As in times she actually typed it.

Its a good spot. But is it enough to convict.

The A word is common enough to be fair.

Lets say its a task. Does that mean Gerts supposed letter is tainted by a wolf

You been drinking again Phil?

Read the quote again.

Seems I missed a lot, there were four mentions of alpha in one post. Angus why did you bold some Alphas and not others?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I was mulling over if I would post this for a while but having looked closer I will.

These posts on there own dont look like too much but given I believe Riona to have completed a task later, she may have been distancing herself from tasks or being a little too clever for her own good.

The following 3 posts are the ones which I think were the task.

These posts are very near to the other and all contain the word Alpha she went out of here way IMO to fit them in a times (I highlighted them for clarity)

Riona only arrived on the scene late last night may explain why the werewolfs missed the much as the task could have been too hard to complete when there was little posting going on

Given the nature (use of the word Alpha) of this potential task I'm happier to point it out to try out a wolf as opposed a good roled player, When added to the timeline of the events it means I'll be voting for Riona tonight at least

Sorry, maybe I'm being dim. The task was for before 10am this morning. So why would the use of the word Alpha today be deemed suspicious.

We already know what today's task was (posting "werewolf" done by Gertie - at least we assume so if we believe Gertie), and there's no reason to suppose the wolves have any other tasks to do - only their first munch was to be determined by task, afair?

Don't think the letter is tainted. Letter was sent before announcement of Biff's new power.

Now, the power could be in play preventing Gertie from revealing anything...

Its just the use of it though. Calling Derry the alpha of the group instead of leader or something as such .Now I know Alpha in that terms is common enough but surely playing in this game you would steer clear of it just in case?

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I'm being dim. The task was for before 10am this morning. So why would the use of the word Alpha today be deemed suspicious.

We already know what today's task was (posting "werewolf" done by Gertie - at least we assume so if we believe Gertie), and there's no reason to suppose the wolves have any other tasks to do - only their first munch was to be determined by task, afair?

There is a chance that there are evil tasks to be completed I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

If you cant read be bothered to read teh thread, your FFA means nothing.

Yeah I realise that. As I said I bit off more than I can chew. Last time I played there was about 500-600 posts in first 24 hours. Can't commit to 1,000 plus in 1 day

Conor WW wrote: »

Could they not have tasks to do for conversions? or maybe they got another shot at last nights one if they had been too busy day0?

Don't think the letter is tainted. Letter was sent before announcement of Biff's new power.

Now, the power could be in play preventing Gertie from revealing anything...

Look at us now, if only Desmond was here to see us.

Look at us now, if only Desmond was here to see us.

Careful or we'll be accused of concocting the whole thing...

200.gif

#FFA1

Gertrude - Not sure about this letter thing. I agree they have it but why not share (Perhaps they aren't allowed I suppose, but then why announce it)
    Henry - Thought that questioning of Holly was a tempt to throw suspicion on her
    Frank - talked about being raring to go, but hasn't really gone thus far

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Where did Liam go

Dinner :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

1. Katie
    2. Riona
    3. Des/Brendan

going to have to vote early so unless something changes my voting shuld match that a bit better than my previous one while catching up. If im not killed later ill be far more involved tommorrow too with better work hours etc but tbh Im just happy that Biff had a poor start / Marty a good one seemingly because almost everyone could be as dodgy as the next person. I'm not voting Gertie too but don't like the non replies to the letter Qs but think she probably has no choice atm

20 mins till FFA deadline. Still a few to come in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

20 mins till FFA deadline. Still a few to come in.

Pop Henry onto mine. #FFA1

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

What year are we in?

What year were we in?

Did Gert get the letter in 1985 and now as we are in 1955 not remember getting it - because he hasnt yet?

It it possible this has happened to just Gerty and not anyone else which is why he is denying having a letter?

Has anyone gone back in time we could identify as gerty?

Advertisement