Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

If someone brings up something about the letter worth discussing, we will. That doesnt appear to be the case at the moment, as you have said, Holly.

Something about the whole thing does irk me. Liam and Gertie were not on the most solid of footing even before the letter was explained. I dont have anything concrete on them though.

But yeah, happy to keep that in mind when reading their posts, but dont think further letter discussion is going to yield anything. Unless anyone wants to correct me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

I'd agree about the letter, if there is an option to pass then that should be discussed aswell other than that let it be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Sure there is not much we can discuss about it that hasn't been said already, we just need to remember that it is there.

I wonder what goodie / prize is up for grabs today.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I'd agree about the letter, if there is an option to pass then that should be discussed aswell other than that let it be

What difference would the option to pass make?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    Why are some people getting hung up on ewans death? It was an SK kill and they don’t care who they knock off.

That's not entirely true though Mary. They have an interest in killing off roled players.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    What difference would the option to pass make?

If it can be passed it's worth discussing it's implications, potential uses and who to send it to based on those implications

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I'd usually wait till we have new things to discuss before pushing something off the table but unless one of those two claify more we dont have much to go on. Did you have to wait to tell us about the letter Liam? you waited until after someone was munched to let the village have more info on a member of said village.

If it can be passed it's worth discussing it's implications, potential uses and who to send it to based on those implications

I'm not seeing it but by all means fire ahead.

Be interesting to hear why Gertie picked Liam.

I'm not seeing it but by all means fire ahead.

Be interesting to hear why Gertie picked Liam.

I think Gertie was getting heat at the time from Liam or something, can't recall 100% but she said she passed it to someone obvious IIRC

I meant from Gertie. In explicit terms. I remember the post you are referencing and that wasnt a clear cut answer. I want to hear why she didnt pick Henry or Derry or me or you or Des or Eva. I want to hear her take on the people in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I'd usually wait till we have new things to discuss before pushing something off the table but unless one of those two claify more we dont have much to go on. Did you have to wait to tell us about the letter Liam? you waited until after someone was munched to let the village have more info on a member of said village.

He didn’t know he’d received it as there is no Pm notification light on touch or dark skin format. He uses dark skin he said

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I have re-read Ewans posts - not much in them.

Alot about the letter and his suspects seemed to be Barbara, Doris & Fiona.

Phil WW wrote: »
    That's not entirely true though Mary. They have an interest in killing off roled players.

But when it comes to voting patterns the SK doesn’t really have to hide in the same manner as a team of wolves.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I have re-read Ewans posts - not much in them.

Alot about the letter and his suspects seemed to be Barbara, Doris & Fiona.

Babs we can effectively rule out based on the no vote last night. The other two I've no real read on either way, Fiona came across as a helpful villager yesterday but i dont remember Doris even posting tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

But when it comes to voting patterns the SK doesn’t really have to hide in the same manner as a team of wolves.

That is true but not exactly what I was talking about. But assuming it was random means we have nothing to go on. It may have been random of course. But maybe the SK thought they spotted something and decided to do something about it. I don't really remember anyone interacting much with Ewan though.

I agree with Phil's point. It may have been random and if it was, we get nothing from it.

But on the chance it wasnt, its worth investigating. We dont have many other leads to go on until 10am in fairness.

Fiona, what did you make of Ewan?

I agree with Phil's point. It may have been random and if it was, we get nothing from it.

But on the chance it wasnt, its worth investigating. We dont have many other leads to go on until 10am in fairness.

Fiona, what did you make of Ewan?

I'm honestly not sure if I was online at the same time as him, didn't have much of a read on him bar him doing the famous person gif thing

Right so can we verify that at all......*puts on sherlock holmes hat*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Odd? In what way? Pre and post lynch are usually very busy times and I like to analyse the posts?

Other than that yeah I'm not gettin to hung up on the activation, conversion would be more worrying but you also can't discount it out of hand either

Odd in that if someone wanted to sow a seed for later that they could walk away from once it took root it’s pretty effective. Not saying that’s what you are or aren’t doing however I’d prefer if you’d considered more than a single post by each given it’s at best tenuous- at very least check it back against past behaviours

Right so can we verify that at all......*puts on sherlock holmes hat*

Most of my time yesterday as Fiona was catching up on a thousand posts to be honest, there was a lot to read through. Work and my lady meant I wans't online much so I could have been online at the same time as anyone when I posted but Ewan did not stand out. Well he must have to someone.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Odd in that if someone wanted to sow a seed for later that they could walk away from once it took root it’s pretty effective. Not saying that’s what you are or aren’t doing however I’d prefer if you’d considered more than a single post by each given it’s at best tenuous- at very least check it back against past behaviours

What? I did exactly that, I quoted two posts that were very similar which said get him/her. I then posted they were out of kilter with his posting from the day when he stopped posting gif comments. Which they were.
    If you want, I vote on merits, I found the two posts odd and out of kilter with others youd posted. Would you not have pointed it out if you were in my shoes?

Also a cub was activated post lynch, I find that odd, I'm guessing it was triggered by something. If it's the jump in time then fine but is something causing the jumps in time?

I'm not really dwelling on it as I pointed it out and it might be something to come back to later following the munch

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Most of my time yesterday as Fiona was catching up on a thousand posts to be honest, there was a lot to read through. Work and my lady meant I wans't online much so I could have been online at the same time as anyone when I posted but Ewan did not stand out. Well he must have to someone.

Sunday when thread went live.
    Ewan: 5.36
    Fiona: 5.54

Posts between thread open and the below time are all pics and banter and fluff imo.

Asks for list of non-posters (Fiona not on this list at that time, so no connection there)

Clarifies posting pics isn’t a task.
    Clarifies rules around recruitment vs kill for munch.

Posting around 12
    Theory on Biff and Match. Doesn’t mention any posters.

Ewan posting yesterday at 1
    Responding to Holly, about the letter. No Fiona.

Tells Derry to stop swinging his dick around. Coming in on a bit of a bandwagon to shut Derry up at that stage.

Quizzing Gertie re: letter.
    Thanks me for adding him on my FFA as he was feeling ignored.

Responds to Derry calling him fluffy. Points out he has 20 posts at that stage.

Just before 4
    Letter is suss – only has Doris on FFA. Nothing concrete on anyone else at that stage.

Ewan yesterday at 4
    Brings up Barbs only post. Names Fiona in his FFA alongside Barbs and Doris.
    More letter talk, this time with Henry.
    Talking to me (Steve) about my theory on the wolves needing to make sure they made it to tomorrow. Semi defense of Gertie here. No Fiona.

Ewan posting yesterday evening around 7
    Mainly interacting regarding Gertie and the letter. No Fiona.

TL;DR
    No direct connection between Ewan and Fiona I can see. Only connection seems to be a lack of a connection (apart from the posts at thread opening). IMO, the kill was picked either at random or to appear random. The above analysis doesn’t clear Fiona; and also doesn’t clear Doris, as you can sub in every mention of Fiona above for Doris and it would still be true.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

What? I did exactly that, I quoted two posts that were very similar which said get him/her. I then posted they were out of kilter with his posting from the day when he stopped posting gif comments. Which they were.

I'm not really dwelling on it as I pointed it out and it might be something to come back to later following the munch

Yeah I get that but it’s not really my point. You gave us two posts by the same poster using a similar phrase and stated it was out of kilter for that poster. I’m asking, based on their post history how it’s out of kilter? Genuine question btw, please don’t Stop digging for leads because we question them deeper

That was quick Steve.

That was quick Steve.

Click on thread post count. Click on Ewans post count. Open each post in a different tab. Read each post and copy thoughts into word doc. Took me 14 minutes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

The letter came with two bullets, so pew pew. Gonna fire them before 10 in case I get lynched. Who gets pew pewed?

Not fair I want bullets.

Not in the head mind, still in the gun.

Haha fcuk, Liam. Why didnt you mention this before!?!?!

Gonna shoot Steve, cause he thanked the post first. Sorry Steve, say your goodbyes.

• Advertisement

MAry too cause she's on at lynch timeand she looked nervous too. Pew pew. Kill orders gone in.

Advertisement