Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Ah so you get the difference between asking is someone a wolf and telling them they are

Thank Christ someone does

First anger, now sarcasm. Interesting reaction to me challenging your contribution to the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Ah so you get the difference between asking is someone a wolf and telling them they are

Thank Christ someone does

There is a difference, but I note that you have evaded my question. Hmmm :rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    The mods said yesterday that a letter had been found, presumably when the task was complete. I'd imagine they might do something similar today.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    We were notified in a way about biff being lazy which we took to mean a task wasn't completed

Ok, but what does that mean for us, does Gertrude know what she did to get the letter? or are we all possibly completing tasks unbeknownst to ourselves?
    Am I wrong in thinking that the tasks can be for us or the baddies to win prizes?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Mmm we will see, will be watching your posts carefully.

as you should be, you should be watching everyone carefully!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Why Dorris or Frank?

Yeah, why Frank? :P
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Low posters, hiding in the shadows yet voting and not giving their thoughts so active enough for me to be suspicious. Doris was on a few FFAs yesterday too. We should look at who voted early yesterday and the single votes as there's gonna be a wolf or two there imo.

I'm here for the questioning and once caught up will be sharing my thoughts.

Doris's genie act is currently the only thing on my radar. Despite IRL problems she said she had she's obviously been following the thread enough to jump in when mended so maybe a wolf hiding in the BR not knowing what to say on thread

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Gotta say it did stand out to me that Eva started asking who wanted to search out certain things, not that I or anyone else has done all those things but your not showing yourself in a good light telling others to do instead of doing yourself

Well that’s easy, we’re supposed to be a village. If we win we work together. I wouldn’t expect anyone to just take one posters review of another at face value. What I did so is ask the village to actually work as one and not succumb to running around screaming that the sky’s falling in. And anyone who thinks that strange is not playing for the village

Doris WW wrote: »
    Ok, but what does that mean for us, does Gertrude know what she did to get the letter? or are we all possibly completing tasks unbeknownst to ourselves?
    Am I wrong in thinking that the tasks can be for us or the baddies to win prizes?

She's pretty sure she got it because she said werewolf yesterday morning, and I believe she was the first to do so.

The prizes seem to be able to be won by anyone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Early and single voters highlighted.

I voted at six bells iirc.

Yeah, why Frank? :P

I'm here for the questioning and once caught up will be sharing my thoughts.

Doris's genie act is currently the only thing on my radar. Despite IRL problems she said she had she's obviously been following the thread enough to jump in when mended so maybe a wolf hiding in the BR not knowing what to say on thread

I appreciate it looks like a genie act, but this is how my life is, i start work at 10, I'm not online much before that!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

giphy-5-1416595412.gif

Grays Sports Almanac has been found.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    giphy-5-1416595412.gif

The thick plottens.

The trends in your posts make for very interesting reading Eva. You certainly are an inquisitive one. Lazy inquisitive, but definitely inquisitive.

This is a game of questions ultimately

You can tell me if I’m lazy at the end. Preferably that happens quickly and with wolves and sk bleeding out on the floor.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Frank WW wrote:

I'd agree actually. Going off the votes Brendan and Orla should also be put under considerable pressure.

I can't remember anything worthwhile Orla has done aside from refuse to contribute an FFA (although that in itself is nothing)

Stick around Frank, get to know us better ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

The town folk have had enough of Biffs empire and have took upon themselves to try to topple the empire.

However if was hard for the townsfolk to determine who was on who's side so in temper they decided someone needed to be made an example of.

The village lynched Katie WW

Lynch results ; Katie (8) Henry, Conor, Fiona, Desmond, Ewan, Isla, Gabriel, Gertrude

Henry (6) Orla, Katie, brendan, Phil, Derry, Liam

Clodagh (2) Nigel, Abi

Gertrude (2) Clodagh, Doris

Riona (2) Angus, Eva

Doris (1) frank
    Ewan (1) Steve
    Nigel (1) Riona
    Orla (1) Holly
    Steve (1) Mary

1 DID not vote - Barbara
    Early and single voters highlighted.

A quick question, Steve. Early voters are an interesting theory but how are you determining the early voters? Are you assuming that they just voted before the others but without knowing exactly how early?

Maybe the letter or other letters can be won using other werewolf terminology

Lynch
    Seer
    Priest
    Vigilante
    Munch
    Apprentice
    Backroom

This is a game of questions ultimately

You can tell me if I’m lazy at the end. Preferably that happens quickly and with wolves and sk bleeding out on the floor.

Another deflection. Just come out and say why you cant/wont do any research work yourself Eva. Stop tip toeing around it. Its not just me asking now.

giphy-5-1416595412.gif

Ah interesting. From memory this was about telling the future in the move. Not necessarily useful in 2015 though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Okay so which of you people that were shouting out Flux Capacitor and the like wants to claim to have that... actually wait I doubt anyone will till the work out how to use it. If you do please let us know all you can dont confuse an already confused village more if your good

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    A quick question, Steve. Early voters are an interesting theory but how are you determining the early voters? Are you assuming that they just voted before the others but without knowing exactly how early?

Basically. I did the Katie voters up until Ewan, because he is dead, but ive no idea when he voted, but just in terms of logistics, looking at the first half of the katie voters is more managable.

Same with the Henry voters.

The people who had 2 votes, i have no clue how to approximate the time.

The single voters is a good idea, as wolves can jump off a bandwagon onto someone in left field, just to appear not to be bangwagoning.

Phil WW wrote: »
    There is a difference, but I note that you have evaded my question. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Your question is answered but ok I’ll be more detailed. You’re a wolf is a direct accusation, it can only be answered directly. Are you a wolf is more subtle and how someone answers it is potentially useful.

In Steve’s case I don’t actually believe he’s a wolf. Arrogant villager yes but wolf no. His answers today reinforces that for me. That doesn’t mean I’m not reviewing his other posts but it does help

• Advertisement

Ah interesting. From memory this was about telling the future in the move. Not necessarily useful in 2015 though

Good point. In the films, it was useful after another trip back to 1955.

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a Marty/Biff backroom thing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

The single voters is a good idea, as wolves can jump off a bandwagon onto someone in left field, just to appear not to be bangwagoning.

At this early stage I would've thought a good bandwagon would be perfect for the wolves, its as the game goes on that that becomes more suspicious

Your question is answered but ok I’ll be more detailed. You’re a wolf is a direct accusation, it can only be answered directly. Are you a wolf is more subtle and how someone answers it is potentially useful.

In Steve’s case I don’t actually believe he’s a wolf. Arrogant villager yes but wolf no. His answers today reinforces that for me. That doesn’t mean I’m not reviewing his other posts but it does help

I mean you have not answered my original question. Are you a wolf? That's twice now that you haven't answered Eva. Shall it be a third?

I've already said I understand the difference between a statement and a question. You seem not to get that a question is looking for a response.

Guess who won the Almanac

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Basically. I did the Katie voters up until Ewan, because he is dead, but ive no idea when he voted, but just in terms of logistics, looking at the first half of the katie voters is more managable.

Same with the Henry voters.

OK. Thanks for that.

Early voters could easily be wolves - they can easily vote early as they don't have the confusion that us NRVs have.

As you say there is no way to determine the timing - unless an NRV is in the list and can confirm their voting time - otherwise they votes could be simply be just one second apart (unlikely but not impossible).

At this early stage I would've thought a good bandwagon would be perfect for the wolves, its as the game goes on that that becomes more suspicious

We had a bandwagon but then people started jumping off Katie after her nifty rap.

In that case, a wolf will panic, and with no clear 2nd place alternative to jump onto, will go left field.

Above is all IMO of course - and not fool proof. Maybe some of team wolf stayed on Katie, maybe all did. Its just an idea and as Derry said, worth investigating with the players highlighted in bold. See if their stories stack up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    What can you tell us that you wouldn't want a wolf to know?

Henry WW wrote: »

No way!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    as you should be, you should be watching everyone carefully!

Just one last question for now. If you weren't online much yesterday - what was your reasoning for voting for Gertie?

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    What can you tell us that you wouldn't want a wolf to know?

Well I know its powers, I dont know how I won it.

Its pretty useful

Advertisement