Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I think ill just randomly pick someone and hope for the best.

Sound fair.....

On the off chance yo do catch a baddie maybe we should get ffas in before a bandwaggon can form from your results

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    And what do you make of that Steve? It doesnt sound to me like a task. If shot and triggered had been in consecutive posts by the same poster then possibly.

Ive also searched the thread for

1) 'Yellow' - Used once by Fiona yesterday but in relation to the avatars

2) 'Belly' - Used by you talking about fluff

3) 'Chicken' - Used by Doris directed at Biff after no munch yesterday

Dont see anything in it at all

My analysis is tenuous, but im at a loss as to what to look for. An SK task is worth finding, although maybe not as much as it would have, since even if we find 1 SK, the other one still gets their kill (whereas if we got them yesterday, there would have been no sk kill). So the above quick analysis is useful, as it eliminates some of the more common words i would have associated with the characer......but yeah not seeing much in the results unfortunately.

Isla WW wrote: »
    On the off chance yo do catch a baddie maybe we should get ffas in before a bandwaggon can form from your results

Great shout.

Could mention of Almanac have activated the Almanac, but only given it to a predetermined person? Not the person who said the word?

Worth noting for future village tasks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Gertie can you paraphrase the instructions you were given for the letter. Did you get a full choice of content and recipient?

I've said this many times.

Send a letter to anyone before 9pm. I sent to Liam.

I presume I just lose the ability after 9pm, I didn't clarify this.

Text is capped at 140 characters. Liam clarified this.

I presumed it was sent instantly, it was.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Isla WW wrote:
    Henry i think you should peek derry

Waste of a peek but fire ahead if you really want.

Reasons for peeking me? What are you doing to help the village exactly Isla?

Should Henry peek you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Well.... knock yourselves out.

Ill keep my FFA out of the way until after my peek. Dont want wolves knowing who I may suspect myself in case I peek a rolled goodie.

Your suggestion, wanna take the lead and give us your FFA first?

Steve WW wrote: »
    You can put as much weight in my assertions i am an NRV as you can in the question Eva asked about whether im a wolf. What a silly question.

Im posting away here today because ive nothing to lose. Im just a NRV. Im just looking at peoples posts, saying my thoughts and asking questions. I dont get why Eva is up in a flap about that.

Ego leading to deaths? Where Eva, where?

Ive no problem with us going with a strategy - ive probably been going for the strategy you have now proposed since before you started posting today, but dont be so lazy as to just hand out jobs. Do some work yourself.

You're like a broken record. You talk a lot with saying very little.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

@Henry - does your peek result in just good/bad or do you get to find the role (if any)?

• Advertisement

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    @Henry - does your peek result in just good/bad or do you get to find the role (if any)?

Judging by the fact im told if Bif comes back as an NRV, I assume I get full role.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Derry - do you still have the list of FFA's from yesterday? Is there anyone that voted for someone not on their FFA?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    It's an extra peek so might as well try to find a baddy with same.

I get that it's an extra peek. I'm wondering why now that we have an extra peek you want it used in a way that goes against your previous thoughts - peek high posters and lynch low ones. That seemed almost fundamental to your whole play in this game so far. At least it was yesterday morning. What has changed?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ffa 2

Derry - vocal, taking leadership stance, defensive, has changed tact since new wolfs/sk came into play

Riona - too diplomatic, possible pocting attempts early on

Desmond - possible sk flying under radar keeping posts up but not drawing much attention

#ffa2

Derry - Didnt like his slip up after the lynch. Big change in posting style now today. Being much more cautious in his approach.

Gabriel -Laying seeds for later. Very shrewd wolf move, and he was quick to hedge his bets when he was questioned on it.

Orla - Mega Fluff alert. Was on my list yesterday as well, so no change for my reasoning. She is adding nothing, and is possibly just laying low and coasting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    They are posting just enough to not have major heat but they haven't really added much and if that doesn't change and the village does not get new leads they should be looked at.

I'm still catching up to be fair, so far my reads are thus:
    As I've mentioned Doris was doing the genie yesterday and continues to do it today, including just popping in to defend herself on genie accusations which is really not helping her case. I believe her to be lurking in a backroom and no following along well enough to post.

Derry's change in posting style from yesterday is odd. I thought initially that he was being too loud to be a wolf without tripping over himself, but he may have started slipping and stopped himself, hence being different today.

Orla's posted even less than I have but I don't necessarily think that's the sign of a wolf. More likely signs of new and confused players or those who are just not into the game

Derry WW wrote: »
    FFAS Night 1:

Player Vote 1 Vote 2 Vote 3
    Derry WW Henry Katie Clodagh
    Eva WW Doris Nigel Riona
    Steve WW Katie Ewan Orla
    Nigel WW Clodagh
    Ewan WW Doris Barbara Fiona
    Abigail WW Clodagh Henry Derry
    Liam WW Henry Conor Gertrude
    Brendan WW Mary Abigail Henry
    Conor WW Katie Barbara Eva
    Desmond WW Katie Abigail Angus
    Clodagh WW Gertrude Derry
    Fiona WW Katie Riona Desmond
    Henry WW Katie Nigel
    Gabriel WW Gertrude Katie Derry
    Riona WW Katie Nigel Gertrude
    Mary WW Steve Fiona
    Isla WW Katie Desmond Conor
    Holly WW Orla Frank Mary
    Katie WW Gertrude Liam Henry
    Phil WW Gertrude Henry Frank
    Angus WW Riona
    Loughc wrote: »

The village lynched Katie WW

Lynch results ; Katie (8) Henry, Conor, Fiona, Desmond, Ewan, Isla, Gabriel, Gertrude

Henry (6) Orla, Katie, brendan, Phil, Derry, Liam

Clodagh (2) Nigel, Abi

Gertrude (2) Clodagh, Doris

Riona (2) Angus, Eva

Doris (1) frank
    Ewan (1) Steve
    Nigel (1) Riona
    Orla (1) Holly
    Steve (1) Mary

1 DID not vote - Barbara

Everyone voted for someone within their FFAs.

Ffa 2

Derry - vocal, taking leadership stance, defensive, has changed tact since new wolfs/sk came into play

Desmond - possible sk flying under radar keeping posts up but not drawing much attention

You haven't been on my radar at all but second time you have put me in your FFA. I am just a normal villager trying to keep the peace!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

It's still too early for me to do up an FFA but im curious to hear more from a few like Orla and Doris. I see what people are saying about Derry's posting style and given he drew heat on himself after lynch I can see him being an early favorite.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Oral in a word. Fluff

Joins late, blames logon issues

Next 6 posts are disinterested. Real fluff stuff

Then tells us they’re wary of doing gas as it might help wolves (seriously? That’s crackers tbh). Later refuses to submit one

Only post of any meaning is to vote Henry....which she admits is a shot in the dark

Overall there’s nothing there. Absolutely zero. Just coating along. Could be wolf or could be disinterested villager

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Everyone voted for someone within their FFAs.

Well except Ewan but as he is no longer with us its not much of a lead.

Frank WW wrote: »
    I'm still catching up to be fair, so far my reads are thus:
    As I've mentioned Doris was doing the genie yesterday and continues to do it today, including just popping in to defend herself on genie accusations which is really not helping her case. I believe her to be lurking in a backroom and no following along well enough to post.

Derry's change in posting style from yesterday is odd. I thought initially that he was being too loud to be a wolf without tripping over himself, but he may have started slipping and stopped himself, hence being different today.

Orla's posted even less than I have but I don't necessarily think that's the sign of a wolf. More likely signs of new and confused players or those who are just not into the game

possible awoken wolf perhaps

Steve's been a bit of a cowboy today with keeping the post count up but not being very helpful from what I can tell

Eva seems to be being actually helpful

That's it on my reads for now in trying to catch up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Oral in a word. Fluff

Joins late, blames logon issues

Next 6 posts are disinterested. Real fluff stuff

Then tells us they’re wary of doing gas as it might help wolves (seriously? That’s crackers tbh). Later refuses to submit one

Only post of any meaning is to vote Henry....which she admits is a shot in the dark

Overall there’s nothing there. Absolutely zero. Just coating along. Could be wolf or could be disinterested villager

what is doing gas? or am I accidentally being annoying over a typo?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Or should i save it for later in the day im case a situation developed.....

I hate having power

I’d wait till nearer lynch. By all means have someone provisionally but a lot can happen in the next few hours. Your call though

I reckon she meant FFA's and it auto-corrected?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

what is doing gas?

I think it's an autocorrect for FFA.

what is doing gas? or am I accidentally being annoying over a typo?

Gas is autocorrect :(

FFAs

I’d wait till nearer lynch. By all means have someone provisionally but a lot can happen in the next few hours. Your call though

If we're going with FFAs might be worth doing it after FFAs are in. But then if you'll only tell us if its a baddie it might not be worth it

• Advertisement

Ffa 2

Replace Riona and Desmond with half of the players its also true

Advertisement