Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I posted more than gifs yesterday and today. I'll admit the first day was nearly all gifs but that's the nature of day one. You could make the argument to lynch me based on that though, feel free.

I'm not having a go at any change in rate of posting or even style if posting. So it's nothing to do with anything outside this game. My question was based on why the big change in your belief that we should peek high and lynch low.

Explained that already and not going over it verbatim.

Strategy has not changed. Seer should continue as normal.

The extra peek can be used to take out one if not two of the lower posters. So for example, if Orla is peeked and returns as evil we have a clear lynch.

If she returns as clear we lynch Doris.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Finally caught up... jaysus you guys talk an awful lot of ****. I initially thought Steve was just making noise but did some decent sleuthing recently. I'm slightly suss of him though. I think it was initially born out of pure frustration but I can't shake the feeling. He seems to know an awful lot about these tasks and is coming across as very helpful to the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    If Shaymus interrogates the priest or seer then they lose their power that night, so should not aim to find them, if possible.

There is now two SKs (one team, two players, I reckon) so inviting one in won't stop tonight's kill. I also reckon there's no onus on the invitee to tell the truth in their role. It'll be up to Shaymus to interrogate the truth out of them, but it won't be got easily if the invitee is a baddie.

On another topic, re our extra peek - why, if you find a goodie, wouldn't you tell us, Henry? Having a confirmed goodie in our midst is always a good idea. I know it could still be Biff, but even having someone 94%* confirmed would be a bonus to the team.

Also, do you get the results only at 9pm, or immediately on asking?

I also don't think you'll learn their role. Usually seers just get told good/bad, not a role.

*23 players left, 6 evil, 17 good, but 18 that will show as good, 17/18 = 94% - thanks very much for your attention.

If i find a roled goodie, they would be atarget for an SK kill tonight no? or a munchy in the morning?

Id not out a roled goodie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Is it likely that we'll have 2 SK kills now? Or the two of them can just scheme together for one kill

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I don't get why Biff wouldn't take the kill on night 1 when it's there for the taking and no body guard in play. Is it possible that he got to choose a kill or convert?

Also possible they tried to do the task but didn’t quite complete it. May also explain why Mary was killed

Btw I’m not suggesting everyone spends the day looking, just putting it out there as a possible

• Advertisement

If Shaymus interrogates the priest or seer then they lose their power that night, so should not aim to find them, if possible.

There is now two SKs (one team, two players, I reckon) so inviting one in won't stop tonight's kill. I also reckon there's no onus on the invitee to tell the truth in their role. It'll be up to Shaymus to interrogate the truth out of them, but it won't be got easily if the invitee is a baddie.

On another topic, re our extra peek - why, if you find a goodie, wouldn't you tell us, Henry? Having a confirmed goodie in our midst is always a good idea. I know it could still be Biff, but even having someone 94%* confirmed would be a bonus to the team.

Also, do you get the results only at 9pm, or immediately on asking?

I also don't think you'll learn their role. Usually seers just get told good/bad, not a role.

*23 players left, 6 evil, 17 good, but 18 that will show as good, 17/18 = 94% - thanks very much for your attention

Ive been told if I peek Biff I get told hes an NRV, that leaves me to believe I will get roles of others. I got a one time PM about the Almanac. No replies to may queries have been answered.

I have to PM my peek to the mods, I assume I will be told the answer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I can get on board with the theory that Derry's a woken wolf. Here's the timeline from last night. Add to that his change in posting style (okay, RL could be genuine) and his change in tactics (peek high, lynch low being reversed), it may well have some merit. I think he'd be a good peek for Henry.

21:21:
    Loughc wrote: »
    A Wolf has been awoken

21:22
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Oh balls.
    What's up dude? You just been woken?
    Ooh look at you being all aggressive and stuff this evening. My what sharp teeth you have Conor.

I think I might kill you next.

I think he'd be a good peek for Henry.

We should also be cognisant that Henry could be a wolf, and any peek result he gives could be for the wolf advantage. Eg: saying Derry is a wolf to get rid of his feud, even though Derry's actually a villager.

Though when the Priest finally comes out and tells us that Derry was a villager, then it'd be immediately put a noose on Henry's head. It might be a risk a wolf-Henry and his team would feel worth playing though.

I can get on board with the theory that Derry's a woken wolf. Here's the timeline from last night. Add to that his change in posting style (okay, RL could be genuine) and his change in tactics (peek high, lynch low being reversed), it may well have some merit. I think he'd be a good peek for Henry.

21:21:

21:22

LOL

This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif?ssl=1

Henry WW wrote: »
    If i find a roled goodie, they would be atarget for an SK kill tonight no? or a munchy in the morning?

Id not out a roled goodie.

If you're given the role then no, you shouldn't out a roled goodie.

But as I said, I don't think you'll be given the role. You'll only be told good/evil. In which case, having a confirmed goodie on board should be good for the village.

• Advertisement

We should also be cognisant that Henry could be a wolf, and any peek result he gives could be for the wolf advantage. Eg: saying Derry is a wolf to get rid of his feud, even though Derry's actually a villager.

Though when the Priest finally comes out and tells us that Derry was a villager, then it'd be immediately put a noose on Henry's head. It might be a risk a wolf-Henry and his team would feel worth playing though.

I agree, the proof will be in the pudding. If I claim to snag a wolf and we lynch said wolf, a priest can validate my findings either way.

But as I said, I don't think you'll be given the role. You'll only be told good/evil. In which case, having a confirmed goodie on board should be good for the village.

We shall see what my peek produces.

Also, in an effort for full disclosure, I have made my peek.

I shall reveal the results after FFAs are in, that fair?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Also, in an effort for full disclosure, I have made my peek.

I shall reveal the results after FFAs are in, that fair?

Suspense is already killing me

I can confirm Ive been told a role, not a good or bad allignment

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Judging by the fact im told if Bif comes back as an NRV, I assume I get full role.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    @Henry - does your peek result in just good/bad or do you get to find the role (if any)?
    Ive been told if I peek Biff I get told hes an NRV, that leaves me to believe I will get roles of others. I got a one time PM about the Almanac. No replies to may queries have been answered.

I have to PM my peek to the mods, I assume I will be told the answer.

I know that mods can be funny with answering these sort of “gifts”, but is your stance -

- if you by chance pick Biff you will be told Nrv and nothing else , no role etc?
    - anybody else you will be told good/bad and role?

This would mean you are most likely to be able to confirm somebody on thread.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I know that mods can be funny with answering these sort of “gifts”, but is your stance -

- if you by chance pick Biff you will be told Nrv and nothing else , no role etc?
    - anybody else you will be told good/bad and role?

This would mean you are most likely to be able to confirm somebody on thread.

Never mind.

#FFA2

1. Doris - Dodgy as all hell. Claiming to be busy but quiet capable of keeping up with thread.

2. Orla - No real effort to help the village

3. Henry - for old times sake and I'm still wolf-reading him tbh.

Conor would be my fourth if I'm honest.

I can confirm Ive been told a role, not a good or bad allignment

Wait, so you have been told “Marty” or “Biff” or “seer” that can be god or bad?

#FFA2

1. Doris - Dodgy as all hell. Claiming to be busy but quiet capable of keeping up with thread.

2. Orla - No real effort to help the village

3. Henry - for old times sake and I'm still wolf-reading him tbh.

Conor would be my fourth if I'm honest.

Why Conor?

• Advertisement

Ive been told someones role currently in the game. My power is now gone. I shall reveal the role after FFAs are in.

Nervous anyone?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Thats not what he means..

He was told a role instead of the more illusive answer such as this person is good or bad

Isla WW wrote: »
    Thats not what he means..

He was told a role instead of the more illusive answer such as this person is good or bad

For example ive been told

David WW is Biff, Oscar WW is NRV, Charles WW is Marty

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Ive been told someones role currently in the game. My power is now gone. I shall reveal the role after FFAs are in.

Nervous anyone?

not nervous but why wait? are we all going to do FFAs really early today now? I could probably cobble together three names though im sure some might bring me heat given I'm openly saying its a bit early and im not sure if we have as much to go on as others seem to think.

Why Conor?

Pushing me as a converted wolf which makes absolutely 0 sense to anyone with half a brain.

Honestly, you really think a convert posts:

Oh balls

Followed by:

I might kill you next

within ten minutes of their conversion?

Such an absolute derp reason to suspect anyone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

If it's a baddie just tell us but if it's a goodie then why are you specifying its a role keep NRV an option so you dont tell wolves a good role.

Nervous anyone?

Nope. I'm not even worried

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Pushing me as a converted wolf which makes absolutely 0 sense to anyone with half a brain.

Honestly, you really think a convert posts:

Oh balls

Followed by:

I might kill you next

within ten minutes of their conversion?

Such an absolute derp reason to suspect anyone.

Why did you post that then (both posts)?

A decent explanation that wasnt 'i dont have to explain that, its obvious' would go a long way to getting you off a lot of suspect lists, i should think.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    If it's a baddie just tell us but if it's a goodie then why are you specifying its a role keep NRV an option so you dont tell wolves a good role.

Hold onto it there Henry until we get a few more FFAs in. I would want people to put their money where their mouth is before they get any more info.

• Advertisement

For example ive been told

David WW is Biff, Oscar WW is NRV, Charles WW is Marty

Or Nigel WW is a F*ckin nobody .... Again....

Advertisement