Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I think wait with the peek, let everyone post their ffa's first.
    Let the wolves pin their flags to a mast, and see do they have to backtrack

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Pushing me as a converted wolf which makes absolutely 0 sense to anyone with half a brain.

Honestly, you really think a convert posts:

Oh balls

Followed by:

I might kill you next

within ten minutes of their conversion?

Such an absolute derp reason to suspect anyone.

Don't forget the other stuff - the change in posting style and strategy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Why did you post that then (both posts)?

A decent explanation that wasnt 'i dont have to explain that, its obvious' would go a long way to getting you off a lot of suspect lists, i should think.

Cos I wanted to? I post how I want when I want.

Also I KNEW people would jump up and down about the 'Kill you next' line.

Where's Abigail btw?

We should not forget her over reaction to the incident.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Don't forget the other stuff - the change in posting style and strategy.

No change in strategy. None. Point it out and I'll counter it.

Posting style cos I'm busy but have a few free hours now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

#FFA2

Dorris - Didn't do an FFA last night, then voted for Gert despite saying "I don't have suspicions about anyone, I thought it was weird about the letter thing but now that's been explained." Feels like at one point there was a Gert bandwagon starting and then by the time it got dispelled, Dorris might have felt it was too late to jump off? Also, general contributions to the discussions.

Connor - Same reasons as yesterday (which was he was making illogical conclusions about wolves asking questions on thread). Short posts that often just go over mechanics, without actually doing much hunting.

And a shakey one for

Steve - Seemed a bit eager around 10am this morning; joking replies to my comments about having bullets. Has been a bit agitated once or twice without needing to be. For the second highest poster, hasn't done a whole lot. Has been quite anti-Derry since last night's lynch. By his own admission, he was trying to off Ewan. A double bluff? But that's very tentative, and Steve could be repleaced quite quickly on my list.

• Advertisement

No change in strategy. None. Point it out and I'll counter it.

Posting style cos I'm busy but have a few free hours now.

Did already. As did others. Can't you read?
    I can get on board with the theory that Derry's a woken wolf. Here's the timeline from last night. Add to that his change in posting style (okay, RL could be genuine) and his change in tactics (peek high, lynch low being reversed), it may well have some merit. I think he'd be a good peek for Henry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    If it's a baddie just tell us but if it's a goodie then why are you specifying its a role keep NRV an option so you dont tell wolves a good role.

Let the FFAs come back, see who people suspect and use that information later in the game.

Whats the rush....

Liam WW wrote: »
    #FFA2

Dorris - Didn't do an FFA last night, then voted for Gert despite saying "I don't have suspicions about anyone, I thought it was weird about the letter thing but now that's been explained." Feels like at one point there was a Gert bandwagon starting and then by the time it got dispelled, Dorris might have felt it was too late to jump off? Also, general contributions to the discussions.

Connor - Same reasons as yesterday (which was he was making illogical conclusions about wolves asking questions on thread). Short posts that often just go over mechanics, without actually doing much hunting.

And a shakey one for

Steve - Seemed a bit eager around 10am this morning; joking replies to my comments about having bullets. Has been a bit agitated once or twice without needing to be. For the second highest poster, hasn't done a whole lot. Has been quite anti-Derry since last night's lynch. By his own admission, he was trying to off Ewan. A double bluff? But that's very tentative, and Steve could be repleaced quite quickly on my list.

Steve is ok for today. They've agreed to vote at 8.59pm to save us from the assassin.

Steve voted earlier yesterday despite volunteering otherwise so if we hit assassin, Steve is taking the bullet for us.

Right Steve?

I can get on board with the theory that Derry's a woken wolf. Here's the timeline from last night. Add to that his change in posting style (okay, RL could be genuine) and his change in tactics (peek high, lynch low being reversed), it may well have some merit. I think he'd be a good peek for Henry.

I've countered this already. Can you read?

Strategy is for the seer, not the extra peek. The extra peek is useful for eliminating one of the lower posters either by virtue of wolfiness or by being good.

Seer stays on point peeking high while we take out the low hanging fruit.

Cos I wanted to? I post how I want when I want.

Also I KNEW people would jump up and down about the 'Kill you next' line.

Where's Abigail btw?

We should not forget her over reaction to the incident.

You realise posts like that, can derail a village. Not very intellegent or helpful to the village.

Still think your a goodie, hope i right, but you lack awareness. Rash posts like that do us no favours.

You should be playing in the best interest of the village, not your own kicks

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Is it likely that we'll have 2 SK kills now? Or the two of them can just scheme together for one kill

No I would say they are working together and get 1 kill.

There has not been much mention of the bodyguard, wonder who they protected last night.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Let the FFAs come back, see who people suspect and use that information later in the game.

Whats the rush....

No rush from my point of view. Fiona acting a trifled concerned?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Liam WW wrote: »

What is this Steve hasnt done a whole lot thing that has popped up twice now? Show me someone else who has done more investigative work?

Better yet, show me where i havent explained my reasoning, been consistent, or asked questions.

You are confusing not giving two flips because i am an NRV, with being suspicious. But sure whatever. If i am killed and proven an NRV, this nomination is going to look completely fabricated and you will be implicated as a result, so fine.

You realise posts like that, can derail a village. Not very intellegent or helpful to the village.

Still think your a goodie, hope i right, but you lack awareness. Rash posts like that do us no favours.

You should be playing in the best interest of the village, not your own kicks

I'll play the game my way, you play it yours.

And stop with the insults towards my intelligence and then getting on your high horse when I post emotively about being busy.

It's getting beyond a joke and becoming personal now.

Strategy is for the seer, not the extra peek. The extra peek is useful for eliminating one of the lower posters either by virtue of wolfiness or by being good.

I am actually quite happy with this explanation. I think its a good plan too. Use the extra peek for what it is, a bonus. Keep the seer on plan. Meets muster for me.

And stop with the insults towards my intelligence and then getting on your high horse when I post emotively about being busy.

Its really not. Take a breath, pal.

Its not an insult, your play isnt smart. Its an opinion

A peek is a peek whether it comes from the designated seer, or as a once off to another player. You might genuinely believe what you say above, but surely you have to admit that it can look like a change in strategy to others and thus cause suspicion. Suspicion, which, on its own might not be anything, but accompanied by other unwise posts can add up to so much more.

Its not an insult, your play isnt smart. Its an opinion

You have consistently called me an idiot since yesterday. I don't accept that it's fair.

So just don't or I'll pm the boards mods and they can decide.

Conor, were you tempted to change your vote from Katie at all yesterday? You voted early and didnt change, didnt you?

• Advertisement

Conor, were you tempted to change your vote from Katie at all yesterday? You voted early and didnt change, didnt you?

An attempt was made at the last moment supposedly.

Well now thats interesting isnt it?

How come the attempt came so late Conor?

Yeah, this...

Was gonna change to Babs. Left it too late.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Explained that already and not going over it verbatim.

Strategy has not changed. Seer should continue as normal.

The extra peek can be used to take out one if not two of the lower posters. So for example, if Orla is peeked and returns as evil we have a clear lynch.

If she returns as clear we lynch Doris.

You think the seer should peek top players and we should lynch lower ones correct?

If you think that should be the seer's strategy then you I'm assuming you think that is the best strategy for using peeks. You've said we can take out two lower posters with a peek and a lynch and I do get that, but why is this peek different to the seer's peeks? If you think it's the best course with this peek, why wouldn't it be the best course with other peeks? Why wouldn't we just eliminate all the low posters first and be left with high posters?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Yeah, this...

Was gonna change to Babs. Left it too late.

did you suspect babs? or were you just jumping on her because she only has 1 post?

Well now thats interesting isnt it?

How come the attempt came so late Conor?

Took a while to come around to another being a better choice. There was a lot of discussion about this last night already if you want to go back and read it. I counted at least five people who steered off her.

Doris WW wrote: »
    did you suspect babs? or were you just jumping on her because she only has 1 post?

Yeah, I suspected Babs. She was #2 on my FFA.

Took a while to come around to another being a better choice. There was a lot of discussion about this last night already if you want to go back and read it. I counted at least five people who steered off her.

Yeah but they actually did it. You just posted about it for props.

Phil WW wrote: »
    You think the seer should peek top players and we should lynch lower ones correct?

If you think that should be the seer's strategy then you I'm assuming you think that is the best strategy for using peeks. You've said we can take out two lower posters with a peek and a lynch and I do get that, but why is this peek different to the seer's peeks? If you think it's the best course with this peek, why wouldn't it be the best course with other peeks? Why wouldn't we just eliminate all the low posters first and be left with high posters?

Cos it's an extra action. Seer has my strategy up to them to follow it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

You are confusing not giving two flips because i am an NRV, with being suspicious. But sure whatever. If i am killed and proven an NRV, this nomination is going to look completely fabricated and you will be implicated as a result, so fine.

Oooh, that's an interestin response. Basically trying to threaten me into backing away from you. Duly noted.

==========

On the matter of Derry's change, I can agree that Henry's peek should be treated differently than the seer's. The seer needs to get a few peeks, and keep the info hidden for a few days. Henry's has a more immediate rush; we know he had one, we know he has to do it by nine, and if he doesn't get it out there, we lose it. As such, the strategy should be different. Henry can, once, make sure we don't spend the day going down a rabbit hole we shouldn't be.

Advertisement