Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Finally back in but it’s still very slow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Yeah I’m down

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

All over the shop. Ill leave it settle. Back later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Seems to be back for me anyways but slow.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Woo! Refreshing like mental the past 20 mins or so and all I got was 503s :(

I feel left out. Someone give me a power.

Is the Assassin role not enough for you :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

That lynch was a disaster. Gabriel died with his info.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Is the Assassin role not enough for you :cool:

I don't have any role :( Hence all my word vomit :pac::pac:

No backroom to post in

Derry WW wrote: »
    I don't have any role :( Hence all my word vomit :pac::pac:

No backroom to post in

Maybe im wrong and your not the Asssassin but also maybe.

Your are a new wolf and why you posted less today and also why you didnt vote at 59:59 like you said you would

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Finally!!!!!!

I did not vote as ive been getting 503 errors all evening while mobile. Not sure anyone else getting them. I would have voted Brendan.

Finally!!!!!!

I did not vote as ive been getting 503 errors all evening while mobile. Not sure anyone else getting them. I would have voted Brendan.

• Advertisement

Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Your are a new wolf and why you posted less today and also why you didnt vote at 59:59 like you said you would

and why you wanted to peek low instead of high with the free peek, which Liam backed you up on if I remember correctly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Right im giving up on this. On the mobile and its wrecking my head.

Need to nail a wolf tomorrow

Finally!!!!!!

Orla WW wrote: »
    Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!

Hrmmmm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hopefully Boards will hold it all together to get the game back up and going.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seems much Better now folks.

Right im just going to say what we are all thinking

Riona posts yesterday 5 times the word Alpha in the space of 5 messages

Orla posts 5 times with the number 5 in it

So what. why the number 5

well the years the travel to in BTTF all end in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 5

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Rionas last post was above. She highlighted “a wolf has been introduced”. Either an NRV confirming what everybody saw or a wolf hiding in plain sight?

They were very active most of yesterday until this post. They went at me fairly hard for picking out Clodagh.

The main reasons I have been sticking with these two is that they could simply be characters (good or bad) hiding in the crowd. Clodagh’s last few posts are just agreeing with other people and sort of just plodding along.

I was just making an out-of-game comment about the quality of the flavour so far. However, I can see how that post would be drawn attention to as suspicious.

For the record, I didn't go fairly hard at you for picking Clodagh specifically, that was just part of my whole reasoning as to why you were suspicious to me - You basically jumped on other people's thoughts on Clodagh with one sentence posts like 'That is interesting', complete fluff. And at that point, they were the only game-related posts you had made, the rest was just gifs and pics.

That post I made against you was a while ago at this stage though. Late yesterday by the time I had logged out, you seemed to stop with the fluff. The erratic and scarce posting had given way to posts which seemed to want to help the village. If you had been posting like that from the start, well then I likely wouldn't have ended up looking at you at all.

You can carry on looking at me of course, but I'm not as keen on you as a wolf right now.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    We know Biff has a power.

I don't know if anyone has even tried to guess what it is.

Given Riona hasn't posted **** all today, I'm wondering if she's silenced?
    Ya come on Brendan like if you have something to say say it, your just adding to the confusion.

Also were is Riona no post since last night. I did call her out on the task yesterday but thought nothing more of it after the conversions seemed like they were pre planned but now no post all day and there is a recruitment

Not slienced guys, not by anything related to WW or this game anyway.

I can see why my disappearance and silence would seem weird after me being quite present up until last night. Here's how it went down...

I pulled an all-nighter on Sunday night. By the time I went to bed last night around midnight, I was awake 36+ hours. My plan was to get 10 hours sleep last night then carry on with my Tuesday as planned.

That all turned on its head about 4am last night when I woke up and
    suddenly started puking my ring up
    I was in a bit of a state for the following 3-5 hours until the chemist opened and I got a few things there to help me. Plans for Tuesday then got postponed/cancelled and I went back to bed, to sleep, for the day.

I got up around 6pm and while I would have loved (and needed) to dive back into WW, there were just simply things IRL that had to be tended to first.

I'm here now, for any questions anyone has, and to help the village even though I'm still trying to fully understand everything that happened in the game today.

Because of my absence today, my vote tonight was totally wasted on Nigel. Last night I voted for him because I believed he was suspicious. Since then, he's actually making posts which appear to want to 1) play the game, and 2) help the village. I voted for Nigel again tonight not because of the same reasons as last night, but as a placeholder to allow me to catch-up on the game and do my own research to find an actual wolf.

Apologies to the village on that front, provided I'm still here tomorrow evening I will try to be more useful with my vote in the lynch.

• Advertisement

Also Id like to give special mentions to

Derry for his flipflop behaviour today saying he had no problem voting 59:59 monday but was holed up snuggly in the middle of the pack of voters tonight

And

Phil who helpfully pointed out it was 7 alphas when I said including the quoted posts on the first reveal. The quoted ones probably didnt count towards the task but it was nice of Phil to steer us away from the 5

*drops mic*

and why you wanted to peek low instead of high with the free peek, which Liam backed you up on if I remember correctly

None of this is true at all though. I'm just an NRV. Dunno why you're so obsessed with me tbh. Take off the tunnel vision perhaps.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I'm not believing Orla for a second there

If simply because boards didn't start playing up till near enough voting time. By that stage, there was loads to go on with regards who to vote for, and the vote could have been cast anyway.

Derry for his flipflop behaviour today saying he had no problem voting 59:59 monday but was holed up snuggly in the middle of the pack of voters tonight

And

Phil who helpfully pointed out it was 7 alphas when I said including the quoted posts on the first reveal. The quoted ones probably didnt count towards the task but it was nice of Phil to steer us away from the 5

No flip flop. I specifically asked Steve to vote 8.59pm today. Go back and check it.

Liam, anything more about the letter?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

And

I'll just check this now but I'm pretty sure it was 7 without quote but I'll get back to you.

Riona WW wrote: »
    With such a big roster of players, I'd like to think that there would be room for Hill Valley Mayor Goldie Wilson. I'm not sure what role he would take up for the village, but he's a character I could see being introduced if the mods have more in the pipeline.

When I said 'alpha' in my post, I meant it in the 'alpha male' context rather than wolf. Like if we all ended up stranded on a deserted island tomorrow, who out of the group would be the one to be the most outspoken and try to lead us and steer us? That sort of 'alpha', rather a specific wolf role in the game.

I'm not sure Derry is a wolf at the moment, let alone the alpha.
    They would be along the lines of my own thoughts on Derry. That alpha, 'listen up village, here's what we need to do' attitude so early in a game can be a red flag for me. I said as much in my OP last night without directly naming Derry.

However, he has drawn discussion out of quite a few of us and there is more food for thought in the thread now because of that.

Even if Derry is a wolf and his posts turn out to be not genuine and are an attempt to mislead the village, the discussion he encourages from other posters could still prove useful for the village.
    I don't think that possibility was mentioned or considered yet, nice one.
    Just being objective and stating my thoughts. You've been very present and outspoken since the game began. It's going to attract discussion. If my last post is the worst I can say about you at the moment, you're grand.

Is it possible that she is being mind-controlled or being prevented from posting by some other power?

- Gerty Gets letter
    - Announces it in thread
    - Biff/wolve sees this quickly, swoops in with mind-control to say "no you don't"

???
    Ah right. I misunderstood in thinking that you misunderstood :)

So you are looking at reasons why Derry would be the alpha. Yes, his actions do make sense from that point of view. Could be something to consider.

Tell you what, let's cut out pages and pages of investigating, and just ask him...

HEY...DERRY, you the alpha, mate? Now, be honest.

I will agree that there's a caustic nature to Henry's posts to Derry which doesn't seem to be there in other critics of Derry. Language like "foolish wannabe" is just an example.

If I was to go heavy on someone like that in this game, I'm going to be laying down what I think is solid reasoning behind it. Henry, I can't see why you are so wound up with Derry, why you think his strategies are "ill-thought" and "foolish" or why he is a "moron".

I can see reasons to criticise and suspect, but why are you going all-in on Derry, and with such heavy language, so early in the game when there's not a lot to go on?

Seven uses of the word alpha within five posts. Two of which don't have alpha in it.

So Angus, please tell me what 5 I am steering away from exactly. I'd really love to know. The word wasn't used in five consecutive posts, like Orla's presumable boards issue. Why are you trying to make it look like I was trying to stop this perfect narrative you seem to have concocted?

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    So Angus, please tell me what 5 I am steering away from exactly. I'd really love to know. The word wasn't used in five consecutive posts, like Orla's presumable boards issue. Why are you trying to make it look like I was trying to stop this perfect narrative you seem to have concocted?

Angus is a bit crazy imo. He's jumping at shadows that aren't there. I see a bit of me in his actions actually :pac::pac:

Advertisement