Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Absolutely, a healthy dose of scepticism for me too. However, if I survive*, I get to interrogate somebody else. I have in mind somebody for next (With Steve's input, but of course his choice might be for the wolves' benefit if he chose a team-mate) but we could always put it to the vote and that way less chance of me choosing a wolf, and therefore more chance of me being believed.

*C'mon, George!!!!

My interrogation ends at munch, so if I die, Conor can take the things I have said in the interrogation room as up front, at least.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Sorry sorry sorry - im terrible at tables. Your vote got counted, but here is the proper vote list. Nigel included too.

Player Vote 1 Vote 2 Vote 3
    Liam Doris Conor Steve
    Brendan Derry Henry Steve
    Steve Orla Gabe Fiona
    Derry Brendan Doris Orla
    Isla Derry Riona Desmond
    Fiona Derry Doris Riona
    Doris Abigail Fiona
    Clodagh Derry Doris
    Eva Gabe Riona Conor
    Angus Eva Doris Derry
    Desmond Angus Doris Orla
    Conor Brendan Clodagh Derry
    Frank Doris Derry Steve
    Holly Orla Brendan Frank
    Phil Clodagh Henry Eva
    Gabe Steve Eva Liam
    Abigail Doris Derry Brendan
    Henry Brendan Riona Clodagh
    Nigel Riona Clodagh

Player Votes
    Derry 8
    Doris 8
    Brendan 7
    Clodagh 5
    Orla 4
    Steve 4
    Riona 4
    Conor 3
    Eva 3
    Abigail 2
    Angus 2
    Fiona 2
    Gabe 2
    Henry 2
    Desmond 1
    Frank 1
    Liam 1
    Lynch vote results;

Brendan (10) - Holly, Henry, Gertrude, Clodagh, Derry, Phil, Conor, Gabriel, Doris, Eva
    Doris (7) - Fiona, Frank, Angus, Liam, Desmond, Isla, Steve
    Derry (2) - Abigail, Brendan
    Riona (1) - Nigel
    Nigel (1) - Riona
    No Vote (2) - Orla, Barbara

Derry or Doris is the alpha.

Some wolves are amongst Holly, Henry, Gertrude, Clodagh, Derry, Phil, Conor, Gabriel, Doris, Eva.

Discuss.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

So quick thought. Rule is...

"No on-thread tasks will involve posting of GIFS, PICS, or VIDEOS of any sort. We encourage posting of all of these formats."

I'd believe that the task wouldn't specify to post a gif, but do you think choosing to post a gif for a task would qualify as a pass? Like...

"Here is your task"
    "Can I do it via a gif"
    "Sure"

Kind of loophole?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Some wolves are amongst Holly, Henry, Gertrude, Clodagh, Derry, Phil, Conor, Gabriel, Doris, Eva.

Discuss.

For that to be the case you have to believe that Gabe was also a wolf, who lied to save me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    This game has a severe lack of gifs

People didn't seem to be a big fan of my gifs so I've stopped, for the most part. People also seemed to be overlooking things I've actually said and just saying 'posts too many gifs' or 'stopped posting gifs'.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Happy snow day
    I

Liam WW wrote: »

"No on-thread tasks will involve posting of GIFS, PICS, or VIDEOS of any sort. We encourage posting of all of these formats."

I'd believe that the task wouldn't specify to post a gif, but do you think choosing to post a gif for a task would qualify as a pass? Like...

"Here is your task"
    "Can I do it via a gif"
    "Sure"

Kind of loophole?

I doubt it. That rule has defined how we look for tasks. Mods wouldn't allow a loop hole that directly contradicted the rule.

Also just realised my ffa is not on that list. I was fairly late with it. Went with Steve and Derry.

Steve, is that list in chronological order?

Brendan ffa'd Derry then voted for him
    Derry ffa'd Brendan and Doris then voted for Brendan
    Doris ffa'd neither then voted Brendan

I think Brendan and Derry being in cahoots in the most likely scenario.

Why was Doris so high up in the ffa's? She was off my radar

Doris WW wrote: »
    For that to be the case you have to believe that Gabe was also a wolf, who lied to save me.

Which case?

Also just realised my ffa is not on that list. I was fairly late with it. Went with Steve and Derry.

Steve, is that list in chronological order?

Brendan ffa'd Derry then voted for him
    Derry ffa'd Brendan and Doris then voted for Brendan
    Doris ffa'd neither then voted Brendan

I think Brendan and Derry being in cahoots in the most likely scenario.

Why was Doris so high up in the ffa's? She was off my radar

Not in chronological order. In whatever order the search gave me the posts in.

Your vote wasn't in before deadline I think?

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »

"Here is your task"
    "Can I do it via a gif"
    "Sure"

Kind of loophole?

He could be laying track for later though. Plausible deniability.

'Sure I post mad gifs and pics and stuff all the time. Another evil looking phrase is just part of that. I post it because I want to'

Not in chronological order. In whatever order the search gave me the posts in.

Your vote wasn't in before deadline I think?

Probably not. I was gone for most of the day. I got it in around 7pm.

Probably not. I was gone for most of the day. I got it in around 7pm.

I did the table at 5. Soz.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Which case?

For Brendan to have been deflecting the lynch from me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Discuss.
    I think just them voting the same way doesn't mean anything although given there are 10 there im sure one or two could be.

Derry / Doris could suggest that Brendan was trying to divert heat last time. If he was then one of those would make sense for Biff

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Morning all. Last night was a complete sh1t storm.

I would now say it’s possible and not necessarily probable that Brendan was a wolf because if he was then surely he wouldn’t have made such a balls of the ‘reveal’. Although the sacrifice point is a good one. But surely his fellow wolves could have given him something better to defend himself.

And I say this as someone who voted for him. Just thinking back over it now doesn’t have me sitting very easy.

On the gif thing Liam I’d be surprised if that was a loophole but you never know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Last night was a complete sh1t storm.

I would now say it’s possible and not necessarily probable that Brendan was a wolf because if he was then surely he wouldn’t have made such a balls of the ‘reveal’. Although the sacrifice point is a good one. But surely his fellow wolves could have given him something better to defend himself.

And I say this as someone who voted for him. Just thinking back over it now doesn’t have me sitting very easy.

On the gif thing Liam I’d be surprised if that was a loophole but you never know.

If he was to be a sacrifice he wouldn't need a good defence. In fact, it seemed he went out of his way to deliberately NOT give a defence and make himself as likely as possible to be the one lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

I doubt it. That rule has defined how we look for tasks. Mods wouldn't allow a loop hole that directly contradicted the rule.

I'd be shocked if gifs were part of a task. It's very clearly stated that they are not. Could be used to hide one in your other posts I suppose though.

Conor WW wrote: »
    If he was to be a sacrifice he wouldn't need a good defence. In fact, it seemed he went out of his way to deliberately NOT give a defence and make himself as likely as possible to be the one lynched.

That’s a fair point

I'd like to hear what Derry has to say for himself. Gabriel kinda confirmed Doris as a goodie so I'm leaning towards Derry as being the alpha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MOD NOTE No tasks involved using gifs, memes, pics, etc.

In the instance if anyone did ask can they use a gif they were told no.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'd like to hear what Derry has to say for himself. Gabriel kinda confirmed Doris as a goodie so I'm leaning towards Derry as being the alpha

About what? Just awake. Anything regarding a GIF is nonsense and people jumping at shadows.

Thanks Henry for dropping me in it again :rolleyes:

Derry has said plenty the last couple of days. And whilst I think it was mainly irrelevant stuff to the game I really believe he’s a goodie.

I was never sure as to why Doris was so high on so many peoples list. Going to get into that today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Morning all

Boards is up again....,yay

Country’s down however.......boo!!

Once boards is running our Village survives the weather anyway. Now as for pesky wolves I dont see much atm bar Doris/Derry if people believe Brendan was trying to sacrafice himself to divert attention or maybe someone like Orla with a lower end post count and for not voting dur to boards having issues except they seemed to start after we had all voted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As some folk settled in for the night, others had a few friendly drinks down stairs in the tavern bar. A few drinks turned into a few more, with a few songs being sung. Some thought this was the perfect opertunity to sneak off to where the others had taken up rest for the night. Without a sound, someone was snatched from their sleep. No one noticed until the sun rose, and they stepped outside for some fresh air, to find the haf eaten corpse of a Hill Valley resident.

Eva WW has been munched

Mad-Dog-1.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Brendan last night was very strange. Absolutely no reason to reveal if village. In very little danger if a wolf

Discuss.

Pretty sure that there’s a high value target between Derry and Doris. Why protect though, does biff say have some extra power worth keeping?

Not sure what to read into Eva dying. Another who imo hadn't been stirring the pot so much you expected her to be a target

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Brendan last night was very strange. Absolutely no reason to reveal if village. In very little danger if a wolf

Pretty sure that there’s a high value target between Derry and Doris. Why protect though, does biff say have some extra power worth keeping?

Shhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I still don’t get why Brendan would sacrifice himself, who was he protecting?

And most importantly , since pics or GIFs are not tasks

giphy.gif

Advertisement