Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    It's great that this whole bullet thing has diverted us from looking at Eva's death, some prominent posters' erratic nature today, Steve (was he good or bad? Does it matter?), who we should recommend to Conor/Sheamus to invite in for his next conversation.

Just pages and pages of desperation, and on day 3 we need better. If I take the bullet, will some villagers please look into some of the above?

Just as well we decided to have it done by 3pm, so it doesn't prolong it throughout the whole day.

Now it's done (so says Doris anyway), feel free to bring other topics out. I've a placeholder for interrogation tonight but very happy to change up to 9pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Just as well we decided to have it done by 3pm, so it doesn't prolong it throughout the whole day.

Now it's done (so says Doris anyway), feel free to bring other topics out. I've a placeholder for interrogation tonight but very happy to change up to 9pm.

Since your a bit fixated on me for lynch I'd love to join you later!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Is the plan for the seer to peek whoever you interrogate? So that Biff doesn't show as good?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Is the plan for the seer to peek whoever you interrogate? So that Biff doesn't show as good?

That's a very good plan.

I think so.

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Since your a bit fixated on me for lynch I'd love to join you later!

You'd be welcome. We might be out of whiskey though - Steve and I got through a LOT of it last night! You might have to make do with tea and soda bread like I used to have back in the old country.

You'd be welcome. We might be out of whiskey though - Steve and I got through a LOT of it last night! You might have to make do with tea and soda bread like I used to have back in the old country.

Awwww... but I get so lonely at night with no one to talk to

Soda Bread? Urrgh

I'd bing my own loaf but the shops are all sold out.

Great - When does this happen or whats the deal?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Stupid meme

So should Doris not get to choose, just like you did, without being coerced into an FFA strategy? Look I don't really mind if it catches a wolf, but the thread/village progress and focus has completely stalled in the meantime.

I have one or two other topics, but since I came in and saw my name high on an FFA for a bullet, I've chosen to hold off on those topics for now as people might think it's just an act of desperation/diversion on my part.

A lot of the people putting me up for the FFA haven't even engaged with me in the game. Some are piggybacking on others thought-out work. For instance, who the hell is Isla?

But let's hope the bullet kill order has gone in and has been processed, because it has taken every bit of our attention for the last couple of hours. That is suiting some people down to the ground, I imagine.

Riona WW wrote: »
    So should Doris not get to choose, just like you did, without being coerced into an FFA strategy?

Absolutely. If Doris kills someone not even on the FFA list that's her prerogative.

• Advertisement

Sorry does doris have another kill? I thought she shot bad so lost the 2nd? Or can someone explain?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Awwww... but I get so lonely at night with no one to talk to

Look at me so popular with everyone all of a sudden!!!

Sorry does doris have another kill? I thought she shot bad so lost the 2nd? Or can someone explain?

Just one kill. Has just put it in. Awaiting mods.

Am growing worried though.

No I killed Steve cos the mods thought it was clever to give me a gun.

Still not sorry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Derry was the one claiming to have 1 bullet but would have gotten a second in Steve had been a wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Derry had the first shot and killed steve, which meant they didn't get a second bullet (Steve was therefore good) - if we are to believe Derry that shooting bad got a second bullet.

Doris hasn't used her bullet yet.

I'm not definitely inviting Abi. I'm not clever enough for somebody AND their wolf buddies to come up with a story with so much notice. I think who to invite should still be up for discussion.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Derry had the first shot and killed steve, which meant they didn't get a second bullet (Steve was therefore good) - if we are to believe Derry that shooting bad got a second bullet.

Doris hasn't used her bullet yet.

She says she has ....
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Soz guys actual urgent work came up

I've put the kill in and said no backsies, hopefully it's done whenever a mod comes along

Just waiting on mods to confirm. Otherwise Doris could be bluffing the whole thing.

I'm not definitely inviting Abi. I'm not clever enough for somebody AND their wolf buddies to come up with a story with so much notice. I think who to invite should still be up for discussion.

I offered because im not a wolf - and there you go with a sweeping accusation.

Sorry derry had the gun.

Good - Doris doesnt like me :D

I offered because im not a wolf - and there you go with a sweeping accusation.

Sorry derry had the gun.

Good - Doris doesnt like me :D

It was more of a general statement. Whoever I invite, I don't want to give too much notice to so that *if* they are a wolf, they can spend time with their buddies getting a story together to flummox me with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MOD NOTE

Hey guys can everyone please check their anon account PMs we are looking to get in touch with the Mayor.

30 minutes since Doris said kill order was in. I'm starting to get worried Liam might be right.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    While I know it's a half baked theory (which is all I'm good for),
    I'm aware that if Brendan sacrificed himself last night for you to survive, claiming you're dying tonight is a great way to avoid a lynch again tonight...
    Phil WW wrote: »
    It would mean that the real Marty and Jen are dead or this is a ploy to tempt them out.
    If I don't die kill me
    One way of proving her is seeing her shot happen. Dunno why we'd wait. We should vote for her to kill someone soon, and then another vote for lynch. Lumping them all together is a waste. If somebody is shot and that somebody is the person Doris named, then I'd be very happy to leave her die of her broken heart.

It was more of a general statement. Whoever I invite, I don't want to give too much notice to so that *if* they are a wolf, they can spend time with their buddies getting a story together to flummox me with.

Oh - I was under the impression it was a no lies conversation?

Sure whats the point of that then??

30 minutes since Doris said kill order was in. I'm starting to get worried Liam might be right.

Like...if she comes up with another excuse, then I worry she has to be back under the spot light...
    Loughc wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

Hey guys can everyone please check their anon account PMs we are looking to get in touch with the Mayor.

Why u tease me like this :(

Oh - I was under the impression it was a no lies conversation?

Sure whats the point of that then??

No, like any interrogation, you can lie all you like, and I have to decide if I believe you or not. Which is why Steve could clear me, but I couldn't clear him. If I was better at it, I'd spot the lies. But I'm just an alcoholic old man so not the best but that's the way the roles are assigned I guess.

The point? Well, it's good for two goodies to share thoughts. I got some information from Steve about who he thought had roles, were baddies, etc, that I wouldn't have thought of myself, all of which I took with a grain of salt until he got shot and confirmed (so says Derry) as good.

Spose

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    #FFA3.1

Orla- Never once been sure about her

Angus- Pops in last night. Drops an ill-advised mic and then dont hear from him at all today when there is so much going on. Seems like a wolf re-evaluating

Abigail - Hadnt really been on my radar until last night when the wholse brendan thing was happening. Was clear to everyone that he had to go yet she said to hang onto him and he wouldve been sk or munched later. However we all believed we had a baddy(making a bull role claim) so why would you let him live.

And i realise that ive said before its possible that he was just a villager who had had enough but last night my vote didnt leave him once. He was either a baddie or a nuisance. Had to go either way

Thats unfair I didn't pop in last night and I havent nor wont ever be on early in the day. There isn't anything to re-evaluate I thought I had it solved last night but in my rush to post I never went back and checked properly which made me look a little silly tbf.

At least Conor said I'm not contributing which might be a fair criticism but I am trying just feel like your reasoning is poor and hence more likely just posting stuff for the sake of it. Hoping to pass under the radar. Seems like a wolfy thing to do to me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Not sure what to think of the bullet now but I do have an idea to share.

Between yesterday and today ive done some digging. 3 new roles (Seamus, James Strickland and Buford Tannen) were activated just after the munch yesterday.

My theory is that a task was given to each group on Day 1 to be completed by Munch day 2 when just afterwards we went back to 1885. I believe that each group succeeded and therefore gained a new player.

The only thing ive come up is the following posts from Liam.

10.27 am Day 1: not deciding who that will be till way latter though cause i'll give people 24 hours to get playin, but if people are staying quiet, then they ain't playin so may as well hang one of them.

8.01pm Day 1: I'll just walk myself to the noose now :o

I believe it’s possible that Liam might be the original SK and had to complete a task using hangman terminology. Why? Because when James Strickland(in the film) says he will only be smiling when he sees Buford Cannon hanging from the end of a rope.

What do we think of that village?

I believe it’s possible that Liam might be the original SK and had to complete a task using hangman terminology. Why? Because when James Strickland(in the film) says he will only be smiling when he sees Buford Cannon hanging from the end of a rope.

I use noose imagery cause lynching's are typically portrayed as hangings....

• Advertisement

Soz guys actual urgent work came up

I've put the kill in and said no backsies, hopefully it's done whenever a mod comes along
    Not sure what to think of the bullet now but I do have an idea to share.

Between yesterday and today ive done some digging. 3 new roles (Seamus, James Strickland and Buford Tannen) were activated just after the munch yesterday.

My theory is that a task was given to each group on Day 1 to be completed by Munch day 2 when just afterwards we went back to 1885. I believe that each group succeeded and therefore gained a new player.

The only thing ive come up is the following posts from Liam.

10.27 am Day 1: not deciding who that will be till way latter though cause i'll give people 24 hours to get playin, but if people are staying quiet, then they ain't playin so may as well hang one of them.

8.01pm Day 1: I'll just walk myself to the noose now :o

Not impossible. Something to keep in the back of the mind. For the moment I've a good lean on Liam, but I'm no expert either.

Advertisement