Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

i+luv+my+widdle+gun.gif

A gun had been found this morning, little bastard snuck it out the back door.

As you were.

See Fiona

Conor WW wrote: »
    Yeah, Derry just being given a gun for no apparent reason (even he says he doesn't know why) doesn't sit right with me.

Please read the mod message I quoted above

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    See Fiona

Was it a task win though?

@Mods - was the gun this morning a task win, a la the letter and almanac the previous two days. Please?

Was it a task win though?

Not a clue. I just got handed the gun by the mods and immediately shot Steve.

Because a: I thought Doris had put in a kill order on me

And b: Steve was pushing me to be killed.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I flip flop constantly on Derry. I absolutely cannot shake the feeling Brendan sacrificed himself, and I've no clue why. It obviously wasn't, as I suspected, to protect Doris, but that could mean it was to save Derry.

#ffa3.5

Derry - As I said, back and forth on this one. Mainly the Brendan conspiracy
    Desmond - I legit forgot he was even playing.
    Isla - Tried to talk Dorris down from shooting Orla, possibly to make a gesture that she wasn't siding with everyone else. Has gone unexamined massively.

Btw, has anyone a guess at what power Biff got on Day 2 (was it the second day we were told Biff got a new power?) It worries me no end that we've yet to even hazard a guess what it was.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

See Fiona

Could that not have been just Bill finding his weapon. Maybe he did a task in order to do so. I can't rule such a thing out so can't rule you being bad out especially when added to the rest of what I said. Not as many people on you now as before though so maybe someone else will top others FFAs atm

Please read the mod message I quoted above

That was posted after Steve was already dead. It doesn't explain how or why you got use of a gun.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I'm gonna do my proper ffa now

#FFA3

Derry, I thought you were a goodie purely because you got a bullet but others don't agree. Brendan got you off the hook. You are the alpha.
    Liam, dismissed that noose accusation very quickly. I had you pegged as a goodie in my head for no reason ever since our letter exchange. You have been very helpful all game which is disconcerting all of a sudden.
    Desmond, very weak ffa

Also is it time for the seer or priest to come out. We're blind here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Well at least we know Doris wasn't lying. Unfortunately it does mean we know Marty is dead, so two of are roles are now gone.

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Could that not have been just Bill finding his weapon. Maybe he did a task in order to do so. I can't rule such a thing out so can't rule you being bad out especially when added to the rest of what I said. Not as many people on you now as before though so maybe someone else will top others FFAs atm

Nah I'll probably be lynched tonight and it might be for the best for the village tbh

Then maybe they can actually examine the low posters like I said.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Well at least we know Doris wasn't lying. Unfortunately it does mean we know Marty is dead, so two of are roles are now gone.

Ugh, our roles

I'm gonna do my proper ffa now

#FFA3

Derry, I thought you were a goodie purely because you got a bullet but others don't agree. Brendan got you off the hook. You are the alpha.
    Liam, dismissed that noose accusation very quickly. I had you pegged as a goodie in my head for no reason ever since our letter exchange. You have been very helpful all game which is disconcerting all of a sudden.
    Desmond, very weak ffa

Also is it time for the seer or priest to come out. We're blind here

I'm not the alpha but whatevs. Lynch me if ye want, I'm not gonna fight it too much.

I am gonna gif like mad till I do die though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Liam: Fair point. Weve so little to go on so I was maybe looking for something that wasn’t there.And I also appreciate the amount of work Connor is doing for the village so im definitely behind him.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Thats unfair I didn't pop in last night and I havent nor wont ever be on early in the day. There isn't anything to re-evaluate I thought I had it solved last night but in my rush to post I never went back and checked properly which made me look a little silly tbf.

At least Conor said I'm not contributing which might be a fair criticism but I am trying just feel like your reasoning is poor and hence more likely just posting stuff for the sake of it. Hoping to pass under the radar. Seems like a wolfy thing to do to me.

To the last point, I hope my post after helped to showed that I am not just trying to pass under the radar.

In response to your first point (and maybe there is RL stuff happening) i just had notes that you had come in after the first few hours play since the start.

However everything in the middle sounds fair.

Nah I'll probably be lynched tonight and it might be for the best for the village tbh

Then maybe they can actually examine the low posters like I said.

Derry I know Steve was trying to get you killed via Doris, she chose Orla in the end. But that is twice now there has been the opportunity to peek/kill a player and in neither one have you been consistent with the peek high, lynch low. I get the reason for the peek low yesterday from Liam. That made sense and I could see the logic behind it. The kill today though does not seem to have been village focused or in line with your peek high strategy.

BTW, meant to come back to this. But what with worrying about no kill being forthcoming I forgot until now:
    Doris WW wrote: »
    My task was to post the names of 2 movies Elisabeth Shue was in. I used Link (an 1986 horror movie) in post 1827, and Back to the future part 3 in 1880
    Mods:

Any chance the op can be updated with the correct link for the lynch form?

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091415/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_48 - for reference since I'd never heard of the film).
    The first one and Back to the future part 3 are the standouts for me, didn't care so much for BTTF part 2

Probably a needle in a haystack, but now that we know the type of tasks being handed out, anybody else notice anything along these lines?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

@Mods - was the gun this morning a task win, a la the letter and almanac the previous two days. Please?

Yes it was.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Derry I know Steve was trying to get you killed via Doris, she chose Orla in the end. But that is twice now there has been the opportunity to peek/kill a player and in neither one have you been consistent with the peek high, lynch low. I get the reason for the peek low yesterday from Liam. That made sense and I could see the logic behind it. The kill today though does not seem to have been village focused or in line with your peek high strategy.

Nope, total revenge kill. Eye for an eye stuff tbh. Still not sorry.

Thou shalt not hand a lunatic a gun.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

doitagain-by-itsokaysammy.gif

Not good enough Derry, no matter how many times you say it today.

Since the game started, you have preached 'What good are low posters to the village either way? Let's off them'. Yet, when we actually get gifted a bullet today the group mentality goes out the window and you go on a solo mission.

You chose personal preservation. That's fine if you are a roled goodie. However, you initially had this to say about getting shot this morning...

Well kill me you're killing NRV. Not a bad loss tbf/

so you must not be a roled villager. You also said straight after shooting Steve that...

I'm shooting Steve cos I think he's a wolf.

but since then have hammered home the point that you killed him because he was going to kill you, not because he was a wolf.

You've been preaching 'for the village' all along but when you got an actual chance to do something positive for us, you chose to do something positive for you.

I'm not going to say that I knew Steve was good. In fact, he was someone who was growing in my suspicions. But you are talking out too many sides of your face here. It's leading the village into some poor decisions.

We lost Steve today and now Orla because with Steve, you were personal, with Orla you wanted to run a popularity contest.

Maybe with Orla, we got lucky and got a wolf, but with Marty and Jen apparently gone, we're clutching at straws at this stage. Straws you are holding out to us Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

FFA 3 [.2]

Derry - I have been adamant Derry is evil since the get go - I have not changed opinion since!
    Henry - I believe early altercations with derry were a ruse.
    I dont have a 3rd as of yet

• Advertisement

Okay, Derry's bullets were for a task.

Which anyone, not just goodies can win.

Mods haven't said anything about the mechanics of the reward - ie more bullets for hitting baddy first go, so we've only Derry's word on this. Sounds like a plausible mechanic though.

Derry shooting a villager for revenge rather than for genuine wolfie feelings is suspect. But then Derry hasn't exactly been consistent all game.

So, still undecided about what team he's on.

Maybe it is best just to lynch him to avoid the distraction of his inconsistencies at least.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Not good enough Derry, no matter how many times you say it today.

Since the game started, you have preached 'What good are low posters to the village either way? Let's off them'. Yet, when we actually get gifted a bullet today the group mentality goes out the window and you go on a solo mission.

You chose personal preservation. That's fine if you are a roled goodie. However, you initially had this to say about getting shot this morning...

Well kill me you're killing NRV. Not a bad loss tbf/

so you must not be a roled villager. You also said straight after shooting Steve that...

I'm shooting Steve cos I think he's a wolf.

but since then have hammered home the point that you killed him because he was going to kill you, not because he was a wolf.

You've been preaching 'for the village' all along but when you got an actual chance to do something positive for us, you chose to do something positive for you.

I'm not going to say that I knew Steve was good. In fact, he was someone who was growing in my suspicions. But you are talking out too many sides of your face here. It's leading the village into some poor decisions.

We lost Steve today and now Orla because with Steve, you were personal, with Orla you wanted to run a popularity contest.

Maybe with Orla, we got lucky and got a wolf, but with Marty and Jen apparently gone, we're clutching at straws at this stage. Straws you are holding out to us Derry.

Read thread again. Doris asked for the FFAs. Not me. Anyways it's moot cos I'm getting lynched now.

@Mods can we move lynch forward maybe get two in today?

Read thread again. Doris asked for the FFAs. Not me. Anyways it's moot cos I'm getting lynched now.

@Mods can we move lynch forward maybe get two in today?

You wont be playing after today -stop trying to shorten the game on the rest of us!

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Vote for me and find out the hard way.

A MJF film!

Abigail WW wrote: »
    FFA 3 [.2]

Derry - I have been adamant Derry is evil since the get go - I have not changed opinion since!
    Henry - I believe early altercations with derry were a ruse.
    I dont have a 3rd as of yet

You've been wrong since the get go. Surprised you didn't 'forget' that too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Liam WW wrote: »

Btw, has anyone a guess at what power Biff got on Day 2 (was it the second day we were told Biff got a new power?) It worries me no end that we've yet to even hazard a guess what it was.

I have a wild guess or theory on this but maybe Biff got the power to learn the role of the dead players. And maybe the seer is dead (not asking you to come out if alive or even to acknowledge this just theorizing) as they haven't come out yet

So a person could push the peek high lynch low strategy without it meaning anything but then push a different agenda when there is prizes given out

I hate getting lynched. Oh well. Back to the gifs and videos.

JosFCkJ.gif

You've been wrong a lot too :)

I havnt actually - been bang on so far ;)

• Advertisement

You've been wrong a lot too :)

True dat.

Really dunno if there's any point trying to fight being lynched here. I'm NRV, so it matters not really if I'm lynched.

I'll be bored though if I don't so expect GIFs and videos as a result.

Advertisement