Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEREWOLF XXIV - Back to the Future

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

@Mods - Griff and Mad Dog were "awoken" whereas yesterday a wolf was "recruited". Would "awoken" wolves have appeared as evil to a seer peek even if peeked prior to being "awoken"? I presume the one "recruited" was chosen by the wolves, and therefore would have appeared as good to a seer peek if peeked prior to being "recruited".

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Ok Derry, I've just seen your last reply to me with answers.

You accuse me of "manure" (interesting choice of words there btw) but most of your answers leave me none the wiser.

For instance, how was what you were doing this morning not tantrum-like?

I don't care I'm basically suspicious for everything I do so just kill me and be done with it cos...*gif 'I don't care'*

Followed by similar gifs and videos.

You've essentially just proved my point or accepted my problem anyway - You don't care about Steve, you'd do it again. So you would preach to the village what is best, then do something totally different and use a bullet for personal use, again. I understand.

I'm really against lynching villagers, unless we know they'll unlock a power for us, but I'm going to be quite torn with my FFA today. You aren't against lynching villagers, that's been well stated, so maybe I shouldn't care as much.

As a village, this is a really shít place to be a few days into the game.

Steve was trying to get me killed via Doris - what would you do in my scenario?

I literally posted about my gun the moment I got it.

He laughed in my face so I shot him.

And no, I'm not sorry. He was trying to do what I (sadly for the village) achieved - get a villager killed.

So no, I'm not sorry and no I won't apologise for killing someone who was trying to kill me.

I probably should have waited but at the exact same time it seemed there was a death warrant signed for me so I acted rashly and fast, and in self defense.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Not sure who to go for. My three prime suspects have been exonerated to a degree

Derry, I think you getting the bullets puts you on the goodie list but I was so sure before that you were bad
    Doris, suss because of the brendan situation. Mostly cleared by Gabriel and is allegedly going to die anyway
    Steve, thought he was a wolf hiding in plain sight

#FFA3
    ???
    ???
    Profit

I'll be back to come up with really ones. I don't like going for low posters but haven't got much else to go on right now

Really don't think you should discount Derry due to them getting a bullet. Prizes could have been won by anyone.

And also can I point out to those who think I'm Biff with a gun -

Wouldn't I have just shot Doris in that case?

Isla WW wrote: »
    If we are at worse case scenario which i think we should be thinking until we hear more, the baddies to goodies could be 8-7 come lynch if we lynch a goodie and sk kill a goodie

We can't afford to lynch a nrv we have to get a baddie if the above scenario is true

I'm not convinced 100% your bad

I would like to hear more from frank and clodagh

This is very true. I already thought we were in a bad situation, but the realisation that there was one more wolf also meant that there was one less villager. We really can't afford to lynch a villager, even one as annoying as Derry, tonight.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Steve was trying to get me killed via Doris - what would you do in my scenario?

I literally posted about my gun the moment I got it.

He laughed in my face so I shot him.

And no, I'm not sorry. He was trying to do what I (sadly for the village) achieved - get a villager killed.

So no, I'm not sorry and no I won't apologise for killing someone who was trying to kill me.

I probably should have waited but at the exact same time it seemed there was a death warrant signed for me so I acted rashly and fast, and in self defense.

Probably would have shot the person I thought was a wolf to be honest Derry. Or if I wasn't sure probably not shot anyone. Better one dead villager than two.

Conor WW wrote: »
    This is very true. I already thought we were in a bad situation, but the realisation that there was one more wolf also meant that there was one less villager. We really can't afford to lynch a villager, even one as annoying as Derry, tonight.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just a reminder if anyone voted Orla or Doris earlier please change your vote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

@Mods - Griff and Mad Dog were "awoken" whereas yesterday a wolf was "recruited". Would "awoken" wolves have appeared as evil to a seer peek even if peeked prior to being "awoken"? I presume the one "recruited" was chosen by the wolves, and therefore would have appeared as good to a seer peek if peeked prior to being "recruited".

The recruited wolf could be are best bet to find one, we could look at who was no a no go for recruitment at the time a at least get a small list of potentials

But need to know if they were hand picked or not rather than waist time on it, maybe mods would like to share?

And also can I point out to those who think I'm Biff with a gun -

Wouldn't I have just shot Doris in that case?

Maybe not Biff with a gun. But you were someone with a gun that was being threatened by Doris. You could have just shot Doris - we'd be one villager down, who was gonna die anyway, instead of potentially three if we include Doris, Steve and chose wrongly in Orla.

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    Probably would have shot the person I thought was a wolf to be honest Derry. Or if I wasn't sure probably not shot anyone. Better one dead villager than two.

So in my scenario, where I know I'm a villager, and you have Steve pushing for me who's good to get killed - there's absolutely NO way you shoot him?

None? Don't believe that.

Maybe not Biff with a gun. But you were someone with a gun that was being threatened by Doris. You could have just shot Doris - we'd be one villager down, who was gonna die anyway, instead of potentially three if we include Doris, Steve and chose wrongly in Orla.

I suppose Orla is my fault too. 8 people FFA'd her and Riona is making it out to be my fault entirely.

So in my scenario, where I know I'm a villager, and you have Steve pushing for me who's good to get killed - there's absolutely NO way you shoot him?

None? Don't believe that.

Well if Steve was my top suspect for a wolf yeah I'd have shot him. I didn't have him as my top suspect though and from the explanations since, you didn't either.

Why would I shoot a claimed role? That's madness? Unless I was a wolf?

I didn't take into account about 1 less villager for the recruit so that would leave it at 7-7 for my scenario

Isla WW wrote: »
    The recruited wolf could be are best bet to find one, we could look at who was no a no go for recruitment at the time a at least get a small list of potentials

But need to know if they were hand picked or not rather than waist time on it, maybe mods would like to share?

I asked to see how useful the seer is. We already know they're useless when it comes to Biff and the recruited wolf. But it'd be nice if they at least got a correct answer to sleeper wolves - learning of their wolf status possibly even before they knew themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Riona and Derry this time. Guys look elsewhere!!

Won’t be on much tonight but here’s my #FFA3.2

Abigail: same reason earlier

Clodagh: properly sneaking by now and needs to addressed. More and more of a possibility that she peeked good when Steve checked but is biff I feel

Third one could go to either liam(whilst I know my theory might have been presumptuous if I was right I need to back myself) or frank(still want more)

Well if Steve was my top suspect for a wolf yeah I'd have shot him. I didn't have him as my top suspect though and from the explanations since, you didn't either.

Not my top candidate no but if you look back to this morning I had floated the idea Steve was a wolf subtly pushing me each morning before backing off later in the day.

I asked to see how useful the seer is. We already know they're useless when it comes to Biff and the recruited wolf. But it'd be nice if they at least got a correct answer to sleeper wolves - learning of their wolf status possibly even before they knew themselves.

I'd like to think this is the case otherwise their information essentially gets rewritten every day (at least every day thus far). I'm inclined to believe the wolves were preordained and the seer would have been told they were sleepers. At least the one(s) that awoke.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I swear to God Henry if all the wolves are low posters you owe me an apology for being so negative on day 1.

Nope, never getting one. It was guess work if true not fact

• Advertisement

Not my top candidate no but if you look back to this morning I had floated the idea Steve was a wolf subtly pushing me each morning before backing off later in the day.

So that's where we differ. Who would have been above Steve in you thoughts when you shot?

Henry WW wrote: »
    Nope, never getting one. It was guess work if true not fact

:rolleyes: Your negativity is a large factor in all of this and I hope you're aware of that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

#FFA3

Derry - Ive stated the reasons many times but feel like he turned into a wolf after day1

More tenious

Liam - Him and Derry had some back on forth at the start with derry pointing him out as an early thanker of post 1 but not contributer to the thread (if I remember correctly) he then seemed to lightly defend derry (who dropped the early thank thing) and his actions while still saying he was suspicious of him. Has been much more distant from Derry today though since he is high on the chopping block

Why would I shoot a claimed role? That's madness? Unless I was a wolf?

You said you shot Steve to defend yourself. Steve was no direct threat as he had no gun. Doris was the one with the gun. If you wanted to defend yourself, go for the one with the gun, not the one encouraging the one with the gun.

So that's where we differ. Who would have been above Steve in you thoughts when you shot?

Well to be honest, Clodagh but Henry had cleared her as NRV since yesterday. If she votes tonight she needs to be lynched tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So guys, we thought that the goodies went down so well that more prizes will be available for the next couple days, so keep up the good work in completing your tasks.

You said you shot Steve to defend yourself. Steve was no direct threat as he had no gun. Doris was the one with the gun. If you wanted to defend yourself, go for the one with the gun, not the one encouraging the one with the gun.

Nope. Always go for the one encouraging. Better chance of a wolf being there than a roled villager.

That part I was right about as well so absolutely no apologies are being given.

I know I'm good. Steve was pushing Doris to kill me. I shot Steve.

It's simple really.

And I'm still. not. sorry.

So guys, we thought that the goodies went down so well that more prizes will be available for the next couple days, so keep up the good work in completing your tasks.

What are the tasks :pac::pac:

That would be a bit silly though because assuming Derry is good, Doris is also good (almost definitely at the time). Steve you couldn't know either way, but shooting Doris would've been terrible for the village I'd say. Unless Orla was good in which case shooting Doris might have saved a villager.

• Advertisement

I'd like to think this is the case otherwise their information essentially gets rewritten every day (at least every day thus far). I'm inclined to believe the wolves were preordained and the seer would have been told they were sleepers. At least the one(s) that awoke.

I hope so too, but it'd be good if the mods were to confirm to be sure.

Advertisement