Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service Experiences with Insurance Providers

• 25-02-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm doing a college assignment on customer service experiences with insurance providers for a "Service Design" course.

I work for an insurance company that hasn't really kept up with others in terms of offering the ability to manage policies online or the ability to do many things that 21st century customers take for granted.

I am struggling to empathise with the experiences of our customers as I unfortunately cannot interview any.

So I'm going into the wild and asking boards users...
    • Have you had any poor customer servicing experiences with any of your insurers? e.g. problems making a changes to a policy or to personal details, problems submitting or obtaining documents, problems with payment of premium.
    • Did anything slip between cracks as you dealt with multiple agents of the insurance company, had to explain your problem from the start to each of them and the right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing?
    • Have you had to wait excessively long for anything? For how long do you consider it to be acceptable to wait for such a service?
    • Have you requested something only to find out that the insurer never acted on it?

If you believe yourself to have had a poor customer experience with an insurer, I would really appreciate you describing the circumstances (without naming your insurance provider publically!)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tcs

I think I'm going about this all wrong. I need to be asking open ended questions so you can rant away at me (or tell a lovely story about how your insurer cannot do enough for you!)
    • Tell me about your experiences of making changes to your insurance policies?
    • Have you ever been frustrated in your attempts to obtain a document from your insurer?
    • How do you feel about dealing with your insurance provider?

What improvements would you like to see in how
    • your requests for changes to your policies are handled?
    • your requests for documents are handled?
    • your insurer handles renewal of policies?

Rant here or answer this survey - either works!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9KGS5RR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I have a long story about bad experience with Aviva (I don't see why it's inappropriate to name them), but it's a half an hour essay to write. I'll try in the next few days.

Advertisement