Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a bank

• 25-02-2018 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am currently with Bank of Ireland and I'm thinking of moving. My local branch not so long ago went all digital and on the rare week day I have off there has never been any staff that can help me.

I'm all for online banking but theirs just doesn't make things simple. I'm struggling to do something as simple as move money from my current account to my savings account.

So what im looking for is a bank that does online banking well but also late evening hours or open on Saturdays. I prefer to use contactless over taking out cash so I'd rather have cheap/zero contactless rates over ATM rates.

I'm potentially going back to do my masters in the next year or two so something with a good post grad account/loan options would be great too but not essential. More important would be one that will work long term for when I have to do all that adult stuff.

At the moment I'm think KBC but I have no experience of them and i'm open to suggestions. Thanks :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

You must be doing something wrong if you're struggling to transfer from your current account to savings account with BOI online. It's literally done in 2 seconds by pressing a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I'm aware it should be that simple, and I can do that do that from my savings to my current account but it will not give me the option to do it the other way around. I have tried to contact them to resolve this issue and they got back to me doing international money transfers. It's been a pain and I can't get it resolved in person either because of the lack of actual people that work in my bank and their lack or opening hours. This simple thing has become so complicated it that it's that last straw and I've decided to leave.

But thanks for your response. It was about as helpful as anything I got back from BOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have been with PTSB for quite a while (after ditching BOI - I sued to work for them...).
    I have free banking with PTSB not sure if that is still available though.
    No issues at all.

Advertisement