Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EFL Cup Final, Arsenal v Man City, 4.30pm Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Biggest diver in English football

If he keeps throwing himself on the ground like that it’s only a matter of time before he injures himself for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Quazzie wrote: »
    Dirty and reckless from Fernandinho. Fully left the ground and went in with 2 feet. Pretty scummy tackle

Yeah, nah. Defo made contact though, unlike what Neville said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

blueser wrote: »
    Did you actually see the replay?

Yes. Fernandinho left the ground and jumped in with 2 feet, which is dirty and reckless. Are you sure YOU've seen the replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

pudzey101 wrote: »
    you must have not heard of Deli Ali or kane

They dive in the penalty box mostly, Wilshere dives all over the pitch. Nobody says anything because he’s English.

He was on the ground that time before the tackle came in :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Yes. Fernandinho left the ground and jumped in with 2 feet, which is dirty and reckless. Are you sure YOU've seen the replay?
    Yeah; I did see it. Dinho never touched him. Mind you, you were adamant that the City goal followed a foul by Kun, so I won't bother arguing the point with you.

They dive in the penalty box mostly, Wilshere dives all over the pitch. Nobody says anything because he’s English.
    He's been at it from the off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

astradave wrote: »
    Is VAR being used here?

Yep, although hasn’t been so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

He's been at it from the off today.

He's at it every game which is ridiculous as he's a fantastic footballer.

• Advertisement

Spot on from Bellamy. We've been poor so far today. 2 out of 5 performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That clip shows it was 100% a free, because Aguero looked at the player directly before nudging him in the back.

That said if it was given, it would be an extremely soft free, and Mustafi is a disgrace for even allowing it to be a possibility.

Looking at him doesn't mean it's a foul.

Looking at him just means he's aware he's there. He simply allowed Mustafi to back into him. It was the most miniscule of nudges. Barely worth mentioning.

Ah he nearly went in with two feet but pulled out and not before it was too late.

Wiltshire absolutely milked it and has been diving most of the half. The way that he is feigning bad injury isn’t nice to see. God forbid he does get a bad injury. No one will know whether he’s injured or not.

adox wrote: »
    Yep, although hasn’t been so far.
    Been no need for it so far.

SlickRic wrote: »

Looking at him just means he's aware he's there. He simply allowed Mustafi to back into him. It was the most miniscule of nudges. Barely worth mentioning.
    They didn't even mention at HT. Even Thierry Henry, who's as Arsenal as they come.

Oh absolutely. Goal was fine and a dive for a peno shout from Arsenal early on. Nothing to review. Even the Fernandinho second foul the ref got correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well I’d say they reviewed the lead up to the goal, that’s why I was asking, they would have reviewed it and deemed it no foul.. wasn’t a foul for me either, but have seen them given

Yeah; I did see it. Dinho never touched him. Mind you, you were adamant that the City goal followed a foul by Kun, so I won't bother arguing the point with you.

Where did I say he touched Wishere? or even that it was a foul? You really should read things properly before you reply.

astradave wrote: »
    Well I’d say they reviewed the lead up to the goal, that’s why I was asking, they would have reviewed it and deemed it no foul.. wasn’t a foul for me either, but have seen them given
    You make a valid point. But there was no indication at the time that the incident was being reviwed. They did mention it later in the commentary that the VAR experts at Stockley Park (spelling?) were happy that there was no foul.

SlickRic wrote: »

So you're saying there was a deliberate nudge?

Where did I say he touched Wishere? or even that it was a foul? You really should read things properly before you reply.
    And you should actually watch the game before making some of your comments. Do you still think Sergio fouled his man in the lead up to the goal.

• Advertisement

Arsenal will be lucky to finish with 11.

And you should actually watch the game before making some of your comments. Do you still think Sergio fouled his man in the lead up to the goal.

I think he nudged him in the back deliberately, and by the letter of the law, that is a foul, but I fully understand why it wasn't given as it was very soft.

Nearly Vinnie!

I think he nudged him in the back deliberately, and by the letter of the law, that is a foul, but I fully understand why it wasn't given as it was very soft.
    Fine. We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You make a valid point. But there was no indication at the time that the incident was being reviwed. They did mention it later in the commentary that the VAR experts at Stockley Park (spelling?) were happy that there was no foul.

Yeah as most of the time Var is working in the background and we don’t know what is being reviewed until they see something wrong and notify the Ref.. it’s actually showing the good side of VAR here

That's a blow, losing Dinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bernardo Silva first taste of Wembley despite scoring a goal there for Monaco

Let's say Fernandinho got sent off for the tackle on Wishere, and then VAR came back saying there was actually no contact, would he be allowed back on the field, or would that have to be reviewed before the red card was issued?

Just a hypothetical question by the way, I'm not stating he should've been sent off, just using it as an example.

Don't do that to me Claudio!

That's how you go down with a nudge in the back, Mustafi

• Advertisement

GET THE FCUK IN!

Mustafi was left sitting on his hole, by Kompany, and Kompany didn't even know where the ball was.

Get in. That’s that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Can't see Arsenal coming back from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Mustafi at fault again. Should never have been a corner

Martin Tyler wants Arsenal fans to feel sorry for a player who just scored because he has had a lot of injuries.

If injuries makes you deserve trophies, we'd have won this 10-0

Delighted for Vinnie. The BS he's been through with injuries this past two or three years; no one deserves a goal at Wembley more than him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Fairytale stuff for Kompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd say Arsenal fans are enjoying this more than Neville. Would be stop with the complaining.

• Advertisement

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

3-0. Interesting to see if Man City go for the jugular now or if they settle for this. The could hammer Arsenal here today if they wanted to.

It's ok, we've got Danny Welbeck coming on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh Arsenal that's pretty ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And here comes Danny Wellbeck to save the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Neville: "Forget Arsenal, I'll come on to them in a minute, cos they're a disgrace!":p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Give the director a raise!

Gary Neville ain't happy. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hilarious assessment of Arsenal there

Berserker wrote: »
    3-0. Interesting to see if Man City go for the jugular now or if they settle for this. The could hammer Arsenal here today if they wanted to.
    We owe them after the s/f last year. Go for the jugular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement