Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Weather

Options
  • 25-02-2018 6:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought it would be good to acknowledge our own "Carlow Weather" man and his expertise , as we face some really cold weather. He's always measured in his approach and very informative as well.
    For ye non scallion-aters check out carlowweather.com

carlowtownweather.com

Take a bow, lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

He does a great service and is spot on with his reports. Plus I enjoyed his calendar each year too. It's looking bad for the week ahead. If anyone needs help with any damage or just help let me know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Nice one,IanO. One thing some people might forget it to ensure they have sufficient medication in case they can't get out and about.
    I'm not much on the likes of chopping timber and that, but can drive/shop for anyone who needs it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I like him when he predicts sunshine. Not so fond of him when he brings the rain and snow. <--- Yes I am blaming the weather man for the weather.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Alan O'Reilly of Carlow Weather (hope that doesn't freak people out who didn't know his name and actually thought he was named Carlow Weather by his olds...........) will be on Tonight Tv3 er, tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Have to say the roads around the town were in good condition this morning. Fair play to the council.

Also setting up salt and grit drops that the public can access was a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tullow was cat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Tullow was cat!

so......same as every other day so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

It's howling out there now, and no, I'm not putting me head out the window for a look! Pull up the duvet, it'll be grand.

At least 10 cm of snow here overnight and still snowing away. Mini-drifts all over the estate. Car abandoned on the Castledermot road, apparently. And this is the N80 in Ballon!
    https://twitter.com/DamianOBrien/status/969495869098782720

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ah cheers, missed this thread :D

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Ah cheers, missed this thread :D
    No wonder, have been following all your updates religiously , spot on.

Advertisement