Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Adult Content* A very short story...

• 25-02-2018 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Before hitting the hay last night I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOr17Le44Bc

It inspired me to write the following short story. The content is minimally adult, no swearing, no nudey bits, but a touch of violent imagery (I hope:D).

Anyway, enjoy...

The “Entertainment”

The entire room was in high spirits. A splendid ballroom replete with chandeliers, gold plated busts of people who clearly mattered, the shiniest silverware there could be and service staff who busied themselves with such professional attentiveness that none of the guests were left wanting for anything.

This gathering was a one in a lifetime. No. That’s not quite right. It was the first of the lifetime of every person gathered. But with the advances and technologies being celebrated there was every reason to expect that there would be more such gatherings. It was a celebration, a celebration of humanity’s domination over yet another frontier of exploration. This party was arranged by none other than Elon Musk himself (well, I’m pretty sure he had a guy to do it for him). Elon Musk’s SpaceX had just launched the first crewed rocket to the moon containing the planned first permanent settlers of Moonbase Zero.

Elon Musk’s SpaceX. What a success story. From it’s humble beginnings where it was nearly swindled out of existence from day one. You hadn’t heard of that? I’ll keep it very brief, but essentially when Mr Musk went to purchase leftover rockets from the Russian’s, the man he was making the deal with suddenly jacked up the price as the time neared to sign contracts. It was just not cricket, Mr Musk recognised it for what it was and decided to go a different way. Every time I see one of the SpaceX Falcon core rockets land perfectly as planned, I am personally thankful of that Russian’s attempt at flim-flam. I guess Mr Musk was too, because there the Russian sat with pride of place right next to the dance floor. What can you make of that? An engineering genius who doesn’t hold grudges, I guess.

Suddenly the music changed. There had been some classical music playing in the background, a live performing string quartet, of course. But now it was very lively music played in to the room over the speaker system. Out came a pretty young woman so fleet of foot she could have been a mythical elf. She was smiling and was clearly the nights entertainment. The room’s attention turned to the light footed lady as people whispered to each other enquiring “What’s going on?”.

The Russian turned his chair so he would be facing the entertainment. When he did so he noticed a rope trailing behind the lady, she was holding something akin to a wooden baton in her right hand as she walked, a skipping rope, he thought to himself.

Then the lady began to dance and skip in time to the music, the speed of the rope through the air and the lady’s lightning fast reaction to it caused most of the guests present hold their breaths in fascination and admiration. The Russian, too, was very much enjoying the show and holding his breath in astonishment. As the lady performed twirls as part of the act, the Russian could hear the rope’s whip-crack like sound as it sliced the air with supersonic speed.

The lady came closer to the Russian as she continued her balletic skipping routine. Twirl. Whip. KISH! Twirl. Whip. KISH! He only processed the fact that he noticed the gleam of the razor after it had sliced through his neck down to the wind pipe and carotid arteries. He gurgled involuntarily in surprise. He reached a hand up to his neck and felt the warm thick liquid gushing out. He collapsed to the floor. He wouldn’t get to use his suite after all. In the shock and confusion the lady easily skipped out of the room, never to be heard from again, at least not under the alias of that night.

Elon Musk wasn’t shocked. Not in the slightest. In fact the satisfaction on his face as he savoured his brandy and watched as the Russian’s, literal, life blood drained from his body gave an entirely different impression of Mr Musk’s attitude towards grudges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Really enjoyed the clip and the inspiration you took from it. Very well done to tell a complete story in such a short piece.

Advertisement