Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why would somebody order these

• 25-02-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi , my 15 year old son received an amazon order on friday , the contents of the box were distilled water , small black glass bottles , and a small medicine dropper. he says its for school but i dont believe him - mothers intuition! im worried it might be drugs related? sorry if i sound crazy , i wish i knew what he was doing and i cant find anything online. sorry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

eileenf72 wrote: »
    hi , my 15 year old son received an amazon order on friday , the contents of the box were distilled water , small black glass bottles , and a small medicine dropper. he says its for school but i dont believe him - mothers intuition! im worried it might be drugs related? sorry if i sound crazy , i wish i knew what he was doing and i cant find anything online. sorry!

Does the water have memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Could be worse, he might be getting into homeopathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

your sons name isnt pablo by any chance is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

sounds like stuff you would use in a science lab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

If you find blue crystals around the place, you'll know he's been watching too much breaking bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Are you sure it's not Ammonium Nitrate?

Is there no description or product number on the accompanying documentation. Surely there must be something on the paper saying what it is for. Or google the numbers on the boxes of the products. Post a picture of it here. Somebody will know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sounds like colloidal water. What does it say the bottle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Nothing gets me harder than a clickbait thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Sounds like colloidal water. What does it say the bottle?

"distilled water" I'm guessing

Tenigate wrote: »
    "distilled water" I'm guessing
    Your hilarious.

Product name, etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Meth lab.

Only one thing for it.

🔥🏠🔥

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

hairyslug wrote: »
    Nothing gets me harder than a clickbait thread title.

Is this too sexy for my sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Needs to bring some hot tea in an exam, can't bring a flask or cup in. You should be proud of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There is a new fad going around OP with teenagers. They are getting stoned off distilled water.
    They pour the distilled water into a black glass bottle and then use a dropper to drop it into their mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eileenf72

what is water memory? sorry if thats a joke that i dont get! its distilled water like for a car battery , and yes it looks like a science project which is why i dont believe his school story , he doesnt do science. they came in one big amazon box but look like separate orders , i dont think there was any other packaging or documents. the water is a big 5 litre bottle , why would he need that much? would help if i knew what he wanted it for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

He's 15. You're his parent. Why are you asking us?

Take them off him until you have an explanation you're happy with. If it's for school, ask what subject and check with the teacher.

If it's for homeopathy, tell him homeopathy is bull5hit, and pour them down the sink.

If it's for some weird health fad, tell him tell him the weird health fad is probably bull5hit, and pour them down the sink.

Edit. He's 15. If it was for school you'd have heard about it before the order arrived. Because he wouldn't have paid while the option of Mammybank was available...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

With that thread title, I thought we were gonna get something like 'we got sent sixteen dildos and a jar of hot sauce' not something boring like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sounds like he is getting into blotter acid

what is water memory? sorry if thats a joke that i dont get! its distilled water like for a car battery , and yes it looks like a science project which is why i dont believe his school story , he doesnt do science. they came in one big amazon box but look like separate orders , i dont think there was any other packaging or documents. the water is a big 5 litre bottle , why would he need that much? would help if i knew what he wanted it for!

Sorry. Homeopathy claims water has memory. Silly joke carry on and ignore.

• Advertisement

Jeez, he must be doing some science subject.

The label hardly just says "distilled water" and nothing more, because Amazon sell no such product. I suspect colloidal water or Colloidal Silver water. Both have many uses - none drug related.

He can show you his Amazon Orders if you need to look up the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Sounds like he is getting into blotter acid

He's probably trying to start microdosing LSD. Search his internet history if you have access, I bet you'll find something related to it.

Distilled/Deionised Water = Used for volumetric dosing (you can't use tap water as chlorine destroys/degrades the LSD).
    "Black Glass" = Actually ultraviolet glass. Used for storing his solution once made as light/heat can damage it.
    Medicinal Dropper = used for accurate measurements.

I'm actually impressed, the chap is going about it in the right way! It's not dangerous, and don't flip because you've seen the word "LSD" - it's beneficial to many, many people.

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    He's probably trying to start microdosing LSD. Search his internet history if you have access, I bet you'll find something related to it.

Distilled/Deionised Water = Used for volumetric dosing (you can't use tap water as chlorine destroys/degrades the LSD).
    "Black Glass" = Actually ultraviolet glass. Used for storing his solution once made as light/heat can damage it.
    Medicinal Dropper = used for accurate measurements.

I'm actually impressed, the chap is going about it in the right way! It's not dangerous, and don't flip because you've seen the word "LSD" - it's beneficial to many, many people.

Yeah but he’s not a doctor or a chemist.
    Just because it can benifit people doesn’t mean he should get in the habit of self medicating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

There is a new fad going around OP with teenagers. They are getting stoned off distilled water.
    They pour the distilled water into a black glass bottle and then use a dropper to drop it into their mouths.

Just buy some vodka

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Yeah but he’s not a doctor or a chemist.
    Just because it can benifit people doesn’t mean he should get in the habit of self medicating.

Yeah I'd still have a word with the chap about it. I just mean don't assume that he's gone full on meth-head or anything.

Though it's very easy to get your measurements wrong. And of course the biggest risk - where is he getting his LSD from and how can he be certain it's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

To prove that it it is water and nothing nefarious, sit him down and force him to drink the entire bottle. That's sounds like the most responsible thing to do.
    Your's,
    King Solomon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

methLabRecognition.jpg

Advertisement