Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Bulbs

Options
  • 25-02-2018 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know a good place to buy light bulbs

i need to stock up on a few

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any set type?

BC/ES or LED etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yea i use led gu10 for kitchen - used to be halogen yea?

as for bc/es.. i've no idea

just need normal light bulbs in different watts from about 40 to 100, obviously they have to be energy efficient nowadays and they don't seem to come cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

Dealz are good value on led light bulbs . 1.50 a bulb
    BC is bayonette cap
    ES is edison screw
    SES is small edison screw

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got 5 or 6 LED GU10s in an eletrical wholesalers, eurosales in sandyford. It is open to the public but when you go in looks like trade only, as it is manly tradesmen. THey are equivalent to 50W

This was nearly 3 years ago and none have broken and light has not deteriorated or anything. I used to fly through the standard halogens, always breaking. They use far less power and were 6.20 each incl. the VAT.

I, and others are very happy with the light off them. I had seen warnings against cheaper ones.

I have dealz regular bulbs in some rooms, like tolet, spare room, places I am not concerned about light quality. I would get better ones for living rooms and used bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pampam087

Supervalu 6Euro for ones that last a couple of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Ikea do good stuff - range is always changing - so if its for a fitting that require a few bulbs - get lots of spares as they likely wont have the same to replace a blown one in stock anymore when you need new ones - from experience.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement