Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 Week Old Won't Sleep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Is her room too hot? I know I’m finding it hard to sleep and I’m thirstier during the night. My baby (6 months) is waking up more often as well.

There’s also a sleep regression at 8 months. Maybe you hit it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Not much help but what kept us sane was remembering that each sleep disruption was just a phase. Some lasted longer than others but they all passed!
    If she was in a good routine stick with it and try not to introduce anything too new. Could be teeth, a growth spurt or the heat. Just remember it's temporary and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

I really think it could be the teeth. I remember our little boy went through something similar around 8 mths. It took a while for them to appear but it was them. At the moment sleeping hard for everyone in this weather. What is she sleeping in at the moment. The same clothes as normal or reduced layers? Our little boys room hotter than normal despite trying to cool it down so we have found less layers at bedtime is working better. She could also be thirsty. Best of luck with it. Sometimes they just go through phrases and you don't know what it is but it does settle down.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

With this heat, I'm hearing loads of parents give out that their kids' routines are all over the place as it's too hot to sleep.

Could be that or teeth or a developmental leap?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thanks for all the replies, according to Wonder Weeks, this should be a sunny/calm period for her but that's just not the case.

Her room is definitely warmer but we've been putting her to sleep in only a vest to try and cool her down, have two fans trying to circulate the air as well which helps but doesn't bring the temperature down too far.

We considered it to be teeth but given that she is not really reaching for her mouth or isn't really showing other signs of teeth we're unsure. The only thing like I said is that she's taking a soother at bed now which she never did before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

OREGATO wrote: »

We considered it to be teeth but given that she is not really reaching for her mouth or isn't really showing other signs of teeth we're unsure. The only thing like I said is that she's taking a soother at bed now which she never did before.

our little fella never touches his mouth or anything when teething... we have no idea if he is teething or not. he is 2 and still hasnt all his teeth. not sure whats even left to come down!

Advertisement