Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanderbilt/Siemens App

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I've got a siemens/vanderbilt alarm for the last couple of years, worked a dream.

however the last couple of weeks after I got the notification that the alarm wasnt connected to the internet.

The internet is working, the alarm is working, the homeplugs look to be working but my account doesnt appear on the app, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

More than likely the panel isn't getting a connection to your modem. Have you tried resetting the network plus? They can be troublesome at times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

More than likely the panel isn't getting a connection to your modem. Have you tried resetting the network plus? They can be troublesome at times.

As in doing it on the CP? or opening the box and just seeing if its the ethernet cable is connected?

I logged into my spc connect account and its asking for a panel ID, should this not be already populated?

As in doing it on the CP? or opening the box and just seeing if its the ethernet cable is connected?

I logged into my spc connect account and its asking for a panel ID, should this not be already populated?

More than likely it's your network plugs that aren't working. Things can interfer with them and cause them to stop working. Try plug them in to different sockets or run a lenght of cat5 from modem to panel as a process of elimination.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Need to isolate this down a bit more..
    Can you connect to your panel on the local network via https://192.168.*******?
    If so the network connection is good.
    Is your panel displaying SPC Connect Offline?
    If you login to your SPC Connect account is the panel listed there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Who is your isp?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Need to isolate this down a bit more..
    Can you connect to your panel on the local network via https://192.168.*******?
    If so the network connection is good.
    Is your panel displaying SPC Connect Offline?
    If you login to your SPC Connect account is the panel listed there?

Panel is saying its offline, i've taken off the box and the ethernet cable is still connected.

Havent tried to login via the local network but assume i wont be able to reach it if its offline

No, the panel number on spc connect is blank

Who is your isp?

Vodafone, connection has been pretty much faultless for 2 years (bar the odd re-set on the plugs)

Vodafone, connection has been pretty much faultless for 2 years (bar the odd re-set on the plugs)

Have you tried connecting the panel directly into the modem, to by-pass the network plugs? Sometimes if you plug something else into the socket beside the adapter it can affect them.

Have you tried connecting the panel directly into the modem, to by-pass the network plugs? Sometimes if you plug something else into the socket beside the adapter it can affect them.

No, i've a long ethernet cable that should work, but the sockets that have been in use havent changed in about a year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Leave everything as is.
    First thing to try is your local network. Just because the panel shows offline does not mean there is no LAN connection.

Try Login to your panel @ https://192.168.******
    Either way we will need the LAN connected first.

Its strange that the panel isn't showing up on your account.

• Advertisement

Leave everything as is.
    First thing to try is your local network. Just because the panel shows offline does not mean there is no LAN connection.

Try Login to your panel @ https://192.168.******
    Either way we will need the LAN connected first.

Its strange that the panel isn't showing up on your account.

I cant access the panel on its IP address

and my ethernet cable/telephone cable combo isnt long enough the stretch

On your TP links are you getting 3 lights on both units?
    Is panel communications setting set to DHCP? or Static IP address?

On your TP links are you getting 3 lights on both units?
    Is panel communications setting set to DHCP? or Static IP address?

DHCP, all 3 lights are on both plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Doolittle51

The very same thing happened to me recently. Only noticed that the panel wasn't appearing on the app last Friday, but it could have been out of action for a bit longer. Alarm was working fine, internet was fine (virgin) and I could ping the panel etc.

I had to add the panel to my account again on the spcconnect website. You can retrieve the panel registration ID and panel username from the email you received when your account was originally set up. Panel password is the code you use to arm/disarm.

The very same thing happened to me recently. Only noticed that the panel wasn't appearing on the app last Friday, but it could have been out of action for a bit longer. Alarm was working fine, internet was fine (virgin) and I could ping the panel etc.

I had to add the panel to my account again on the spcconnect website. You can retrieve the panel registration ID and panel username from the email you received when your account was originally set up. Panel password is the code you use to arm/disarm.

I cant ping the panel, i've dug out the code, but when i try to add it it says it cant be added when panel is offline

You will need to get the local connection up first.
    Try restart the panel then disable and reenable DHCP and see if it grabs an IP address.

You will need to get the local connection up first.
    Try restart the panel then disable and reenable DHCP and see if it grabs an IP address.

Right my next question, how do i get the engineer menu up, when i scroll through I've got the standard (inhibit, isolate, test, view logs etc options but having a read online it appears i need to create an an engineer user but i dont have a "Creating System User" option

No, you need to have the engineer code.
    The default is 1111.

No, you need to have the engineer code.
    The default is 1111.

So i've tried to enter this pin on every screen but all i get back is invalid pin (even if i've tried after i've entered my own pin)

So i've tried to enter this pin on every screen but all i get back is invalid pin (even if i've tried after i've entered my own pin)

You need to rule out a problem with the plugs first. If you can't make up a cable then try move the modem closer to the panel. If the plugs are ok then you're going to need a pro out to fix it as engineer access is vital.

Edited to add: can you try plugging in a laptop to the network adapter at the panel to see if it gives it a hard wired connection?

• Advertisement

You need to rule out a problem with the plugs first. If you can't make up a cable then try move the modem closer to the panel. If the plugs are ok then you're going to need a pro out to fix it as engineer access is vital.

Edited to add: can you try plugging in a laptop to the network adapter at the panel to see if it gives it a hard wired connection?

I've checked the plugs themselves with a lan connection to my laptop, they work.

Will try that hard wire option now.

Edit: Cant access the panel

Expert it is

I've checked the plugs themselves with a lan connection to my laptop, they work.

Will try that hard wire option now.

Edit: Cant access the panel

Expert it is

Try power the panel down and back up again. Failing that engineer access is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

I also noticed that SPCConnect was not showing my panel a few days ago. As you advised, When I logged on to the website, I had to add my panel in again. Thanks!

Advertisement