Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get access to read my meter.

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm living in an apartment and would like to read my meter. The problem is the box, where the meter are, is locked, so I can't manage it.
    What Can I do in this case? 
    Many thanks.
    Zsolt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi Zsolt,

Thanks for your message.

Could you confirm if it is the white meter box that you are having difficulty accessing? If so, a meter key can be purchased form any hardware store. This will open the box, enabling you to read the meter.

If you cannot access the room where the meter is kept, then you will need to contact the apartment management company, property owner, or security company to gain access to the meter.

ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland send meter readers to read electricity and gas meters respectively, regardless of supplier. If the meter reader is unable to access the meter then any bills issued for the property will be estimated.

We would then recommend contacting the relevant party to access the meter, and provide an updated regarding to Electric Ireland. We can then issue you with a corrected bill.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 8 szelpal

Okay, thanks. Yes, this is the white box. But some of them are locked by a key locker. 
    I'll check it with the property management as well.
    Thanks for the quick response,
    Zsolt

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Zsolt,

You are very welcome.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement