Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice, told 30 days for a refund

Options
  • 26-02-2018 11:57am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone here confirm that refunds take 30 days, and if so, explain why they can possibly take that long?

I paid my bill last night and was charged twice. I talked to a support rep on live chat, and he first just said it would sort itself out in my next bill, and after i said that wasn't acceptable, he said a refund could be requested but it would take up to 30 days. Over 4 weeks for a refund? That's absolutely crazy.

Surely there is no way a refund can take that long, especially in the case of me being charged twice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Kiith wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone here confirm that refunds take 30 days, and if so, explain why they can possibly take that long?

I paid my bill last night and was charged twice. I talked to a support rep on live chat, and he first just said it would sort itself out in my next bill, and after i said that wasn't acceptable, he said a refund could be requested but it would take up to 30 days. Over 4 weeks for a refund? That's absolutely crazy.

Surely there is no way a refund can take that long, especially in the case of me being charged twice.
    Hi Kiith, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This would be the standard timeframe on a cheque refund, when the final statement is issued it's 30 days after this. 

If you PM me your account number and full name on the account, I will look into this and try my best to get this processed faster for you due to the error.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement