Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP phone system for a new SME

Options
  • 26-02-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I've recently set up a new company where I'm dealing with customers and suppliers around the world, needless to say, the phone bill is massive. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good VoIP phone provider?

In an ideal world, I'd like something that I could run through my laptop as I often need to make calls while out and about so a handset is not ideal. I used to work for a large company that had a cisco set up that did this, but I suspect we're too small for them.

I was also thinking of Skype for business - has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No experience with them but Blueface would be on of the main ones people use, maybe check out their website and see what they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 crkcvnirl

bonzodog8 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've recently set up a new company where I'm dealing with customers and suppliers around the world, needless to say, the phone bill is massive. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good VoIP phone provider?

In an ideal world, I'd like something that I could run through my laptop as I often need to make calls while out and about so a handset is not ideal. I used to work for a large company that had a cisco set up that did this, but I suspect we're too small for them.

I was also thinking of Skype for business - has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks in advance...

Morning,
    My own setup involves remote workers, international and Irish travel and also working from home.

I have an account with GoldFish.ie with multiple Irish and UK numbers. I use the system via dedicated VoIP desk phones and when out and about I use CSipSimple on smart devices.

If calls are missed I'm emailed notifications and/or the voice message. They've time of day routing and bank holidays already setup that you can switch on or off.

If you run a call centre environment take a look at their Quvu service (not using it myself).

Been using them about 7 or 8 years. Their support team have always been A1++. I've asked them for general telco advice over the years and they've always been happy to help.

FYI You're broadband would need to be decent for your voip to work at it's best.

Regards

PS I'm not a GF employee or shareholder unfortunately!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I wouldn't trust Skype for a minute. When something goes wrong be prepared for weeks of frustration.

+1 for goldfish, we have a bunch of numbers off them and never had a problem with any of them. Support is great too, recently spent some time talking to their tech guys while they helped me troubleshoot a 3rd party VOIP PBX.

Advertisement