Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Id forgotten this thread even existed, welcome back :pac:

Nice win today and another clean sheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Barisic' was a peach :) Inch perfect.

Was nervous at the start as we were playing pretty pedestrian, didn't need to be nervous at all it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Royal Antwerp V Rangers in the last 32 of the Europa cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Class reaction from Boyd tonight on Sky as the Treble is snatched away by 3 Irishmen

XklvXBe.jpg

1-0 og

Yesssss! What a result, defence was again brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Class reaction from Boyd tonight on Sky as the Treble is snatched away by 3 Irishmen

XklvXBe.jpg

I'd imagine you've had a similar reaction yourself a few times since the New Year?

• Advertisement

So with 15 games left to play I think 32 points wins the league?

The 10 games until the split are...

Motherwell (A)
    Ross County (H)
    Hibs (A)
    St Johnstone (H)
    Hamilton (A)
    Kilmarnock (H)
    Livingston (A)
    St Mirren (H)
    Sad Face FC (A)
    Dundee United (H)

A good few tricky fixtures in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    I'd imagine you've had a similar reaction yourself a few times since the New Year?

Of course although after four trebles in a row, about time some other club won a trophy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Of course although after four trebles in a row, about time some other club won a trophy

Mod: Please do not post in this thread again.

I suppose we took a very small step closer to the title today, despite the disappointing result.

14 games remaining. 42 points to play for.
    31 points required to guarantee we are the champions.

Assuming the other team manage to win all 17 of their matches, of course.

Starting to think we might do this!

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    I suppose we took a very small step closer to the title today, despite the disappointing result.

14 games remaining. 42 points to play for.
    31 points required to guarantee we are the champions.

Assuming the other team manage to win all 17 of their matches, of course.

Starting to think we might do this!

Trying so hard to just think a game at a time. They should beat Livingston on Wednesday and that will be one of their games in hand out the way

Trying so hard to just think a game at a time. They should beat Livingston on Wednesday and that will be one of their games in hand out the way

One game at a time is the only way to look at it.

The lead at the top can be deceptive because there's always a possibility that one of us goes on a winning run for many, many, matches.

Even a couple of draws for them in the last 17 games would give us a significant extra advantage.

Whichever way you look at it, we still have a long way to go.

Anything can happen but for sure I'd rather be in our position right now. Of course! :)

Ross County next and we can see what kind of reaction we get out of the players.

Very difficult to know how to feel about today when we salvaged a point and also it's the first points we've dropped since 20th of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

DM_7 wrote: »
    Mod: Please do not post in this thread again.

Are you for f*ucking real????????

:pac:

XklvXBe.jpg

I liked his reaction from yesterday better.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1352019598263144452

Another good win today and good to see Jack and Roofe back onto Wednesday and Hibs now

Fuming at yesterday. They did everything in their power so we can't win the league at celtic park :(

• Advertisement

Wright + 150k for McCrorie who will bring his permanent move forward

Simpson in Glasgow he will sign and probably go out on loan for the rest of the season

Happy with those transfers and we managed to offload some deadwood. Do hope Barker will get his league winners medal :p

Another win and we move to Sunday at Hamilton. Not a great game but Hagi with a sublime goal done what was needed

Never showed up today, Hamilton probably deserved more than a point I'd say.

Still unbeaten in the league though :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Never showed up today, Hamilton probably deserved more than a point I'd say.

Still unbeaten in the league though :)

Yeah think SG knows he made changes he shouldn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

What’s the magic number for Rangers to secure the title? Must be getting very close?

What’s the magic number for Rangers to secure the title? Must be getting very close?

Four wins needed

Should have won by more but decent performance in general.

Another step onwards. Happy enough with that

Looking even better if Ross County hold on!

• Advertisement

Yes!!! Seven points needed , one hand on the trophy!

Well, that was entertaining!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Well, that was entertaining!

Some of our attacking play tonight was sublime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Hate saying it, but Rangers have been immense this season. You'd like to think they are doing well cause Celtic are poor, but Europe shows otherwise. Royal Antwerp are no mugs, probably the second best team in Belgium to a very good Brugge team the last few years.

How good is Gerrard as a manager though? Has he been the turnaround, or were the club growing again anyway, in the likes of financial stability, that would of allowed any manager to do the job he's doing?

Hate saying it, but Rangers have been immense this season. You'd like to think they are doing well cause Celtic are poor, but Europe shows otherwise. Royal Antwerp are no mugs, probably the second best team in Belgium to a very good Brugge team the last few years.

How good is Gerrard as a manager though? Has he been the turnaround, or were the club growing again anyway, in the likes of financial stability, that would of allowed any manager to do the job he's doing?

To be fair when he came into the club we had to many players who shouldn’t have been there. He has built a team by bringing in players and working to improve players already there. It’s taken all of three seasons but he has done it Rangers are a club back in the mix.

To be fair when he came into the club we had to many players who shouldn’t have been there. He has built a team by bringing in players and working to improve players already there. It’s taken all of three seasons but he has done it Rangers are a club back in the mix.

See I choose not to watch much of Rangers, so hard to gauge how good of a manager he is. They seem to have motivation, leadership and direction of play though, which is hard to instill regardless of how big or dominant the club once were. Seems to be far better than Lampard for example.

He seems to have made them a cohesive unit, whereas they seemed a bit all over the place before he arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

All credit to Gerrard. Rangers were in a mess when he first went there, with a losing mentality. But he's whipped them into shape, and then some. Sleepwalking their way to the title, and progressing steadily through the EL. Exciting times to be a Rangers fan, after a long, long time in Celtic's shadow.

See I choose not to watch much of Rangers, so hard to gauge how good of a manager he is. They seem to have motivation, leadership and direction of play though, which is hard to instill regardless of how big or dominant the club once were. Seems to be far better than Lampard for example.

He seems to have made them a cohesive unit, whereas they seemed a bit all over the place before he arrived
    Well I watch every game and he has turned the club round big time. There’s still work to do but it’s all good so far. I will add it is his first managerial roll and he has been learning his trade so yes mistakes were made and no doubt will still happen but it seems he is learning from them and putting that knowledge to good use

Well I watch every game and he has turned the club round big time. There’s still work to do but it’s all good so far. I will add it is his first managerial roll and he has been learning his trade so yes mistakes were made and no doubt will still happen but it seems he is learning from them and putting that knowledge to good use

You from the south of Ireland btw? Must be weird being a Rangers fan down south. Was talking to a lad from the Dublin Wicklow L.O.L who was a Rangers fan. Fascinating though his experience

• Advertisement

You from the south of Ireland btw? Must be weird being a Rangers fan down south. Was talking to a lad from the Dublin Wicklow L.O.L who was a Rangers fan. Fascinating though his experience

Yeah from Donegal there’s a few Rangers fans about. It’s fine most of the time unfortunately there’s always some that take it to far

Yeah from Donegal there’s a few Rangers fans about. It’s fine most of the time unfortunately there’s always some that take it to far

Aye, Donegal a bit different than the rest of south though in parts though, sizeable enough Ulster Scots community in places than the rest of the country

Aye, Donegal a bit different than the rest of south though in parts though, sizeable enough Ulster Scots community in places than the rest of the country

I presume you are referring to Protestants when you say Ulster Scots. I have never heard the term when talking about RC’s or am I way off track

So Slavia Prague in the last 16. If could have been worse looking forward to this tie

Beaton really is the worst ref in the league, and that's saying a lot.

4 to go

• Advertisement

Morelos yellow rescinded SG accepts one match ban

Good win with an an all round very good team performance. 1 point needed

Championees! This is magic , been a long time waiting for this moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done to Rangers. Fully deserved. Celtic have been atrocious this season, and Rangers have shown remarkable consistency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement