Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

And Morelos’ red card rescinded totally shocked :rolleyes: ;)

Correct decision has been reached finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Third out of the last four reds we got rescinded...

Just saw West Brom made a bid of 3m for Tav :D
    Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Windass off to Wigan for 2.5m plus’s add on’s and DJ having a medical with Swansea.

FT 3-1. Really good result which sets us up very nicely for the next leg. That late third goal gives us a nice cushion and it was well deserved. Fancy us to score over there, so that should kill off the tie.

Fantastic result, can't really do anything about their goal but the 2 goal lead should hopefully suffice.

Morelos making a lot of people eat their words :D

Coulibaly is a machine. Forget to add that to my post.

Berserker wrote: »
    Coulibaly is a machine. Forget to add that to my post.

Wish we could just use the option to buy right now, use the Windass money for all I care. The guy is unreal.

Just in the door after being at the game really pleased with our overall performance. Of course there’s things we could have done better but overall it was excellent. Coulibaly Tav And Alfredo we’re the standouts for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Any reason the game wasn't on the box?

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Any reason the game wasn't on the box?

Other than Rangers having the rights and keeping it in house and showing it on RTV no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Good win last night hopefully they get through now. It might take a couple of years but if things keep improving then Scottish clubs will be competitive again in Europe, or at least start qualifying in second and 3rd rounds. Hibs have a chance aswell especially if Zenith don't make it through to play offs.

2-0 at half time v St Mirren, nice, hopefully a comfortable win today!

Other than Rangers having the rights and keeping it in house and showing it on RTV no.

Ah, didn't realize it was on RTV

Thanks!

Stupid from McCrorie, absolutely no need for that.

Very disappointed with McCrorie over the red card. Was never going to win that challenge and the rest of the team had to work that extra bit harder to cover, which could have an impact during the week. No appealing that one.

• Advertisement

Team for tonight

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Halliday, Jack, Ejaria, Arfield, Candeias, Morelos, Murphy

Subs: Foderingham, Umar, Hodson, McCrorie, Kent, Kelly, Middleton

FT 0-0. Really solid defensive and team performance tonight. McGregor MOTM with a really impressive display including saving that late penalty.

FT 0-0. Really solid defensive and team performance tonight. McGregor MOTM with a really impressive display including saving that late penalty.

Good all round team performance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Fans in bother again I see lads

It was a bit nervous at times but in general we never got into trouble.

McGregor saving that joke of a penalty only made it better :pac:
    Fans in bother again I see lads

Attacked on the way to the ground by Maribor fans, bottles etc. thrown. Then when they arrived at the ground police all of a sudden stopped the march and started laying in with batons, tear gas,...

2 officers of Police Scotland were present and will no doubt have their say.

• Advertisement

Team news

Rangers: Foderingham; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic; Halliday, Ejaria, Arfield; Kent, Murphy, Morelos
    Subs: Alnwick, Flanagan, McCrorie, Jack, Candeias, Middleton, Sadiq

If you can't maintain a normal grass pitch then I really think you shouldn't be allowed in the league. That pitch at Rugby Park is a joke, once again another injury because of it.

0-2 HT. Alfredo with both. Played really well in that half. The pitch is a disgrace.

Shocking pitch should not be allowed in top flight football
    Alfredo should be on his hat trick that one that wasn’t given is clearly over the line

Alfredo with the perfect hat trick

Happy enough with that. We really need to get another CB in though

Ayr Utd in the next round at home

Good draw but the games really are piling up. Any truth in the rumours that FC Ufa might not be able to fulfill the home time due to visa issues?

Good draw but the games really are piling up. Any truth in the rumours that FC Ufa might not be able to fulfill the home time due to visa issues?

That’s the rumour but to be honest I can’t see it happening the game will go ahead I reckon

Seems like it won't be an issue. Would have been handy but beating them on the pitch is the right way to go about it.

• Advertisement

Confirmed that Lafferty has signed a two year deal. In not so good news Murphy is out for the season with an ACL injury

Team

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan; Jack, Candeias, Ejaria, Arfield, Kent; Morelos

SUBS: Foderingham, Wallace, Sadiq, Halliday, Ross McCrorie, Lafferty, Middleton

HT 1-0 Rangers. Goldson sticks it away from close in

Well going to have to be really strong over there.

Thought Ejaria was excellent tonight

Tough game last night. Happy to get the win and think the clean sheet could prove to be a massive bonus. Get an away goal over there and I reckon we'll get through. On a side, what do you guys makes of the signing of Lafferty?

Tough game last night. Happy to get the win and think the clean sheet could prove to be a massive bonus. Get an away goal over there and I reckon we'll get through. On a side, what do you guys makes of the signing of Lafferty?

He will do a job I think in certain games we will go two up front with Morelos and Lafferty also he can play up there in his own when needed or drop back a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Lafferty will always be a goal threat, and he loves the club too. His temperament is his biggest problem though, so hopefully he'll get a few red cards in games against Celtic this season ;)

Was following on text commentary.

It semmed a lot better than what Stevie G thought of it afterwards.

Sounded like they have a ton of chances in the first half.

Was the first half as bad as Stevie G was suggesting?

Was following on text commentary.

It semmed a lot better than what Stevie G thought of it afterwards.

Sounded like they have a ton of chances in the first half.

Was the first half as bad as Stevie G was suggesting?

From his perspective I can see why he wasn’t happy but no I don’t think it was as bad. McGregor had two saves to make in the whole game our defence was never under any real threat

• Advertisement

Team

RANGERS: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, Barisic, Jack, Ejaria, Halliday, Lafferty, Morelos.

Subs: Foderingham, Wallace, Sadiq, Kent, Candeias, Arfield, Middleton.

1-0 down after 3 mins, very unlucky to slip there.

The Ulster Gazelle levels it :D

edit: And straight back to 2-1 ffs
    That 3-5-2 isn't working one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Watching this game makes me believe that the standard of the SPL is finally so bad, that it's making for great entertainment. Like the A-League in Australia, no-one can defend so games are turning into shoot-outs.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The Ulster Gazelle levels it :D

edit: And straight back to 2-1 ffs
    That 3-5-2 isn't working one bit.

Yeah looking very uncomfortable at the back

Watching this game makes me believe that the standard of the SPL is finally so bad, that it's making for great entertainment. Like the A-League in Australia, no-one can defend so games are turning into shoot-outs.

At least unlike our own league most of them have a decent first touch and can play some football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At least unlike our own league most of them have a decent first touch and can play some football.

That's what I mean. There's some decent attackers and midfielders and the defending is so poor, it makes for an entertaining game.

Laffertyyyyyy :D

That's what I mean. There's some decent attackers and midfielders and the defending is so poor, it makes for an entertaining game.

Defending is poor today but up until today Rangers had not went behind in any game and had only conceded four goals that’s uncluding the five euro ties so far. Rangers have went three at the back and it’s clear that the players are finding it strange and having trouble adjusting. We also have a full back playing one of the back three.

Lafferty not wasting much time.

What a ****ing counter!

• Advertisement
Advertisement