Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Lovely goal from Ejaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

I wonder if Morelos will be affected much by lafferty, he seems like someone to enjoy been the main man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Think he'll be fine, many of us have wanted to see him paired up with a proper striker. I think given time they'll be great together.

DlhiQtBWwAEngrE.jpg

No luck love :D

limnam wrote: »
    I wonder if Morelos will be affected much by lafferty, he seems like someone to enjoy been the main man.

Think he will enjoy having someone alongside him some of the time

Lafferty has a passion for the club, for sure!

Second half is dire, sitting back way too much and inviting them on

****ing knew it. That's what you get for doing nothing all second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    ****ing knew it. That's what you get for doing nothing all second half.
    Motherwell always looked the more likely to get the next goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Have to stop getting caught like that with late goals. Cost us two points against Aberdeen in the first game of the season and another two today. Has to be down to poor concentration. The second half display today was well below par.

• Advertisement

Hardly any goals let in during 12 games with 4 at the back and 3 now in one game with 3 at the back!

hold-hold.jpg

Get it up you, UFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

hold-hold.jpg

Didn't really want to give this post a "Thanks", but it made me quietly laugh!

Thank feck for that nothing like making it difficult for ourselves but we got there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well done Rangers,

steven gerrard the saviour ?

fryup wrote: »
    well done Rangers,

steven gerrard the saviour ?

Wee bit to go yet before that can be said but the team is better now

Draw is at noon tomorrow. Hope we get some good trips out of it. Some interesting and some not so interesting potential destinations on the list. Have a feeling we'll get one of the PL sides for some reason.

Listening on Bbc radio Scotland and they reckon qualification will gaurantee at least £6m and that is much needed income for the club. Brilliant result despite the two sendings off. Hope the shirts will be available soon for the fans to buy and bring more funds to the club!

• Advertisement

hold-hold.jpg

Braveheart was a Ger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Braveheart was a Ger!

:pac:

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Braveheart was a Ger!

Well, seeing as he fought for independence from the English, he was more likely a Tim ;)

Well, seeing as he fought for independence from the English, he was more likely a Tim ;)

Yeah because Rangers don’t have any supporters of independence 🤣🤣

Yeah because Rangers don’t have any supporters of independence 🤣🤣

I've spotted a "few" Union Flags around Ibrox though :p

I've spotted a "few" Union Flags around Ibrox though :p

You will. I spot thousands of Irish Tricolours in Parkhead and it is a Scottish club to ;):p

• Advertisement

Villareal
    Rapid Vienna
    Spartak Moscow

Be interesting

Villareal
    Rapid Vienna
    Spartak Moscow

Be interesting

Some good ties in there. Moscow is an awkward one.

Berserker wrote: »
    Some good ties in there. Moscow is an awkward one.

Yeah travelling to Russia never easy. Be about two hours before the fixtures and dates are out

Getting to Moscow is a lot easier though than for example Ufa.

Decent group I'd say, could have been a lot worse.

20/9/19 - Rangers v Villarreal 5.55pm

04/10/19 - Spartak v Rangers 8pm

25/10/19 - Rapid v Rangers 8pm

08/11/19 - Rangers v Rapid 5.55pm

29/11/18 - Villarreal v Rangers 8pm

13/12/18 - Rangers v Spartak 5.55pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

20/9/19 - Rangers v Villarreal 5.55pm

04/10/19 - Spartak v Rangers 8pm

25/10/19 - Rapid v Rangers 8pm

08/11/19 - Rangers v Rapid 5.55pm

29/11/18 - Villarreal v Rangers 8pm

13/12/18 - Rangers v Spartak 5.55pm

Where you seeing that? Im waiting with skyscnaner open for Celtic's dates to come out and nothing so far

Where you seeing that? Im waiting with skyscnaner open for Celtic's dates to come out and nothing so far

It’s all over the net

It’s all over the net

Have you seen ours? Not seen a thing :o

I believe someone posted a mock-up poster with those dates, but it's not official. We'll probably hear later today.

Its a pain in the hole, i was to have my work leave sheet handed it at lunchtime, need to know asap.

Yep it’s nonsense mate same with the kick off times all three home games at 5:55

Read just now that no UK teams will have 6pm kick offs :confused:

Yep it’s nonsense mate same with the kick off times all three home games at 5:55

That alone gives it away :D

They have now been released for real it seems.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/1035537931224707078

Yeah person who gave me them first I trust completely he has never been wrong when it comes to this stuff ah well

Yeah person who gave me them first I trust completely he has never been wrong when it comes to this stuff ah well
    What stuff? UEFA fixtures?

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »
    What stuff? UEFA fixtures?

Yes among other stuff

Match day 6 - Vienna away. I'll have some of that.

RANGERS: McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic; Jack, Arfield, Ejaria; Kent, Lafferty, Morelos.

SUBS: Foderingham, Worrall, Candeias, Flanagan, Halliday, McCrorie, Middleton.

FT 1-0. Really disappointing and tired performance but I think the miles covered this week had a part to play in that. Never really got into the game at all. Ref missed an obvious foul in the build up to the goal but can't argue with the result, if I'm being honest. Coulibaly should be back after the break which is a big plus for us.

FT 1-0. Really disappointing and tired performance but I think the miles covered this week had a part to play in that. Never really got into the game at all. Ref missed an obvious foul in the build up to the goal but can't argue with the result, if I'm being honest. Coulibaly should be back after the break which is a big plus for us.

Obvious foul is laughable - he slipped and threw the hands up hoping for a soft free.
    McGregor was brilliant and is the reason that wasn’t a hammering. At the same time he was lucky to be on the pitch - there’s discipline issues in that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://streamable.com/ibj5e

No foul pal. Kris Boyd give his verdict. Celtic Should have have won by much much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Amazing how someone experienced as Gerrard still can't get his head around a slip being a self influcted occurrence.

That said, while it wasn't a foul it could easily have been given and the goal doesn't happen, that's how fine the margins are.

Celtic utterly dominated but didn't create a huge amount of real chances relative to their domination. Given the travelling rangers did mid week, coupled with how ropey their defence has been, Rodgers should really be concerned by how difficult Celtic found it.

Two incidents that I really found trivial were MacGregor's (who had a great game) kick and Morales push on Brown. Both were pointless and petulant. Neither achieved any competitive advantage for their side, yet they both risked being sent off for the incidents. Utterly daft, selfish behaviour that could have left their team mates facing a real up hill battle. It amazes me how shortsighted and selfish players can be to risk something like that for absolutely zero gain.

Could have been a lot worse if not for McGregor and the 4 times or so they hit the woodwork.

Not sure how tiredness was a factor, but a few players who didn't seem up for it once again.
    edit: That video clearly shows his foot being hit out from under him... Soft, but could be given. Gerrard said the fourth official was shouting to Collum about it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Never a foul in the build up to the Celtic goal. McGregor should have been off for his kick, it appears that this is now allowed :confused:

• Advertisement

Could have been a lot worse if not for McGregor and the 4 times or so they hit the woodwork.

Not sure how tiredness was a factor, but a few players who didn't seem up for it once again.
    edit: That video clearly shows his foot being hit out from under him... Soft, but could be given. Gerrard said the fourth official was shouting to Collum about it as well.
    There’s a lot of that team not up for the big occasion.
    One other positive for ye was Lafferty. He’s limited, but when his head is in the game and he’s used properly he can be effective.

He’s a bastard but that’s what you need in the team - gets away with loads of small fouls, knows how to win a free and generally seeking the small advantages.

Morelos is the opposite, selfish childish and petulant - when the going gets tough he shrinks and is liable to get sent off.

Ejaria - who has looked decent at times -went missing too.

Advertisement