Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC On Field Gossip & Rumour Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think that is part of the difference. You lot have Brown, Griffiths, Tierney, Lustig,... who actually dislike Rangers and manage to put that across into the games.

We have Lafferty I guess ? Many of the others don't know the meaning of these games.

And as for McGregor: He'll probably rightfully get banned for that, but I wonder if Christie will get the same for his pathetic dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I think that is part of the difference. You lot have Brown, Griffiths, Tierney, Lustig,... who actually dislike Rangers and manage to put that across into the games.

We have Lafferty I guess ? Many of the others don't know the meaning of these games.

And as for McGregor: He'll probably rightfully get banned for that, but I wonder if Christie will get the same for his pathetic dive.
    Early days but I think there a huge difference in temperament between the 2 sides.

It’s not even about disliking the rivals, they know it’s a big game and apply themselves appropriately.

We’ve been poor so far this season and didn’t play anywhere near top gear today but the team applied themselves so well that it could/should have been a spanking.

I wouldn’t trust the SFA to get any of the retrospective decisions right, both should be banned. What’s I think you should be more concerned about is the mentality - McGregor did what he did knowing it’s a straight red if he’s seen, there was no advantage to be gained from kicking out at Ajer. Morelos risked getting a stupid 2nd yellow a couple of times over things that give his team no advantage. All while the game was in the balance.

Christie risked a yellow trying to win a penalty to kill the game - i dont agree with it and he should get a ban but it shows up the huge disparity between how both sides apply themselves when it matters.

Gerrard still has a group of individuals, acting selfishly and catering to their own emotions.
    Rodgers has a team, still not at their best but looking to do what it takes in games like this.

I don't actually think that's a red anymore, it's a yellow. But he was already booked I think so should have been sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Never a foul in the build up to the Celtic goal. McGregor should have been off for his kick, it appears that this is now allowed :confused:

Morelos red being rescinded against Aberdeen set the precedent. Rangers players can kick opposition off the ball with zero comeback.

We saw McGregors WWE audition last week too. Zero comeback.

Lmao, I get that you'd think that because you (at least I hope so) don't watch our games, but pretending we can kick opposition players off the ball with no scrutiny is just plain wrong.

Both Aberdeen and Motherwell were free to do as they wanted, where as every Rangers player was either given a foul against or booked for the slightest.

• Advertisement

Lmao, I get that you'd think that because you (at least I hope so) don't watch our games, but pretending we can kick opposition players off the ball with no scrutiny is just plain wrong.

Both Aberdeen and Motherwell were free to do as they wanted, where as every Rangers player was either given a foul against or booked for the slightest.

What did McGregor get for his legs inexplicably giving way causing him to elbow the Motherwell player?? How come Lafferty wasn’t carded for kicking out at Lustig?? What did Morelos get for blatantly pushing Brown??

Playing the victim won’t make these go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What did McGregor get for his legs inexplicably giving way causing him to elbow the Motherwell player?? How come Lafferty wasn’t carded for kicking out at Lustig?? What did Morelos get for blatantly pushing Brown??

McGregor fell, these things happen. It was an accident. Did you watch that game? Motherwell spent the entire game kicking lumps out of us. Most of those lads have very promising careers in the MMA ahead of them when they retire from football.

Like Berserker said, other teams often seem to have carte blanche against Rangers. No idea where you're getting this idea from that Rangers are the dirty team here.

Like Berserker said, other teams often seem to have carte blanche against Rangers. No idea where you're getting this idea from that Rangers are the dirty team here.
    To be fair Celtic often come up against the same. When the refs are being lenient the smaller teams will take advantage.

I wouldn’t say Rangers are a very dirty team overall - McGregor is dirty and Lafferty can be fairly dirty, some of the rest (particularly Morelos) are petulant and have no discipline more than dirty.

What’s annoying is that this stuff is let slide - McGregor should have been banned after elbow and should be banned for the kick, Morelos somehow got red rescinded for kicking and again on Saturday Collum was very lenient towards him.

Rangers have got the rub of the green when it comes to refereeing decisions the last few weeks

How many red cards have you gotten since Gerrard took over?? 2 alone against UFA.

• Advertisement

How many red cards have you gotten since Gerrard took over?? 2 alone against UFA.

Stop talking **** :pac: . You clearly didn't see the incidents.

Stop talking **** :pac: . You clearly didn't see the incidents.

So they weren't sent off??

Just looked it up. 34 yellows and 4 reds (one ridiculously rescinded) in 13 games. Serious amount of refereeing mistakes. Honest as the day is long. :rolleyes:

So they weren't sent off??

Just looked it up. 34 yellows and 4 reds (one ridiculously rescinded) in 13 games. Serious amount of refereeing mistakes. Honest as the day is long. :rolleyes:

Ridiculously rescinded :D

Ridiculously rescinded :D

You think trying to boot someone off the ball isn't a red card offence??

You think trying to boot someone off the ball isn't a red card offence??

That's now what happened though, is it ?
    Not that I'd expect you to agree.

That's now what happened though, is it ?
    Not that I'd expect you to agree.

So he didn't swing a boot at the defender?? :rolleyes:

Its literally exactly what happened.

So he didn't swing a boot at the defender?? :rolleyes:

Its literally exactly what happened.

And his red got downgraded to a yellow, so clearly the authorities disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

bobmalooka wrote: »
    It’s not even about disliking the rivals, they know it’s a big game and apply themselves appropriately.

There are certain players who go over and beyond applying themselves for big games, and it's hatred that drives them to this. Lafferty, McGregor and Naismith are all examples of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I don't actually think that's a red anymore, it's a yellow. But he was already booked I think so should have been sent off.

Clearly on a wind up here. If the was on a rangers players the phone network would collapse with the level of hysterical calls into Sportscene.

Clearly on a wind up here. If the was on a rangers players the phone network would collapse with the level of hysterical calls into Sportscene.

Maybe read it again. According to the rules that would now warrant a yellow. The exact reason why Morelos' red was downgraded to a yellow.

• Advertisement

There are certain players who go over and beyond applying themselves for big games, and it's hatred that drives them to this. Lafferty, McGregor and Naismith are all examples of this.

I think there’s a massive difference in approach between those guys and the Celtic players mentioned earlier.

The 3 you’ve mentioned come close to imploding on the big days - McGregor had a great game but was extremely lucky not to be sent off. Naismith has an absolutely charmed existence, again very lucky not to be sent off on multiple occasions.

I agree, their hatred may raise their game but it’s not controlled - they’ve been lucky to stay on the field.

The likes of Brown, Tierney and Lustig raise their game under Rodgers in a controlled manner. They stay cool (you could argue Brown doesn’t but he goes on the wind up rather than lashing out)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45409871

So apparently it's not a red card offence to kick out at a player now according to the SFA. It's not a yellow card offence either btw.
    Blatant disregard of the rules.

Oh well :)

It will be interesting to see if another player from another SPL club kicks out at a Rangers player off the ball in matches to come what will happen. According to this SFA ruling players can now kick out an an opponent off the ball with impunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The SFA are a joke and this let off for McGregor was expected as the precedent was set by the previous incidents involving Morelos and Naismith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Well Christiegot away with a blatant swan dive that ended in a Rangers player being booked for nothing so meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if another player from another SPL club kicks out at a Rangers player off the ball in matches to come what will happen.

A statement and possibly a boycott of something, coupled with uber rage would be my guess

So apparently it's not a red card offence to kick out at a player now according to the SFA. It's not a yellow card offence either btw.

Kudos to the SFA for coming to the right decision. The ref usually sends our man off during the game and they rescind it later. A very welcome sign of improvement this time round by all parties.

Berserker wrote: »

Kudos to the SFA for coming to the right decision. The ref usually sends our man off during the game and rescinds it later. A very welcome sign of improvement this time round by all parties.

Yawn, at least ye are getting something to keep the spirits up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yawn, at least ye are getting something to keep the spirits up.

True they are celebrating the decision like they won the game!

1 win in 4 games

Amazed you lot care about this teeny tiny club. You forget your top tier was banners until we we arrived back your players are going crazy about beatining thos club seriously have a look at yourselves a bunch of saddos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well Christiegot away with a blatant swan dive that ended in a Rangers player being booked for nothing so meh

Lafferty dives and yellow cards say hello

Lafferty dives and yellow cards say hello

Brown falls over with the sleep ghtest of touches from Morelos say goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Kudos to the SFA for coming to the right decision. The ref usually sends our man off during the game and they rescind it later. A very welcome sign of improvement this time round by all parties.

The rest of Scottish football knows what is going on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

They stay cool (you could argue Brown doesn’t but he goes on the wind up rather than lashing out)

Wasn't he booked very early for a bad tackle?

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »

They stay cool (you could argue Brown doesn’t but he goes on the wind up rather than lashing out)

Wasn't he booked very early for a bad tackle?
    Badly timed - yes. Wasn’t overly aggressive I don’t think.

Amazed you lot care about this teeny tiny club. You forget your top tier was banners until we we arrived back your players are going crazy about beatining thos club seriously have a look at yourselves a bunch of saddos

Bahaha, arrived back to where? 7th

Best meltdown since, What’s the goalie doin’ Tom

Bahaha, arrived back to where? 7th

Best meltdown since, What’s the goalie doin’ Tom

Meltdown dear me

A lap of honour after beating a club that is dead apparently, and a result that puts them in 2nd :D

A club like no other.

The rest of Scottish football knows what is going on here

Better officiating?

• Advertisement

A lap of honour after beating a club that is dead apparently, and a result that puts them in 2nd :D

A club like no other.
    Old club dead, new club on life support - do keep up.

Celtic always celebrate like not - if ye were more used to staying for the 90 minutes you’d know that

Better officiating?

They have no idea how high it goes.

:pac:

No wonder they sell books about paranoia and make movies about it.
    Old club dead, new club on life support - do keep up.

Celtic always celebrate like not - if ye were more used to staying for the 90 minutes you’d know that

Do they **** :D

A club like no other.

Celtic do a lap after every game at Celtic Park.

Short memories from fans of the club that plays out of Ibrox. You had a pitch invasion and scenes reminiscent of a World Cup win after scraping a last minute win at Firhill not too long ago.

Short memories from fans of the club that plays out of Ibrox. You had a pitch invasion and scenes reminiscent of a World Cup win after scraping a last minute win at Firhill not too long ago.

Some fans came on the track next to the pitch to celebrate with the players. Your fans did the same a few years back if I recall, when snatching a draw at the end.

And this wasn't just a lap though, it was almost like you won the CL :D
    Small time mentality :pac:

Although the scoreline was only 1-0 your team got trounced last Sunday Jelle.

A stroke of astonishing incompetence by the SFA review committee since then has appeared to give you something to smile about but that level of incompetence could easily come back and bite your team in the ass at some point.

Keep smiling though Jelle, head in the sand loyal:)

Some fans came on the track next to the pitch to celebrate with the players. Your fans did the same a few years back if I recall, when snatching a draw at the end.

Your whole bench emptied onto the pitch. There were fans on the pitch celebrating with players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Your whole bench emptied onto the pitch. There were fans on the pitch celebrating with players.

I wonder how long we have to wait to see a similar reaction from the Rangers players and fans after an Old Firm game? I wouldn't be holding my breath if I were you ;)

There’s footage of Celtic celebrating a European cup. If you haven’t seen it I can send it on so you can compare the two.

It was almost as exuberant as the Rangers players reaction to getting drawn to play Celtic in the cup

Although the scoreline was only 1-0 your team got trounced last Sunday Jelle.

A stroke of astonishing incompetence by the SFA review committee since then has appeared to give you something to smile about but that level of incompetence could easily come back and bite your team in the ass at some point.

Keep smiling though Jelle, head in the sand loyal:)

I will keep smiling, thank you very much.

Imagine being that weird that you just beat your city rival convincingly but rather go on about a decision that in the end doesn't even impact the result or game, combined with claims about 'justified paranoia' :D
    Because obviously no such thing has ever happened to Celtic.

Imagine fans celebrating a 94th minute winner that qualifies the club for European football.
    Weren't you lot loving it when Lennon ran onto the pitch in our 5-5 game with Hibs ? It wasn't even that bad. Nothing like Motherwell fans being allowed to cross the entire pitch, but I assume that was just 'banter' :)
    There’s footage of Celtic celebrating a European cup.

1972 darling. :o

I will keep smiling, thank you very much.

Imagine being that weird that you just beat your city rival convincingly but rather go on about a decision that in the end doesn't even impact the result or game, combined with claims about 'justified paranoia' :D
    Because obviously no such thing has ever happened to Celtic.

Imagine fans celebrating a 94th minute winner that qualifies the club for European football. - The entire bench emptied onto the pitch, along with a pitch invasion because you were guaranteed third place. Didn't you mention small club mentality :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weren't you lot loving it when Lennon ran onto the pitch in our 5-5 game with Hibs ? It wasn't even that bad. Nothing like Motherwell fans being allowed to cross the entire pitch, but I assume that was just 'banter' :)

1972 darling. :o - Don't think there were any photographers in the jacks in 1972 where Rangers got presented with the CWC trophy. Why was it presented in the jacks again??

• Advertisement
Advertisement