Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional career advisor sought.

Options
  • 26-02-2018 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I really need some solid professional career advice and I'm based in Galway City.

Has anybody experience of professional career advisors in Galway or elsewhere?

Has anybody any recommendations, PM if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Connacht15 wrote: »
    I really need some solid professional career advice and I'm based in Galway City.

Has anybody experience of professional career advisors in Galway or elsewhere?

Has anybody any recommendations, PM if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

Delia works out of Triskel in Salthill impressed some of my family. She's on Fb, but pm me if you want her no.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the_galway_fry

Bredabe wrote: »
    Delia works out of Triskel in Salthill impressed some of my family. She's on Fb, but pm me if you want her no.

without being crude what kind of money are we talking for one of these consultations and how effective are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

without being crude what kind of money are we talking for one of these consultations and how effective are they?

Pm'ed you.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PM Sent.

Also, years ago, I read "What colour is your parachute". Found a lot of the advice in that is very logical and easy to follow.

It is specifically aimed at job hunting but covers a lot on career choices also. It is re-released/updated on an annual basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

In my experience, they can be anything from €100 a session to a much larger amount for those that do more work in preparing for the sessions with an expectation that you will be working together to achieve a specific goal such as identifying career direction, opportunities, application and preparation for interview.

It is expensive but a few sessions over several weeks or months is a worthwhile investment from a career perspective in my view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement