Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appalling carry on from eir regarding installation

Options
  • 26-02-2018 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Two failed attempts at broadband installation so far.

On the first installation attempt the technician was given the wrong installation instructions. The line needed to be connected and therefore could not complete the installation.

My order was then cancelled and a new order set up with the correct (full) installation instructions apparently. The usual 7-10 days wait for technician again. Person doing the new order puts in wrong eircode - even though they informed me that they "copied" my address details from the previous order. Only discover this when installation company ring to confirm the installation a few days in advance.

Another phone call to eir and another order cancelled. I was told they would set up yet another new order straight away and call me back today for IBAN details - no sign of a call back. Absolutely appalling service. Person setting up the third order said herself that it is ridiculous carry on and promised me a call back to get the third attempted order set up and a technician out to me on a "high" priority list, but yet here I am waiting to hear back.

Highly unprofessional carry on altogether. Not to mention the fact the place I am in is only for the next 12 months, one of which has already almost passed and yet still no broadband service.

If this service is ever installed I would expect some form of compensation as it reflects very poorly on eir and leaves a very bad impression of the company with its lack of professionalism and organisational skills.

Can someone please look into this before I look elsewhere?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

On the first installation attempt the technician was given the wrong installation instructions. The line needed to be connected and therefore could not complete the installation.

My order was then cancelled and a new order set up with the correct (full) installation instructions apparently. The usual 7-10 days wait for technician again. Person doing the new order puts in wrong eircode - even though they informed me that they "copied" my address details from the previous order. Only discover this when installation company ring to confirm the installation a few days in advance.

Another phone call to eir and another order cancelled. I was told they would set up yet another new order straight away and call me back today for IBAN details - no sign of a call back. Absolutely appalling service. Person setting up the third order said herself that it is ridiculous carry on and promised me a call back to get the third attempted order set up and a technician out to me on a "high" priority list, but yet here I am waiting to hear back.

Highly unprofessional carry on altogether. Not to mention the fact the place I am in is only for the next 12 months, one of which has already almost passed and yet still no broadband service.

If this service is ever installed I would expect some form of compensation as it reflects very poorly on eir and leaves a very bad impression of the company with its lack of professionalism and organisational skills.

Thanks,
    Hi uknowwhatimean ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 15 uknowwhatimean

Thanks,
    Hi uknowwhatimean ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks,
    Hi uknowwhatimean ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    PM sent
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement